“Wonderful stay in the vines...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sequoia View Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sanger
Sequoia View Bed & Breakfast
1384 S. Frankwood Ave., Sanger, CA 93657   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Sanger B&B and Inns
“Wonderful stay in the vines...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a wonderful stay at the Sequoia View Bed & Breakfast! Debbie and Jim were wonderful hosts. We were treated to a wine tasting when we arrived, a very nice treat after driving all day. They were very knowledgeable of the area, giving us many restaurant suggestions near bye. Our room had a formal sitting area, big bedroom and bath, plenty of room for two people.

Overall beautifully decorated, and very clean! Breakfast was delicious and very filling. The fruit served at breakfast was from their property, so delicious! We would definitely stay again when were in the area!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stayed here for a weekend. Based on this lovely first visit, I will return! I stayed in the Winemaker's Suite, located above the wine tasting room. My room was super clean, comfortable, quiet and tastefully furnished. Its windows offered beautiful views of orchards, vineyards, and the distant snow-capped Sierra mountains. It had a private balcony with a table and chairs. My room had a CD player with a radio; no Wi-Fi, no TV. Highly recommended if you want to unplug and take a digital holiday in a beautiful setting. I have allergies, so cat-free, non-smoking, super-clean Sequoia View was perfect for me! Delicious, healthy breakfasts feature local eggs and fresh produce. If the daily hot breakfast seating time does not suit you, they will deliver a breakfast basket to your room at your chosen time. One morning I enjoyed a breakfast basket: hard boiled egg (gorgeous speckled brown egg from the neighboring ranch), warm blueberry mini-muffins, yogurt, sliced fresh fruit). Another day I enjoyed a hot breakfast with other guests in the owners' dining room (apple pancakes, chicken sausage, sliced fresh fruit, fresh-squeezed OJ).The owners are attentive and accommodating, but not intrusive. Upon request, they are happy to advise you about local sightseeing, hiking in the Sierras, or walking/biking/driving around the block to see the blooming orchards. But this B&B is so nice, you might choose to simply hang out on your private porch or relax on the wine tasting patio, enjoying the view and the peaceful ambience! Conveniently located just a few hundred yards down the road: The School House Restaurant and Tavern (see my restaurant review).

Room Tip: The Winemaker's Suite (where I stayed) is upstairs, no elevator. The other guest suites are in a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I had my wedding here in May of 2012, and it was perfect.

I will be here every three months, with my husband, our future children, and anyone wise enough to follow us.

The price? An absolute bargain. Unbelievable as a bed and breakfast. Huge rooms, huge breakfast, discerning staff. Their wine is award winning and outrageously good (and underpriced)!

At my wedding: not only did I get to bring in rentals without a hassle (the day before and everything!), I got to pick them up the next day. Whenever. I did it before noon, but it didn’t seem to matter. It is farm pace out here, not Frezno Frantic, which some people seems to need. On the day of my wedding, the facility provided four people to pitch tents, set out tables, put out chairs and move thousands of pounds of equipment and necessities, free of charge. Free. Never said anything other then ‘does this work for you?’.

Yes, there was dirt. It is a winery. Which is a farm. Farm, farms have dirt. If you are going to complain about dirt at a winery, you must be one of those people that would get married on the beach and complain about the sand (pro tip: don’t complain about dirt at a farm. You seem pretentious. Or stupid. I’ll let you choose).

To come here is to escape reality. A world where you remember how important escape is. These are salt of the earth owners: gracious, kind, gentle and with a ready and steady laugh. After ten visits, I honestly question anyone who doesn’t see it.

Come here and enjoy the wonderment and beauty of this place.

Room Tip: The Zinfandel Suite has the best amenities, while the Wine Makers Suite has the best view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We had our small wedding ceremony and reception here in August. We chose the property because of the bed & breakfast and it's proximity to the Cedar View Winery. We were happy to purchase all three rooms for that night since both our Officiant and Matron of Honor with their spouses, were coming from over an hours drive distance.

The rooms were very well and thoughtfully appointed. The bed was just okay, but the room was very clean. The breakfast was uncomfortable, as well, as the couple hovered over us in silence. It was really weird. In all my other B&B experiences, the owners have been overly friendly and welcoming. This couple was a complete departure from that.

Breakfast was barely palatable, the saving grace was the portions were so stingy and small.

The owners were inexcusably rude to every wedding guest we spoke with. Not a one received a warm welcome to their property -- including the bride, the officiant, the coordinator/Matron of Honor, photographer, make-up and hair designer, parents of the groom, etc... not to mention the dear and special guests who traveled from far away places to share our very special evening with us.

Their wedding night attire was completely inappropriate, even for a small, casual wedding such as ours. They wore the shorts and t-shirts they had sported all day.

When we arrived the morning of the wedding to deliver rentals and chairs, the property was filthy. My brother and the Matron of Honor's husband swept as much dust and cobwebs as they possibly could. The owners made no apologies, nor did they offer to take over or even help.

During the meeting we requested to discuss our disappointments, especially the rudeness shown to our guests, they were completely defensive and told us our guests were liars. [I refuse to believe the 70-year-old twin sister of my deceased mother who had driven with her two granddaughters all the way from Reno to be with us would lie about the snarky comment she received when she asked for help from the owner.] Then she belittled us and the situation by accusing us of seeking "compensation" which we were NOT! A personal letter of apology from them to each guest they offended would have fit the bill!

I'm not at all sure why our experience was so completely different from many other reviewers.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Sequoia View B&B is a terrific place to stay for many reasons. The hosts, Debbie and Jim are quite gracious and full of information of the area. The B&B has lovely rooms which offer a great deal of privacy with a view of the vineyards and Sierra Mountain range. The inn is within a reasonable driving distance to Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park. By the way, be sure to have a tasting of their superb award winning wines.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have their own character and there is no bad choice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful place to stay before a hike in Sequoia National Park. Our room, the winemaker suite was beautiful, with gorgeous views of the vineyard and hills. The owners Jim and Debbie began our stay with a lovely wine tasting of their delicious white wine and some very tasty cheese. They were happy to recommend a walk and where to dine. There was a lovely yard to sit and read and relax. A wonderful way to relax after a long drive and before our sequoia visit. can't say enough good things. I have become a huge fan of B & B's - a great way to travel.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in this quaint, elegant bed and breakfast. The owners, Jim and Debbie, couldn't have been nicer and were so accommodating! They were especially helpful in giving us advice about our trip to the Sequoia National forest and had great recommendations that made our trip amazing. The breakfast was delicious! We had a great time hanging out on the patio watching the stars and enjoying the atmosphere of the vineyard.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, the early morning noise from the nearby road may wake you up so I sugges...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Sequoia View Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!