“Good for dinner but NOT for a party” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 39 Restaurants in Sanger
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Sanger, California
“Good for dinner but NOT for a party”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

"Security Guards" that you think your paying extra for on the contract are just the owner and his nephew. The extra food you think you will have left over since a good handful didn't show up will be eaten by the staff in the same room as you. The is very rude and not professional!
A deposit on the contact is required but constant calls to give more money before the party which was not on the contract is also NOT professional. Yes it is good food but poor management skills when planning a party. Thank you for this one time but I have learned my lesson

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Manhattan Beach, CA
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Good food and great service. Highly recommended for those wanting a nice lunch or dinner with a nice atmosphere.

Visited August 2012
Squaw Valley, California
“Fine dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Fermins opened several years ago on the site of the old Phoenix Gym. They have maintained great food and service along with aunique dining experience at a reasonable price.

Visited December 2011
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Delicious food in a cool airy setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

Good service with a freshly drawn up menu, consisting of a range of great tasting foods and drinks.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fresno
“FAVE FAVE Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2007

Being a local gal, I am always on the lookout for good places to enjoy a meal. I was visting this little in and around the area town and happened upon Fermin's.
As my friend and I entered we were greeted warmly and professionally by the hostess and were seated immediately. The decor is relaxed, comfortable, with a touch of class and under-stated sophistication. The tables are covered in crisp white linen tableclothes and the colorful cloth napkins are folded tastefully. The lighting is subdued, and the old world effect on the walls is very soothing to the eyes. This is the kind of place where you pop in wearing shorts and a Hawaiian shirt or you can dress it up a little bit for dinner and feel comfortable either way.
As we looked over the menu.......many items described seemed delicious......my friend chose the prime rib and I picked the pepper encrusted steak. We were offered the wine list and we chose a house white zinfandel and a merlot.
Our dinners arrived within minutes....the prime rib aroma wafted across the table at me and it was wonderful. My pepper steak had a wonderful cracked pepper aroma......the sauteed veggies glistened.....they were crunchy and colorful. The generous portion of garlic mashed potatoes was smooth, but not overpowered by the garlic.
The wait staff was courteous, professional and each wore a wonderful smile each time they approached our table to check in on us. When we had a request they were prompt in attending to our requests....with a smile.
We decided to have dessert and it was warm and gooey and filling!!
Towards the end of our meal, the owner, Fermin came over to our table and introduced himself and wanted to know if he could be of service and asked about our experience. Of course, we were flattered that he would come out to greet us and we shared w/him that it had been a wonderful meal and that we would definitely be coming back!!!!.
And we have been back......many times now....and it has become a favorite...the favorite......this little treasure, right in my own back yard. It is too good to keep to myself as much as I would like to....... I just had to share our great dining experience in this little jewel of a place!!! I have told all my good close friends about Fermin's.
As a matter of fact, I'm dining there tonight!!!!
Treat yourself..........visit Fermin's....you WILL NOT be disappointed.
Jayne