“Consistently horrible service” 2 of 5 stars

Update restaurant details
Cuisines: American
“Consistently horrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I have been to this Denny's about 3 times in the last year. I keep giving it another chance, but every time the service is HORRIBLE. The problem is its ridiculously understaffed. I swear I saw the same guy seat people, take orders, cook food and serve food. Even when it's not crowded, the service is horrible. Impossilbe ti get drink refills. the restrooms were not stocked with soap or paper towels (which makes you wonder if yhe employees are using the same restroom) i don't think I'll give it another chance, there is NO WAY this place will stay in business another 6 months.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

% Recommend
Fresno, California
“Worst Denny's Experience Ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

I don't really expect much from Denny's because the food is consistent and most likely frozen until it's warmed on their griddle. I do expect reasonable service, a clean eating area and utensils, as well as at least somewhat friendly service. At this particular location I found absolutely none of these things.

I'm appalled and disgusted at the mess of the dining room and terrible staff. This is a newer building so walls and restrooms are decent but I visited on a Wednesday at 10:30p.m. and the carpet was covered in food. There were more dirty tables with plates of food still on it than there were people (about 10ppl 3 tables).

We were seated promptly but the guy that took our drink order thought it was to much that I ask to have my water without lemon. He demonstrated his maturity by asking me over and over "with lemon?". Eventually I lost amusement with that game and sternly suggested he bring me nothing at all. He replied by saying he was hard of hearing then laughed and walked away. 15 minutes later he brings a dirty glass of water without lemon. I didn't drink it nor send it back.

My friend had placed his meal order of the Sampler. It took some time to actually get the food because our waiter, Luis was visiting with his wife and child who were waiting and watching him "work" while they ate and drank.

The food was hot and fried, as expected but the chicken was so dry and shriveled up that it was not at all edible. A huge disappointment for Denny's. I will not be back to this location and I wouldn't recommend anyone stop. Try Denny's in Fresno on Jensen/99 instead.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Caldwell Idaho
“Denny's is always a place to go to get a good meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

As everyone knows their menus are huge so it is hard to decide. I had the Talapia with the mango salsa, it was delicious. The waiter was so kind and very personal.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

If you own or manage Denny's, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.