We stayed at this hotel in June, 2007. We had a family suite-so one big room with two double beds, and then an additional side room with a double bed. The rooms were nice sized and clean. The staff was very friendly. Each night, the hotel lights fires at pits on the beach. If you're driving in from somewhere, I'd recommend bringing some marshmallows and sticks to make smores. We were able to find some marshmallows at a local store in Cambria (about 5 minutes away) and some hot dog sticks at a gas station. Many other people were making smores as well. This was a nice feature of the hotel.
The Internet wireless connection was a little touch and go, so that was a drawback. Also, no breakfast included. However, the location was great, right on the beach, and the rooms were nice. We'd definitely stay here again.
The main things to do in this area are:
1. Hearst Castle
2. The elephant seals (don't miss this..look it up on here for more info)
3. Nit Wit Ridge--a cute road side attraction. You can find more info on this online too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full-service hotel, the only oceanfront resort property in San Simeon, situated 3 miles south of Hearst Castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Cavalier Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Cavalier Oceanfront Hotel San Simeon
- Best Western San Simeon
- San Simeon Best Western