The Best Western Cavalier in San Simeon is a delightful property. Located on a bluff above the ocean, the beach is easily accessible. The room was spotless and large. The staff at the desk was welcoming and professional. There is a hot tub and heated pool and fitness room that are free for guests. We stayed one night in June. The nights were nippy, but the hotel has three large braziers along the lawn facing the beach. People can sit in chairs and chat and enjoy the view. It’s a friendly place. It’s only a couple miles from the Hearst Castle (not to be missed.) There’s an elephant seal rookery a couple of miles north on Route 1. Free and always open, again, worth a visit. There are actually elephant seals all along that area of the coast. You can pull over and walk over to the bluff and see them. I would highly recommend the Best Western Cavalier. The price was very reasonable and the staff was unusually helpful and nice.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Cavalier Oceanfront Hotel
- Best Western Plus Cavalier Oceanfront Hotel San Simeon
- Best Western San Simeon
- San Simeon Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Full-service hotel, the only oceanfront resort property in San Simeon, situated 3 miles south of Hearst Castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Best Western, Booking.com, Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Cavalier Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.