The lobby looks nice, and some rooms do have a view, but the following is a review for a room I got that faced the PCH (booked through Hotwire).
My key points:
- rooms are, but bathroom was very dark, dingy, and dated. Definitely needed a makeover.
- with the windows shut, it was still possible to hear cars outside. I woke up in the morning with sounds of cars joining the PCH from all the lodging next to The Morgan
- the hotel is split into two buildings. The pool is in the main building. It's about 2-3 minutes walk outside between the two. Not great in winter if using pool or for breakfast.
- the heating/cooling control didn't work in the room. I was too tired so just went to sleep, and woke up freezing cold
- breakfast was ok. Pastries were nice, the ice cold hard boiled egg not so much. Would have been nice to have a few slices of cheese or ham.
- night receptionist was not friendly at all and seemed like she was bothered checking guests in. The morning receptionist was very cheerful and friendly. So it's a specific staff issue here.
- there's a Mexican restaurant right next to the hotel, which is convenient
- free wifi was good and acceptably fast
Would I stay here again? Probably not - will give one of the others a try on that strip of San Simeon. Unless it was cheap, like $50 a night.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Dear London Insider,
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comprehensive review from your recent stay at The Morgan. I am sorry that your experience did not exceed your expectations. I am disappointed that our staff did not make you feel welcomed at check in. May I inquire what your date of arrival was? (firstname.lastname@example.org) I would like to make the necessary adjustments to our staff. I am very pleased that our morning staff greeted you with enthusiasm!
I apologize that the heating control was not in working order and I am sorry if you spent an uncomfortable and cold night. I wish we could have gotten that repaired for your during your stay so you could have been more comfortable.
Thank you for all your valuable feedback!
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.