The lobby looks nice, and some rooms do have a view, but the following is a review for a room I got that faced the PCH (booked through Hotwire).
My key points:
- rooms are, but bathroom was very dark, dingy, and dated. Definitely needed a makeover.
- with the windows shut, it was still possible to hear cars outside. I woke up in the morning with sounds of cars joining the PCH from all the lodging next to The Morgan
- the hotel is split into two buildings. The pool is in the main building. It's about 2-3 minutes walk outside between the two. Not great in winter if using pool or for breakfast.
- the heating/cooling control didn't work in the room. I was too tired so just went to sleep, and woke up freezing cold
- breakfast was ok. Pastries were nice, the ice cold hard boiled egg not so much. Would have been nice to have a few slices of cheese or ham.
- night receptionist was not friendly at all and seemed like she was bothered checking guests in. The morning receptionist was very cheerful and friendly. So it's a specific staff issue here.
- there's a Mexican restaurant right next to the hotel, which is convenient
- free wifi was good and acceptably fast
Would I stay here again? Probably not - will give one of the others a try on that strip of San Simeon. Unless it was cheap, like $50 a night.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your The Morgan at San Simeon - A Broughton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Morgan San Simeon
- Morgan Hotel San Simeon