“A nice place to stop after the Castle” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in San Simeon
Cuisines: American
San Jose
“A nice place to stop after the Castle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

This place has amazing food . We stopped here after we finished two tour at Hearst Castle. The place has outside and inside seating, we chose to sit outside because it was a nice day. I ordered the Big Sur Veggie Sandwich and my wife ordered the veggie burger. We sat outside and we received our food in about 10 minutes. My Veggie sandwich was outstanding it had 8 different vegetables on it along with a pickle and chips . So go hungry and be wild and order something you have not had you won't be disappointed.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Costa Mesa, California
“A great Lunch...in an unusual Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

On a return trip to Sebastian's I went for the half pound Hearst Ranch Cheeseburger as recommended by many previous Tripadvisor reviewers. Glad I did...it was amazing.

The meat was VERY good...Hearst Ranch beef, the best of the best. I like my hamburgers cooked Medium Rare and the patty was cooked to absolute perfection.. It came with all the usual condiments. I added a little Bleu Cheese and Grilled Onion...yum!!!

I don't know where Sebastian's get their hamburger buns, but this one was fresh, unusual and very good.

Calories..?? I don't want to know..!!

In any case, this little place does get busy. We arrived at five till eleven on a weekday. At eleven it was fairly full.

As many other reviewers have noticed, you can get two meals out of just about any sandwich or burger they serve so I'll have to rate the place relatively inexpensive for what you get.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego, California
“Delicious food and great view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stopped here for lunch after touring the Hearst Castle. Well worth the wait. Sandwiches were huge and very tasty. I had one of the best French dips I've ever had. We sat outside on picnic tables and enjoyed the view.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great old store for lunch.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is a great place to take a break while taking tours of the Hearst Castle. The sandwichs are unbelievable and one is enought to feed two people. Each sandwich is custon made so it takes a few minutes but well worth the wait. The Hearst Ranch beef is range fead and great eating.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“Best lunch/brunch stop after Hearst Castle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We went to a Hearst Castle tour early in the morning and by the time we were done around 12:00 p.m. we went to Sebastian's Gift Shop and Coffee Bar. The place is so highly rated and packed that we queued for about 1:00 hr. The popular hits seem to be the Hearst French Dip and the Burgers which were delicious due to the great quality of the Hearst beef. The total for two people came about to 20 dollars, but be sure you are hungry as the sizes are huge. You can easily share a dish and be happily satisfied.

Visited April 2013