“The Best Sandwich I have ever had!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in San Simeon
Cuisines: American
Manteca, California
“The Best Sandwich I have ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Wow some people told us about this place so we drove there and it was about 20 mins to 11.. They didn't open till 11, so we drove down the street to view the Sea Lions. WE came back at 11:10 and there was a line out the door. YIKES.. We should have just stood by the door and waited the first time LOL. Well we waited and got our sandwiches. IT is the best sandwich I have ever had. I had the Hot Beef with Ortega and Jalepenos. Wow what can I say. And the cold slaw was delicious. My husband had the Hot Pastrami and said the same thing.. BEST!! Next time we will share a sandwich. Every one is huge!!! WE brought our other halves home and had them for dinner.. Don't miss this. It is by the Pier in San Simeon, across from Hertz Castle.. UNFORGETTABLE.. We will stop whenever we are that way again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fresno, California, United States
“One of the biggest burgers in my life!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My girl and I got the 3/4 cowboy burger and had them cut in half. We didn't have the desire to have dinner until after 9pm, lol. The place was packed, but luckily we got a table right away. The Hearst Ranch wine tasting room is in the same room pretty much (as is the post office) so we each got a glass of wine (yes, wine and a burger...so there!). They even sell beer and other alcohol bottled in a fridge. The place is right across from the entrance to Hearst Castle. Just down the road from where you can go view the elephant seals, and the same place that "Commando" the Swartzenegger movie was filmed there on the beach (the villa that all the shooting scenes were). Again, not fancy, not cheap little snack, not frilly...big, tasty, and hearty, a damn good lunch place with good sandwiches and burgers, a wine tasting room (good wines) and a great area. If you are in the area and hungry, this is the place!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Glad I checked TripAdvisor for this recommendation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

This was a great tip from TripAdvisor! I'm glad we had lunch at Sebastian's--food was delicious, outdoor eating area was funky and comfortable. I'm really glad we arrived about 10 minutes before opening time, as the line became long quickly.
We left comfortably full and ready for the long trip up the Big Sur.

Paso Robles, California
“Great historic lunch stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

While staying in Cambria the motel manager suggested we go to Sebastion's for lunch. We're sure glad we did. It's nothing fancy. The menu is on a chalk board & you stand in line to place your order & then get a number. The two of us decided to split a sandwich since the ones we saw looked quite large. It was a good decision. Since Hearst Ranch is famous for their beef we ordered a roast beef sandwich. The roast beef was cooked just how I like it, medium rare. There is patio seating but also bar like seating at the front with a view of the ocean, which is where we sat. This place is completely self service - pick up your order & bus your plastic basket when done. When traveling Route One this place is definitely worth the stop.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
oregon
“Nothing fancy but great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Seriously, IF you can get an entire sandwich/burger down on your own, you will not need to eat for the rest of the day! The French dip, their signature sandwich, was the best I've had. My husband's double stack burger was 5 inches thick! No kidding! Patio seating was pleasant with cool breeze from the nearby ocean.

Visited March 2013