“Business Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 8 hotels in San Ramon
Kailua, Hawaii
“Business Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Arrived late on Monday evening and the Valet took care of the car. I self parked for the next 3 days. The resturaunt could have had a little more for dinner on their menu but I was hungry and the staff did prepare a good burger at the bar for me. One thing, when the bill came, I noticed I was charged for Valet parking for my entire stay which wasn't true, when i checked out, the front desk quickly removed the valet charges and remedied the bill.The hotel staff there was very helpful and friendly. Housekeeping was exceptional. I will likely return here if business needs deem necessary.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
sanramongm, General Manager at San Ramon Marriott, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback. Regret that you had to spend time correcting the parking charges. Will review the parking issue with respective areas to make certain that the process is being adhered to. Looking forward to the opportunity of serving you again.

180 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Stanford, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Alright, they charge for guest parking? Seriously, who does that? Worse than that, they charged us for 3 nights of parking when we only stayed for ONE NIGHT. Furthermore, they charged us a rate different than what we were guaranteed for our wedding party. We called the front desk to dispute the charge, and they couldn't even explain why we were charged that. Then they had the gall to tell me that I should call the credit card company to dispute the claim. Are you serious? Fix the problem you caused!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
sanramongm, General Manager at San Ramon Marriott, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
We take pride in the way we conduct business and welcome the opportunity to research and satisfy your claim.

Travelers are raving about these San Ramon hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I went for the Scottish Highland Games last weekend. The trip started off poorly, but the great customer service I received at the hotel and the genuine caring from the staff Vanessa Sean Brian and Lelani took my experience from barely bearable to redeemed and accomplished. Have not encountered a better staff in years.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
sanramongm, General Manager at San Ramon Marriott, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing the outstanding service provided by our associates. I will share your feedback with our team in a continuous effort to commend those who excel in guest service. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again.
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I got what I expected from Marriott a nice clean room with nicely appointed amenities and very good service. From start to finish everything was very nice , check-in to check out. unfortunately I was only there for one night and could not enjoy all the hotel had to offer. If ever I am back in the area I would definitely stay here! Keep it up! I will be back...see ya soon ...califaz

• Stayed August 2013
We appreciate the time you set aside to post such kind comments and are glad to have met your expectations with the commitment and quality for which Marriott is known.
Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed here for 8 nights for business. Very clean, nice location and friendly staff. However, I was surprised at the hours for services at this hotel. I arrived after a very long flight around 10:00pm local time. No room service after 10 and no bar food. What? Had to make a trip to target to get some grub. The bar also has last call at 11 which was really frustrating when connecting with some new work contacts.

So pleasant stay but stuff shuts down way too early.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
sanramongm, General Manager at San Ramon Marriott, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
We truly appreciate and thank you for your kind comments. Regret that our property does not have a demand for extended hours of service but we do provide freshly made sandwiches and salads at our gift shop for our late arrivals.
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Over the last 3 years I've probably stayed in this property 5 maybe 6 times. There is a Residence Inn just a few blocks away and also a Courtyard just on the other side of the interstate, but I normally stay here due to the location. It backs up to a business park and is right beside a shopping area you could walk to. The actuallly building is standard Marriott that you can find in 100's of locations. Rooms are good sized, they are clean, building is a little dated, but kept up rather well, and the folks at the front desk have always been pleasant and easy to work with. Its a little hard to find the first time as it is kind of tucked away behind the shopping center. One of the best parts of the hotel is the upkeep on the grounds. It is clear that they spend a lot of time on it, the flowers are always fresh looking and the trees are huge and provide lots of shade. Most Marriotts don't have outside property quite this nice.

If you have access to the concierge lounge, it is very nice and appointed well and the morning breakfast and evening snacks are always fresh and vary from day to day. Unlike some other Marriotts it is normally staffed appropriately and for the most part don't run out of things.

Is it perfect? No its not. There are some small things that could be done better. For example the parking is rather silly using a gated system where you have to swip your room key to get in and out and in this area it is also rather silly to charge for non-valet parking. If this bothers you go down the street to the Residence Inn or the Courtyard. Also considering you can walk over to the shopping area and find good coffee and reasonbly priced food, its not real smart to not compete. By that I mean offering complementary coffee to keep folks in the hotel and such. Food is rather steeply priced and its easy to find alternatives. With a few management tweaks this property could be elevated a bit.

Would I stay here again? Yes most probably. I do like the location and the property grounds a lot. If I need to watch the cost a little there are other options very close.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your valuable comments and suggestions. It is honest feedback from our guests that allows us to improve the level of service and condition of our facility. The San Ramon Marriott looks forward to the opportunity of serving you again.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I made a reservation by phone direct to the hotel in May as my daughter is playing in a soccer tournament today. After our first game, we went over to check in around 2:00 so my daughter could rest before her next game in the evening. We were told check in was not until 3:00, which was fine.

However we were also told that we would all (2 adults, 15 yr old and 10 year old) have to squeeze into a single king bed because our reservation for 2 doubles was not guaranteed.

First we had ever heard of this.

Worse, the room may not be available until 4:00. What happened to 3:00, you ask?

Apparently they granted late check out to a soccer team and the rooms would not be emptied or cleaned until near 4:00.

So, someone else got my room for an hour while we waited in lobby.

Add to that $12 for self parking and $12 for Internet access.

Marriott. Never, never again!

• Stayed August 2013
Our sincere apologies...We realize how important it is to block room types and regret that circumstances prevented us from providing you with a favorable experience.

Been to San Ramon Marriott? Share your experiences!