“Nice Facility - Conveniently Located” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in San Ramon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Elk Grove, California
“Nice Facility - Conveniently Located”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed here for a big soccer weekend - Mustang Tournament. This hotel is centrally located between the different soccer fields and it's conveniently located just off the freeway. This is a nice facility and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are quite comfortable and clean - also shockingly quiet considering the hotel was full of kids for the weekend. The facility overall is very clean and well maintained. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
sanramon1, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Ramon, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Hello:

Thank you so much for taking time out to post a review regarding the Courtyard by Marriott - San Ramon on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your commendations. I do agree, we are a great choice in the San Ramon area. We are conveniently located to restaurants, shopping, and many great things to do in the area.

I hope you had a winning weekend with your soccer team! We would love to see you again next year!

Courtyard by Marriott - San Ramon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Hickory, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Stayed here one night on a business trip - facility was in great shape; room was clean and comfortable. Staff members were helpful and friendly. I ate breakfast in the hotel - it was okay, but nothing to brag about. Service at breakfast could have been better. Would recommend staying here if you are in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hello:

Thank you so much for taking time out to write a response regarding the Courtyard by Marriott - San Ramon. We strive for excellence, and hearing that we were successful with our goal is great to hear. Thank you as well for choosing our hotel while you were in the San Ramon area. We hope to see you again soon!

Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

When traveling in North America, we try to avoid staying at medium-priced, big chain hotels because of their lack of service, mediocre food and beverage services, and oft times rude and surly staff. Fortunately, during our recent 3 night stay, we encountered none of these deficiencies. We were most pleasantly surprised by the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff, and also by the good quality of the buffet breakfast, although most of the breakfast cereals were generally of the high sugar variety.The hotel is located in a pleasant park-like setting adjacent to an up-market shopping plaza containing, amongst other establishments, a Whole Foods grocery market. The hotel is within a short driving distance of several restaurants offering a variety of cuisines. Overall, we would have given this hotel our highest rating except for two factors. Firstly, the $12/ night additional charge for car parking and, secondly, the exorbitant cost of $12.95/day for Wifi in ones
room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello:

Thank you so much for writing such a nice comment about our Marriott - San Ramon. I did want to point out to you that your response actually came to the Courtyard by Marriott - San Ramon property, however. I will be sure to forward your comments to our sister property for you.

Thank you again for choosing Marriott. We hope you visit the area again soon.

Courtyard by Marriott
Madera
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Oh my goodness wonderful beds and A/C wonderfully comfy and plush, my gusto. Anyway all white linens and wonderfully clean. Also pleasantly surprised to find a small fridge in room was not expecting this in a Courtyard. Free wireless. This was absolute bliss for me. Also conveniently close to San Ramon training center on Crows Canyon Rd. They have a great bistro with delicious food at the Starbucks in lobby. Their BLT was absolutely delicious with the side red quinoa salad was absolutely wonderful. Loved my Latte in the morning. The customer service was superb and courteous and friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
sanramon1, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Ramon, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Hello:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a response regarding the Courtyard by Marriott - San Ramon. We truly appreciate your kind words. Our staff prides themselves on serving our guests.

I am happy that you were so pleased with our product as well. We love our "face lift" and truly enjoy the guest's reactions to our new rooms and lobby.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you back here again soon!

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I have a lot of family that live in San Ramon, Danville and Walnut Creek. I've stayed in may hotels in the area when I went to visit including the Marriott that is just across the freeway. I actually prefer the Courtyard to the actual Marriott, the staff is alway courteous, it is clean and the rooms are HUGE. The best part is that you're next to everything, Freeway, Gas station, Safeway, etc. I usually Take a short walk across the pedestrian bridge on the freeway and head to Whole Foods for Breakfast or lunch. There is also a Target, Homegoods, Pete's coffee and YogurtLand in that same shopping. There are more shops and restaurants. It is very convenient and you can also drive if you don't prefer to walk. Since I live in So Cal, I always drive here and the fact that they have Free parking is a huge plus. I Don't remember if the big Marriott charged but I think they did and the lot wasn't as big.
All in All this is a great hotel and a great Value.

Room Tip: There are side entrances on either side of the hotel and are accessible to the parking lot. Ask for...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
sanramon1, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Ramon, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Hello:

Thank you so much for taking time out to write such a positive review about our Courtyard by Marriott - San Ramon. Our location is very convenient to many services and amenities. Our staff is very eager to make sure that every guest experience is a great one. I will be sure to share your comments with our team.

Thank you for staying with us. We truly do appreciate your business.

Diamond Bar, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This courtyard is located one exit south of another courtyard Marriott and a Hilton, or Hyatt, I can't remember which. The other location off of Crow Canyon is more convenient in that there is a greater variety of shopping and restaurants. The hotel itself is fine and to Marriott's usual standards. My only complaint is I found the pool to be overly chlorinated compared to the other Courtyard in San Jose I stayed at this trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello:

Thank you so much for taking time out to write a review regarding the Courtyard by Marriott - San Ramon. I wanted to assure you that we do test our pool chemicals daily. They are automatically dispensed by one of the largest companies serving hotels nationwide - EcoLab. We then check the chemicals and balance them if necessary. I will be sure to share your comments with our Engineering Dept. , however, to ensure we take a second look.

Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to share your comments.

Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The hotel is great which is why it's getting a notch above the lowest rating, but one of the nights we were staying there was a serious breach in security. At around 2am someone managed to open our door using a key card that was issued by the front desk. Luckily the chain on the door was in place so the guy could only open the door a smidge, but somehow this guy whose room was apparently 2 doors down was issued a key card for our room, either by mistake or otherwise. The problem was compounded as the guy was clearly drunk and aggressive. I am just shocked that such a thing can happen, and now I will definitely make sure every night to latch the chain at each hotel I stay at.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hello:

I completely understand that you were disturbed by an attempted entry into your room while staying at our hotel. I do want to inform you, however, that our key system is very secure. The only way we can make a key for a guest is inside their own reservation. If we make additional keys, we verify identification and match the identification to the reservation.

I do appreciate you taking time out to write a review. I will share your comments with our team to ensure that all procedures are reviewed.

I hope you allow us another opportunity to host you as one of our guests. I am sure you will have a pleasant experience. Please contact me directly for any reservation needs.

Courtyard by Marriott - San Ramon

Been to Courtyard by Marriott San Ramon? Share your experiences!