“We had a great stay! Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in San Ramon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sunnyvale, California
“We had a great stay! Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

We met our friends there and had a great time. The staff was friendly and the rooms were very clean. The breakfast was really very good and the lobby was very clean. We would definatly go back!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

This was the worse Marriott experience I've had in 20 years. I put my in-laws up at the Courtyard San Ramon for a family event (we live in the area) but everything was a challenge. The reservation was made using my Marriott Reward points, and I agreed to pay for one additional night's stay. I made a special trip to run my card, but when my in-laws checked in the Courtyard still asked them for the one night's room rate. Then they put them in a handicap room (not required) and provided awful service. A maid knocked on their door at 7:30am even though there was a 'do not disturb' sign hanging outside. The breakfast was so bad, that they left the food and went to out for bagels. Then at check out the hotel charged them the one night rate, even though they had my credit card info. The Courtyard said they would correct it, but the charge still ended up on their bill. When I called to correct it and asked why their service was so bad the Courtyard said it was a 'very busy weekend' when my in-laws were in town. Then they made me come back to the hotel so they could run my card AGAIN in order to credit my in-laws – this was ridiculous. A stay that should have been so easy to manage became a major disappointment.

Room Tip: Stay at the Sierra Suites - one mile away.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

Just returned from a one night stay. The hotel was super convenient and the price was good with a AARP discount (better than AAA.) However, there were several details which warranted comment. The amenities such as a coffee bar in the lobby was nice, except the staff didn't restock it as needed. Same goes with the emptying of the trash bins nearby. I needed to make a call to another room for which I didn't have the number. I called the "O" and was never put through. Lastly, I received two major spider bites on my arm sometime in the middle of the night... Also, the toilet didn't flush and my sister's room on a different floor backed up completely. The place was super busy and seemed understaffed... not enough people at the ready to deal with these details... lastly, and no fault of the hotel, a guest committed suicide today at the hotel... sad. If they can get a handle on keeping the amenities and facilities stocked on a timely basis... it is a super convenient location.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Redondo Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

I visited The San Francisco Bay Area to meet a new friend. We decided to hang at this property, which is close to Hayward where my bro is from. I checked in late Friday night and the front desk person 'Carol' was not so accommodating with my request for a higher floor room and having extra towels. That's okay, but she wasn't as friendly either. The room didn't have a small refrigerator as other Courtyards and the next day (Sat afternoon) the FD and HK didn't honor my repeated requests for a small fridge. Loved the location, off the 680 as the sound-proof did it's job, as Room 214 was right on the freeway side. Enjoyed the room, but the service was sub-par. Jacuzzi was great. Hey, loved the $55 rate, but I hope the service can be a bit better next time. Thanks - Joe G 'The Bear'

Room Tip: Be Demanding and Don't Take No For An Answer.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

This hotel had friendly check-in service and all the employees were smiling. There are no snack vending machines because there's a little store called "The Market" in the lobby with overpriced snacks. The continental breakfast is NOT free - the cheapest thing on the menu was $8 french toast.

Though the hotel is esthetically pleasing, the walls were so thin, I could hear the conversation of the people in the room next to me. Though this isn't the hotel's fault, we happened to be staying on the same floor with a high school lacrosse team who played in the hallways throughout the night, slamming doors and yelling down the halls. All this to say, you can hear everything in the halls, even after we placed a towel at the base of the door. It would be fine if you are coming just for a vacation, but we were miserable waking up early every morning.

The pillows were the best thing about the hotel! The bed is pretty firm. After our room was cleaned, the maid forgot to take out our trashcan liners.

If you're going for vacation, it would be fine. If you're going for business and really need your sleep to catch an early flight, stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Get a room facing San Ramon Valley Blvd
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Honolulu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

Been visiting this particular Marriott Courtyard for 20+ years and never a complaint.

The room has the typical Marriott Courtyard decor with blue carpet, desk, free wifi in the room. One of the few Courtyard with a mini-fridge in the room.

Was there for a short stay over night. The note in the room stated the renovation was beginning the week of Feb 14, 2011. The lobby is closed and the check in was on the south side of the hotel. Front portion of the hotel was marked off. Signs pointing to the restaurant (unable to check as we left early in the morning). Computers for printing boarding passes and small retail snack store relocated to the temporary front desk area. Free parking.

Hotel is located on Hopyard which is right off of the freeway. Restaurants within walking distance and nearby mall.

Overall this Courtyard met my needs and look forward to renovation planned. Please check with hotel staff before booking as the renovation did not begin when we stayed.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
San Ramon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

Stayed from Jul 12-16 during Semicon West. Room is very clean with a nice fresh fragrance. The hotel has not 1 but 2 spacious well-maintained elevators. Hot shower came on almost immediately. My room faced the front of the hotel so I did not have the noise problem from the freeway which other travelers complained about. Hotel staff are very friendly. Free internet, use of printer, coffee and water a big plus. Only thing the staff had a little problem with safe deposit box at the front desk.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott San Ramon? Share your experiences!