“There are better Residence Inns nearby.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in San Ramon
Los Angeles
“There are better Residence Inns nearby.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Compared to other Residence Inns I have stayed in this one needs a face lift. You know what to expect from a Residence Inn but the San Ramon location falls short. Yes the rooms are spacious and clean, the complimentary breakfast is fine, but the mattress in my room was way too soft. Television offers fewer channels, there was no TV channel menu, no night light in the bath. The tiny shelf in the shower was too small to hold soap and shampoo and slanted down so it wouldn't hold either. The sliding closet doors didn't slide. The fitness room is a joke. Claustrophobic with antiquated aerobic machines; one each..a stair climber, treadmill and exercycle. No weights, no towels. The wireless internet is slow but offers an "upgrade" for additional cost. Other Residence Inns I stay at don't try to upsell the internet connection. There was no elevator to the second floor. Parking spots are narrow. On the plus side it is quiet if you are away from the major boulevard and there is a major shopping plaza across the street with many restaurants, grocery store, nail spa, Starbucks, etc.

• Stayed September 2013
Jeff S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Ramon, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback on your September stay with us. I appreciate being able to share this with my staff so that we can look for ways to improve upon our property and make it even better in the future...like the brand new exercise equipment that has been put into our fitness room to keep up with changing workout trends. Or the extra bandwidth base that we have recently added to our internet to enhance the download and streaming speeds for our guests. I hope that you will give us another try in the future and make use of the improvements that we have made for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My last time in this part of California, I stayed at the Residence Inn, Pleasant Hill, CA. At that Residence I was put in a room directly off of the highway and it was a somewhat unpleasant experience. I had not stayed at the San Ramon Residence for quiet some time, but this time it was a very pleasant and comfortable experience.

The rooms have been updated with flat screen monitors, kitchens, as usual, are top notch with all the amenities you need for a comfortable stay without having to rush out to the super market.

Biggest surprised of all was the Internet. I had such a terrible experience at the other Residence, where I could not surf or do anything once logged in, that I asked the clerk about their internet when I got to the desk. He assured me that it was excellent and that he uses it for all his devices while at work.

He was right, got to the room and first thing I did was check and it was Fast, Simple and Totally Functional. The nice thing is that you get a screen that has two choices, one to surf for free and another really nice choice to get faster speed for $4.95. From my experience, the free service was more than adequate. I was able to connect to my corporate network via VPN with no problem and check my mail and other functions.

Excellent experience

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Jeff S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Ramon, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your recent experience here at the Residence Inn! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your experience with us. You mentioned our internet service. We did recently upgrade our internet service to be much faster and easier to use and by your response, it looks like it is working just great. I'm pleased to hear this. In fact, I believe that the Pleasant Hill Residence Inn has also enjoyed a similar upgrade to their system at the same time that we did, so any future stays at either property should result in a positive internet experience.

Thanks again for sharing and thank you so much for staying with us! We look forward to serving you again soon!
Bainbridge Island, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My two children and I stayed in the San Ramon Residence Inn for 75 days as part of a relocation from San Ramon to out-of-state. For such a long stay, the 2 bedroom suite was comfortable and usable for 3 people. We were able to cook our meals in the full kitchen, and there two bedrooms with doors, two full bathrooms, and 3 televisions in the suite, so everyone can disperse and have some privacy. We ate breakfast in the breakfast bar almost every day and never got completely tired of the food. There is some variety--make your own waffles, toast, muffins, bagels, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, scrambled eggs, sausage, and a rotating menu of other hot foods. The breakfast staff was cheerful and efficient. The front desk staff was always available, although we didn't need them for much during out stay. We found it difficult to receive mail at the hotel, so I would not recommend having your mail forwarded or addressed to there. The hotel has a nice swimming pool, although the hot tub was out of commission during our entire stay. Both the pool and the hot tub are in need of refinishing and updating. Likewise, the furnishings are somewhat worn, though serviceable. The beds were reasonably comfortable, and the housekeeping staff did a good job of keeping our room well-stocked, even though we only used them about every third day. We were warned in advance to ask for a room facing away from Bollinger Ave, which is a very busy street. Our room faced into the parking lot near the pool. We never once had a problem with noise, however the room was always dark.. All-in-all, it was a pleasant stay and I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the San Ramon area for either a short or extended stay.

Room Tip: Avoid facing Bollinger Ave, the gas station, and Market Pl. If you don't like stairs, ask for a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jeff S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Ramon, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts of your recent relocation experience at the Residence Inn. I'm happy that you and your children enjoyed a pleasant stay with us and I hope that you found the RI your "Home Away From Home!" You had mentioned the pool and hot tub needing updating. I'm pleased to announce that we will soon have an updated pool/spa experience as we are replacing the pool fence, resurfacing the pool deck and resurfacing our hot tub as well. If you find yourself back at the RI in the future, you will be able to enjoy a refreshed experience. Thank you so much for staying with us on your recent relocation and I hope that you are enjoying your new home out-of-state!
Oak Forest, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

On vacation with other ladies, we had two, two-bedroom suites (422 and 622). Our rooms were on the second floor and since we had heavy luggage we had hoped for an elevator but we managed to get our luggage up there. My bedroom backed up to the highway and I didn't even realize it until the next day, it was very quiet in my bedroom, I didn't hear the television from the other bedroom either.

There was a power outage late one evening and one of the ladies in our group went to the front desk to inquire about it and they gave her a flashlight to use until the power came back on, that was quite helpful.

Negatives: one of the bedrooms in our suite was missing the smoke alarm. Also, our room was located at the end of our building and I felt it was a bit dark by our stairwell at night and the stairwell is on the side of the building, not visible from the parking lot. However, when the power was out, the emergency lights lit up the stairwell adequately.

Complimentary breakfast was good and included scrambled eggs and sausage in addition to the usual breakfast selection. As a Pepsi drinker, I was very happy to see Pepsi products at the self-serve fountain (available 24/7). The breakfast worker kept the area spotless and food items filled.

The location was great, within walking distance of Starbucks and a great casual restaurant/bar and food market.

I definitely recommend this Residence Inn and if I am ever in the area I will stay here.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor in an end unit, it was very quiet but keep in mind there is no elevator.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay here at the Residence Inn! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your vacation in San Ramon (aside from the evening power outage!!) and were able to take advantage of some of the great amenities at and around our hotel (Starbucks and our complimentary breakfast!). Thanks also for your feedback in regards to the building lighting at night. I will make sure that we look into ways that we can brighten up the darker areas of the hotel like where you were located.

Thanks again and thanks for staying with us! We look forward to having you back again in the future!
Davis, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I regularly stay in this hotel while working in San Ramon. The rooms are quite spacious -- more like a studio apartment than a hotel room. Note, however, that there is NOT a separate bedroom so perhaps not ideal for those traveling with kids. The seating area has a small desk+chair, lounge chair and ottoman style sofa with TV/entertainment unit. There is a small kitchenette with full size fridge, range, sink, microwave (no oven). I have always found these rooms to be very quiet and comfortable.

The breakfast is solid and what you would expect from a Residence Inn (waffles, bagels, yogurt, etc. in a comfortable seating area). There is a small outdoor pool, though I've never used it. I stay hear for the peace and quiet after a long day at work!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jeff S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Ramon, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Brad,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoy our property and that it's both quiet and comfortable for you after a long day at work. Most of all, thanks so much for your continued loyalty when in San Ramon. We really appreciate your business!!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Not sure how many of me they though there were. A two bedroom apartment for one guest is a bit of overkill. Bed was very comfortable. Room showed other signs of wear and abuse. Like a smoke detector that was supposed to be wall-mounted, but was dangling from a wire. Or an electrical outlet face plate duct-taped in place.

Very convenient to my meetings. Breakfast was not up to Marriott standards.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thanks so much for giving your feedback of your stay with us in February. I appreciate your taking the time to let us know what you think. It sounds as though you stayed in our Two-Bedroom suite as our standard Studio Suites may have been fully occupied during the time you were here. If you would e-mail directly at "jeff.sugimura@marriott.com" and let me know specifically what you felt our breakfast lacked or did not meet Marriott standards as well as where you stayed so that I can ensure that the smoke detector and electrical outlet issues have indeed been resolved by our maintenance team.
Thanks again for your candid feedback. It is specific responses like this that help us improve our hotel and service for future guests!!
Pasig, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayd here a couple times last year on business. The place is well maintained, clean and with friendly and accommodating staff. There wasn't much to see in this area but they made sure I was able to see nearby places and recommended places to go on weekends.

I especially want to mention Sheila, the breakfast buffet cook, Yoshi, one of the front desk staff, Jose one of the drivers. They made my stay very memorable. They are all so helpful and made me feel right at work. It was my home away from home.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Thanks so much for your kind words about your hotel. We're so appreciative of your continued loyalty each time you visit San Ramon. I have shared your review with Sheila, Yoshi and Jose and thank you for recognizing our great staff!! It makes our day to know that we made a difference in your stay here at your home away from home!!!! We look forward to seeing you when you are next in San Ramon!!

Been to Residence Inn San Ramon? Share your experiences!