“Pleasant Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in San Ramon
Kirkland, Washington
“Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Pros:
Great center location. Friendly and efficient receptionist, and staff. Free wired internet. On site free parking. Great hot breakfast. Specious room with modern kitchen design and every thing you'll need if you decide to cook including:microwave,ceramic cook top,fridge, and dishwasher.Flat screen T.V. King size bed (very comfortable).

Cons:
Front door to the main building where the reception, and dinning room located had no automatic doors so if you try to enter with your language it can be a challenge.I think it's better to leave it in your car until you'll find out in which building you're going to stay.
The hotel has several buildings of two stories each so if you are on the second floor be aware there is no elevator.
Towels are bot the best quality and smelled funny.

Room Tip: There is no elevator to the second floor.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Paradise, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

My husband has to be in San Ramon for business repeatedly, and we have stayed at this Residence in for a week at a time, repeatedly. Today, the experience I had was like nothing I have ever encountered in a hotel before. I was working in the room (I work also while we are traveling) when I heard men's voices outside and then banging on the door. I opened the door slightly, and three men demanded entrance into my room. I told them they couldn't come in, but they demanded that I give them a time when they could come back. There was no warning whatsoever from staff that anyone would be coming to my door. In the past, I have felt safe here, but this incident has left me very shaken. I called the front desk and they, too, insisted that I needed to let these men in my room. I had to contact my husband at work to come to the hotel to deal with this. Once he spoke to the manager, he was very apologetic and assured my husband that they did not need to enter our room and we would not be bothered again. Too bad they wouldn't listen to me. I guess I would have to say, if you are a woman, you don't want to stay here alone.

Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Pleasant Hill, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

If you are a heavy partier, this is the place for you. Here for short stay contract work, the housekeeping staff is incredibly lazy for the price you pay here. "Weddings" are held at the local Country Club on weekends and attendees stay here, party here late into the early am hrs-3:30am and don't care about other residents' schedules at all. I had high expectations for the price I paid, alas Management does not reserve an appropriate building for the partiers hence, they are scattered throughout the property, laugh loudly, drink in the parking lot and do this from 12am-? I got no sleep on weekends and people who are above you should you have a room on the ground floor, walk extremely hard. No work got done and I left early...did not stay the full 30 days.

Room Tip: Do not get any ground floor rooms. Upstairs suites are far better if you plan to sleep at all. I fin...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

This was my second stay at this property in the last couple of months. The good: awesome location, pretty area and lots of small restaurants one can walk to, a walking trail behind hotel, Whole Foods market, close to freeway and other local amenities. Rooms are refurbished pretty well with decent beds and modern furniture and decorations- this is an old 80s property judging from the ceilings and building exterior- and having a kitchen is practical especially for long stays. Breakfast is pretty good and enough variety with fresh fruit and oatmeal, plus hot choices and decent coffee. The bad: it's getting a little run down again and worn around the edges. Room smelled musty. Male front desk clerk at afternoon check in was sour acting and not accommodating. The woman desk clerk who worked opposite hours from him though was nice. I have mixed feelings about staying here again; hotel choices in the East Bay area are not good overall and many of the so-called 4 star hotels in San Ramon-Pleasanton-Dublin area pretty old and not upgraded enough to 2011 standards.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite for one week. my son attended soccer camp in Danville and this was the place we selected from tripadvisor. it was spot on for our needs. Room is spacious and adequate. pool is small but ok and paddle court is small but across the street is central park which has 4 courts. Whole Foods is a few minutes away so we stocked up on drinks and snacks there. A decent restrauant is across the street we forgot the name and kids eat free on Sunday. Also on Sunday is a free concert in central park where locals bring drinks and lawn cheers and chill out; that was nice. The Japanese manager was very helpful and got us whatever we needed and helped guide us to whereever we wanted to go. The hotel provides some nice services like happy hour and free bbq during certain nights of the week. A decent continental breakfast every morning is provided. We enjoyed all of them.

only complaint is parking; parking spaces are very narrow and every night you literally have to squeeze in and out of your car. on a few nights there were no available spaces so the hotel staff told me to park in the handicap space which i didnt care for. finally, someone keyed my brand new car probably because i was parked too close to them but it was unavoidable.

something weird was hotel staff seem to join the morning breakfast and bbq; i feel guests should dine separately from staff; its just not professional.

overall satisfied with our stay and quite reasonable for what you get.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Put our son and his wife up here and they did not have another room available. Delightful rooms, clean, spacious, well kept, beautiful kitchen...was wonderful. Wish they had another room and we would have stayed here as well. Front Desk clerk was very accommodating and helpful. Would come back to this establishment again. Thank you for great service and a great facility.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011 via mobile

Four of us stayed one night in a 1 bedroom studio after a late wedding reception. We found it to be an excellent value given the hotel rooms obvious remodel and quiet/convenient location. Out other option was the Marriott in San Ramon, which was more expensive and offered less ammenities. The room was spotless and well appointed including stainless appliances and granite countertops. The king bed was very comfortable, however the sofa bed unfortunately was one of the worst I have ever come across. Let's be honest here, no one expects much at all from a sofa bed, but im sure Marriott could do a little better than springs and fabric. It worked for one night, but that's it. Breakfast was good quality, but as to be expected on a Sunday morning, it was PACKED. We likely won't be returning to the area anytime soon, but if we do, we'd have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Residence Inn San Ramon? Share your experiences!