“Great service, nice meal” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 138 Restaurants in San Ramon
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Grants Pass, Oregon
“Great service, nice meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Wish I had tried this restaurant before we moved out if the area! My husband and I happened to be back in the Bay Area and were searching for somewhere to have enjoy a nice steak dinner. This place fit the bill! The place has an classic, old school feel and the wait staff is very attentive. The menu selections were very straight forward, nothing too fancy. Our filets were tender and delicious. The molten chocolate cake we got for dessert was good too. We look forward to returning in the future.

Visited June 2014

Boston, Mass
“Brass Door not what I expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

The meal was okay but the place is very dated. I had Filet Mignon and was expecting a huge portion but it was more like a high end restaurant portion. The waitress was great.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Ramon, California
“Solid and depndable good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Brass Door has been in business at this location for over 50 years. Do not expect that you will find some kind of upscale fusion menu with lots of fluff and no substance. What is here is just plain good food, good steaks, superior prime rib, and good service, all at a reasonable price.
The prime rib is amongst the best I have ever eaten. From time to time they have their prime rib sandwich as a special at a reduced price. It includes a huge piece of prime rib with garlic toast and a side for around $15.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Livermore, California
“GREAT PLACE FOR LUNCH”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

The meals are absolutely top notch here. I have tried to sample many things on the menu over the years and have nothing but good things to say about the Brass Door. I have brought my son and his friends here when the are in town. They love the food as do I. I have recommended it to many people in the valley that now eat here regularly. The waitresses work hard to give great service on all days.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Ramon, California, United States
“A great place for a good meal, perfect for the whole family.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I can't believe I have lived in San Ramon for over 25 years and have just discovered this place. I loved the salmon sandwich. The portions are generous. We ate at the bar and Petrice was great. We already made plans to return.

• Visited February 2014