“Really pleasant; highly recommend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house San Ramon

Save Saved
You added HYATT house San Ramon to your Saves list
HYATT house San Ramon
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2323 San Ramon Valley Boulevard, San Ramon, CA 94583 (Formerly Hotel Sierra San Ramon)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #1 of 8 hotels in San Ramon
Redmond, Washington
“Really pleasant; highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This hotel was selected by my company's relocation department. It was my first-ever stay at the "Hyatt House" brand and I had a favorable impression. This was a somewhat unusual hotel stay in that it was in our own city of residence (in conjunction with moving out of our house). As a result of this very good experience, I will put Hyatt House on the radar for future travel.

* Clean and quiet
* The free breakfast and dinner (Mon-Thu) was nice; complimentary wine is a nice touch for its predominant clientele of stressed-out business travelers
* In and Out Burger across the street
* Pretty good fitness center with top-tier equipment
* Comfortable bed and bedding
* In-room refrigerator, stove, and cooking utensils; we made a couple of our own meals and snacks.

The only downsides are as follows:
* Parking is
a little tight; upon check-in they give you a parking pass which seems kind of silly for a suburban location and it is annoying to make a trip back to the car to display the parking pass.
* As is common at low-rise suburban hotels, there is just one very slow elevator . . . with stairs available only at the far ends of the building.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Brentwood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt House for a month. Pam, the manager, and her staff are outstanding. They give you good service and are helpful. And what a deal. Hot breakfast every day and hot food at the "social" 4 days a week; free Internet and a Business Center. You also have a kitchen in your room.

Room Tip: If staying for a long time take a one bedroom.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Mansfield, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The rooms are not quiet. I can hear people showering and walking in the rooms. I think someone is smoking and it is coming through the vents. The plus to this s the breakfast buffet actually serves meats and eggs. The evening social is ok but if you miss it the staff won't save you anything. I'm working 10 hour days and often miss the buffet so I asked if someone could put something to the side fr me and I was told no. I also asked if I could utilize the shuttle to get to work. I was told yes when booking but upon requesting the service was told you have to schedule it and they only go on the hour and half hour. Knowing that ahead of time I would've rented a car or stayed somewhere else. Some of the staff is helpful while most make you feel like you're imposing on them. My room dishwasher was running when I checked in yet there were no dishes being washed. The room lights flicker. I was comparing hotels to see where I'm going to spend the next 7 weeks but I don't think it will be this one.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Corcoran, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Cleanliness is number one for me and it was clean. We were also looking for a good price and we got one. We always look for a place that serves a complimentary breakfast on the property. We are early risers so we had no problem with the seating but you could see a long line later that morning. The area is way too small considering the amount of rooms. The business center had plenty of computers. The exercise room was well-equipped. The pool area is large. Some wear and tear was evident but again, clean. The room itself was compact. Perfect for two people but would have seemed cramped with any more. The sofa was not comfortable at all for viewing of the tv that turns to work as the "bedroom" tv. If my husband and I were in this area again, we would stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

We had some concerns about the bad reviews but the location was right so we gave  it a shot.  Nothing to worry about here.  Zero tolerance for wild parties.  Guests must sign a contract prohibiting more than 4 guests to a room.

The housekeeping is very good.  The grounds are maintained well.  The staff were attentive.  The property was always quiet and the hotel sold out every night we were there.

The complementary breakfast bar met expectations although there was an issue with poor sanitary practices I brought to the employee's attention as well as the front desk.  Basically, I observed the hostess busing tables and handling dirty dishes then restocking the breakfast with clean dishes without changing gloves.  The front desk person appeared sincere in her intent on correcting the issue so I had no further concerns in this regard.  Gloves in food

The studios are a little on the small side, so if you are not traveling solo I recommend upgrading to the one bedroom.

This hotel met expectations in every way.  I'm not sure what all of the fuss is about.  We plan to stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed August 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I like to think that most of my reviews are fair and honest, not based on one single event but the overall stay. During my recent 5-night stay at Hyatt House in San Ramon, CA, I actually cannot come up with anything that displeased or disappointed me during my stay. Now granted, it's not a luxury property with incredible amenities and 5-star dining. It is what it is...a very nice and seemingly well run traveller and extended stay business hotel. The staff I encountered during my 5 nights were all very pleasant and helpful. The breakfast and evening reception all had lots of options and changed daily. There is even a small shop to buy groceries, wine, soda, etc. - all at reasonable prices.

I had a one bedroom suite. The very spacious room appeared to be newly renovated. It was very clean and well taken care of. There was a large kitchen space and work area, along with plenty of seating and a large screen TV in the living area. The bedroom had another TV - but I never turned it on as the bed was very large and comfortable and very good for sleeping. I do agree - the pillows are not the best - but there are lots of them and I don't think I lost any sleep because of them. The bathroom was fine - seperate room with the tub/shower and toilet. The sink vanity and large closet were right outside (I do have to admit not being a fan of carpet near the sink or where people grrom themselves.)

I didn't use the gym, pool or BBQ area but saw several people using them. Everything seemed to be well cared for by an abundant maintenance staff.

I used to live in the area so haven't stayed at any other hotels nearby...but I would definately stay at Hyatt House again on the next visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

We had reservations for 4 nights and left after only one. We went to the Marriott and had a much better experience. The room was tiny with a very strang metal contraption on the bathroom door. Typed out instructions were taped on the door explaining how to get out of the restroom. Why not a doorknob? The breakfast was so disgusting with zero healthy options. Powder eggs...mushy melon...orange greasy potatoes. No parking available...we had to sit in the lot and wait for someone to leave. The couch was sticky. When we checked out 3 days early...noone even asked why. They did waive our cancellation fee since apparently there was a waiting list for rooms. I still can't figure out why. We visit San Ramin 3 to 4 times a year. The Marriott and Embassy Suites in walnut creek are so much better. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to HYATT house San Ramon? Share your experiences!