“No problems-Great place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - East

You added Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - East to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - East
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in San Ramon
Claremont, California
“No problems-Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice, 3 days each time, while visiting family in the area. Both times the room was clean on arrival. The rooms had been recently renovated & the bed, furniture, etc were in good shape. The bed was comfortable. The kitchen allowed me to eat healthier food than I would have had by eating in restaurants. The free wifi was fast enough for my purposes. I plan to stay here again next month.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Corona, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This hotel really was renovated. I was actually pleased for a change. No funky smells either. Bed was very comfortable. Area is nice around the hotel with Costco, starbucks, marshalls, BK and a lucky grocery store next door. You can get this hotel for $54.00 a night through priceline if you go for there hotel not named at 40% (not the name your price deal. You will get this hotel if you minimally request a hotel with a pool and allows pets at 2 stars in this area. It is the only one that fits those minimum requirements. It is way worth $54.00 a night, and that was a FRIDAY AND SATURDAY night!!!!

Room Tip: ask for non-smoking on first or second floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - East, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and were able to sleep comfortably!

Once again, thank you for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I have stayed at this property before and was very disappointed. The room smelled like moth balls, although checkin is in the afternoon my room was not ready until 5:45 PM, the bathroom had hair from the last guest in it, the microwave was caked with food, the carpet obviously had not been cleaned from the last guest, the towels are so used they are thin and flimsy, no kleenex, no housekeeping unless you stay for eight days, which means everytime you need something you have to ask the front desk for it and then "wait". And on and on. Grab and Go Breakfast is a packaged small muffin, an apple and a granola bar with coffee. So, if you are looking for something more it is not there. Only a couch for two and two chairs in the lobby so if you are waiting for guests and the property is full you will be standing. The hotel allows dogs so be prepared for noise and dog poop outside the doors since they don't have any way for the dog owners to clean the dog's mess up.
VERY disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The housekeeping issues you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will be actively retraining the staff to make sure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at SRA@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Gig Harbor, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Our worst ever experience with this hotel and brand! OUR WORST pet travel experience EVER!

We booked in advance for 4 nights in July in a pet friendly room to attend a family reunion. We have stayed at this hotel before, with our dog, and without incident, (always on one of the upper floors). So we had good expectations for a comfortable, clean room close to where we needed to be. The facilities offered in these rooms (fridge, microwave, cooktop, dishes) is a real plus for us!

Check in when smoothly and we settled in. Right away we noticed that the sash springs on one of the windows was broken - the window would neither stay open nor completely close/lock. I finally got the window locked and we opted for AC over fresh air.

The next morning we noticed the shower barely drained. Lifting the stopper showed the drain nearly plugged with hair and gunk. I cleared much of - UUCCKK! - so we could shower, and left the drain plug out for house keeping to see. These things happen sometimes if you travel very often - OK. NO BIG DEAL. Report them to the desk or on check-out and be done.

BUT BY FAR THE WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE WE HAVE EVER HAD SHOWED UP THE SECOND MORNING. I started to brush dog, (our constant traveling companion for the last 9+ years - coast to coast, north to south, east, west and in Canada) Only to discover FLEAS, not one but lots of fleas. I caught one and inspected with a hand lens to be sure - checking pictures online. Because we travel far and often, our dog is on a year round Flea/Tick (FrontlinePlus) and heart worm regimen. We have NEVER before been infected by FLEAS in a hotel or at home.

Most hotels, this one included, charge a per night/per stay PET FEE, which is justified by the added expense of cleaning pet rooms - including ensuring they are infestation free. We routinely and willingly pay these fees and expect clean facilities in return - Not at the Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - East. We immediately check-out and ended up shortening our family reunion visit by a day.

We were able to get a competent Flea Bath at a local pet store (open in Saturday) and to get a dose of Capstar (an oral flea toxin) from a local Veterinarian who happened to be OPEN on Saturday as well.

We stayed 3 nights in 2 other hotels on this trip 1 before and 2 after. The first and last night of the trip we at a hotel in-route to/from CA. We had the same room both nights - one coming/one going home. NO FLEAS after either night nor after the night spent in another hotel after checking out of ESA San Ramon. This pretty much eliminates the other hotels we stayed in as the source of the fleas.

We received what reads like a generic apology letter from ESA SR management, which did not address the flea issue directly at all - see below: "Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously make changes to our brand to improve our guest’s experience.

I am concerned about the housekeeping service issues you mention. I apologize our housekeeping services did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to ensure you are provided with a clean, comfortable room while you are our guest. Please be assured that cleanliness is of the utmost concern to us and feedback such as yours is taken very seriously. We will coach our team to provide better service and a clean room in the future."

Dealing with the fleas while traveling and the efforts required to minimize the risk of bringing them home in our car/luggage/clothing effectively ruined the reminder of our trip

WE WILL NOT RISK STAYING HERE AGAIN! Too Bad too - this hotel has be great in the past - guess we were just LUCKY on those trips.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
San Ramon, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I needed a little getaway! Myself and my kids stayed here and we ALL loved it. The kitchen area w/ microwave and full size refrigerator was a BONUS. I was able to cook my kids full course meals. I will deffinatley be coming back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - East, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am so excited to know that the kitchen in your room made your experience more enjoyable for your stay! Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Santa Clara, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was my first (and last) experience staying with this franchise. Upon my arrival to my room, I found the toilet had not been cleaned (toiletbowl full of stale urine) & 1/2 of plug-in lights & clock were left unplugged. Since it was late & I was exhausted, all I wanted to do was sleep but I made a "mental note" for the morning not to use any of the dishware without washing it first myself. Because I need "white noise" to sleep, I turned the TV on low & fell asleep a short time later. Unfortunately, the TV would turn off every 2 hours (no sleep timer set) & I would wake up immediately. When I checked out in the AM, the clerk behind the counter never asked me how my stay was. I commented to her as I was walking away that my toilet had stale urine in the bowl when I arrived in my room & that someone needs to relook at their housekeeping procedures. Her response - "Sorry". Definitely will NEVER stay at another Extended Stay America again!!!

Room Tip: The entire 3rd floor smelled of stale smoke.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the lack of cleanliness in the bathroom area is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are actively working with housekeeping to ensure that this situation does not repeat. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at SRA@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel about 3 weeks during my vacation. The stay was comfortable, it was just like the home away from home!
I made myself at home and spent
relaxed time!! Thank you for all friendly staffs, I will definitely choose this hotel for my next visit!!

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - East, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Marie - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you chose to stay with us while you were on vacation, and would do so again in the future! We look forward to having you visit with us once more, so we can provide you with another comfortable stay.

Been to Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - East? Share your experiences!