“Property needs to be condemned” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West

You added Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   18000 San Ramon Valley Blvd, San Ramon, CA 94583 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in San Ramon
San Jose, California
“Property needs to be condemned”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Had a few dr. appointments in San Ramon and decided to stay the night, instead of facing horrible traffic. I have never stayed at an Extended Stay before, but everything else in the area was booked. I reserved a deluxe non-smoking suite. After a long day of appointments, I got to the hotel, went to my room and was faced with not only the odor of new cigarette smoke, but very old cigarette smoke as well. The walls were yellow, which tells me there has been smoking in this room for a long time. I also discovered ashes on the sink in the bathroom and mold not only in the shower, but around the toilet. If you're looking for something a little updated, this is not the place. Not only was I told that the internet was going to be down for 5-6 hours, but they use shower curtains for their closet doors. I highly recommend that you do not stay here due to hazardous health issues because of mold and second hand smoke. After complaining about this room, which was room #301, she showed me another room on the backside of the building. The cigarette smell wasn't as bad, but the mold smell was horrible, especially in the bathroom. It was actually nauseating. I asked Kayla, the clerk that showed me the room, if she would stay in either one of these rooms, and she replied "NO." I rest my case.

Room Tip: The building needs to be condemned.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

My hat's off to Manager Jacob for my 2 night stay at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West. I found my non-smoking, single, king-size bed room quite affordable, comforting, quite, and just what I needed while visiting San Ramon, CA for a spiritual retreat. Employees Kayla Austin (hmmm....I am a native Austin, TX gal :-) ), Jacilyn Ramerez (sp?), Mark Correra, and Maria were super nice and helpful. When in San Ramon, CA, I highly recommend staying at this place where I felt like it was a home away from home with folks that felt like fast friends and family just out of the blue! Thank you to everyone at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West for all you do on a daily basis to take such great care of each individual who happens your way. All the best, Love, and Peace, Heather Marie Watson from Austin, Texas (an Amma devotee) <3 <3 <3 and I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me!

Room Tip: Just ask the staff politely, please :-)
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Bellevue
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We have stayed here several times with no problems. This time our non smoking room was 103. It is right across from a smoking area so cigarette smoke is present all the time. We were able to move to 305 which helped a lot but again the areas next to stair well are designated for smoking (less of a problem on 3 with also more non enclose space then 1st floor. Recommend staying in middle of each floor did last time stay at other end and do not remember any cigarette smoking there. They did respond quickly to our complaint and move us. The fans in the bathrooms in both these rooms were very loud and on their last legs. They should be replaced. Otherwise clean/acceptable room on 3.

Room Tip: See above avoid 101,103,105.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed here a week for work
Good location - walk to shopping and restaurants
Staff friendly
I see the effort to renovate however cheap materials and workmanship evident
Carpet had obvious stains that should be addressed before reassigning room to new guests
Thin walls. Heard neighbor snoring all night
Large suite equipped with full kitchen
Comfy bed
Available laundry facilities
No dry cleaning on site
Breakfast very minimal...coffee muffin granola bar fruit

• Stayed October 2013
California, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed here for 3 months and it was excellent experience. Manager and staff were very friendly and helpful during our stay. We recommend this hotel to stay. The hotel is located at a great location. It is good for business purpose or for with family fun. San Francisco is near and lot of places to see.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review about your stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear that our staff provided you with exceptional customer service during your stay. Also, I am pleased that you found our location to be convenient for sight-seeing in San Francisco.

Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I must say I have been online and I read the reviews before staying. I was almost positive that I would have a horrible experience. I did not experience Any of the negative things that went on with the other trip advisor Reviews. From the moment I stepped in the doors Emily Was greeting me, She was so genuine . Check in was a breeze. My room was clean. No plumbing issues for me. & every staff member I encountered (David,Maria and Emily) were very warm & pleasant. So in conclusion after reading all these negative reviews I felt a need to put this positive review on here to let people know that this hotel is a good hotel And they should stay here.

• Stayed October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am proud of our staff for providing the best customer service to give you that home away from home feeling." I am pleased that our hotel and staff exceeded your expectations.

Concord, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Okay, now I know why this Extended Stay America property was the cheapest of the 4 in my area, and had lots of rooms available. I should have checked TripAdvisor first, but we had a plumbing crisis at home, and I just needed somewhere clean with a kitchen for my young family to stay for a couple of days.

We had to leave our home because the downstairs toilet is backed up. So we were not thrilled to discover, in the middle of our first night here, that the toilet would not flush at all. Not backing up, but not flushing. We called the desk at 8:30 the next morning, and the clerk assured me that she would have the maintenance guy come up first thing after he arrived at 9:00. By 11:35, still no maintenance guy, so my wife pulled the lid off the toilet and figured out the problem herself. For most of our stay, the lid to the toilet was off so that we can manually push the thing to make it refill after each flush, but in the middle of our 2nd night, even that isn’t working. I actually timed it while I was packing to leave, and after 12 minutes (TWELVE MINUTES!) the tank had still not refilled after the last flush.

Next glitch is the fridge. When I was putting our frozen food away, I noticed that the ice trays contained just cold water, but I figured the housekeeper had probably just refilled them before our late-afternoon check-in. Nope – the freezer does not freeze at all. It may be slightly colder than the warmish fridge, but definitely not keeping any frozen food frozen. We lost at least $20 worth of frozen food for our planned 2-3 day stay (hoping we can salvage some that we took back home).

The kitchenette has hideous 1980s cabinets and counter/table (which I noticed on our last morning was actually flaking off – I wonder how much of that we ate while we were here?). The 2-burner cooktop works well enough to get a meal together, although the utensils provided are clearly not adequate for that purpose – glad I brought lots of stuff from home. Also, it appears that anything in the kitchen is only as clean as the last guest/resident cared to leave it. I found 2 spoons stuck together by gunk in the utensil drawer. And since the only cleaning tools provided are a teensy envelope of dishwashing liquid and a terry dishcloth, I wasn’t able to clean up the stainless-steel skillet from cooking well-done bacon for breakfast. I know it’s clean, but it looks brown and yucky. Finally, the eating utensils provided are MINIMAL – bring your own (including napkins or paper towels) if you are not a single person.

On the plus side, the room has been recently and tastefully decorated. There is lots of storage – actually more than we needed for a 3-year-old and an 8-month old; storage is always a huge issue traveling with little kids. The toddler was thrilled to sleep on the twin-sized “couch-bed,” and his baby sister shared the king bed with us (we didn’t ask about cribs/play-yards).

The “amenities” aren’t much. There is no pool; we didn’t ask about a fitness center or nearby gym (chasing the 3-yo around local parks is good enough for us). The wi-fi is pretty slow; when I tried to pay bills from within my work VPN (zero security on the property’s wi-fi), the page-turns were at least 30-60 seconds. Even getting on to write this review (without the VPN) was really slow. Forget about streaming video (like trying to watch the late local news online while the kids are sleeping). When you sign on to the property’s wi-fi, you get what looks like an option to upgrade to a faster speed for a price…but the 2 radio buttons have the exact same text, something like “no thanks, I want crappy slow wi-fi.”

The plumber is coming back to our house this afternoon, and I don’t know whether we’ll be able to stay at home tonight. But we’re sure not staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the San Ramon Valley Blvd side rather than the I-680 side. Less noise and really...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - San Ramon - Bishop Ranch - West? Share your experiences!