“Not impressed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in San Rafael
San Francisco, California
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed here last week on Wednesday night. Placed seemed nice enough at check in. Got a room on floor 0 ( not a typo) the carpet had ripples, bumps. Bathroom had mildew stains in tub area. At the price I paid I expected much better. Would not stay here again

• Stayed July 2014
Rob P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We have used your valuable feedback as a training tool for our housekeeping inspectors. Our hotel is very clean, but the rooms are ready for the upcoming renovation. We will begin renovating rooms in the next few weeks. We have already begun in our Fitness Center.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Polish first
Fresno, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I stayed here with my wife back in April while I had some work in the area and we were visiting some friends who just had a baby. We had a terribly long day and checked into the hotel about 9 in the evening. We were given an upgrade at check it which we were excited about! Upon arrival to the room we found the room was never cleaned at all since the last guest was in it. We in fact thought that the room was still occupied due to it's state when we saw it.

We headed back to the front desk completely exhausted from the day and the long trek through the hotel back to the front desk which honestly is a considerable distance. We were give another room and this time no upgrade. I was offered bonus SPG points for the inconvenience which helped out a bit. The second room was beat up. This looks like a hotel that Sheraton bought and is trying to make up to their standards and is no where near it yet. The room was right next to the elevator and I could hear people all night long. Also the refrigerator in the room would kick on every hour on the hour and was loud enough to wake me up. So basically I did not sleep all night.

The next night we were moved to another room which was alright. The staff was very nice but the situation was very trying considering I was working a great deal and I just needed a good nights sleep. Also, I never received my consolation bonus SPG points. I had to call SPG a couple times and the hotel never responded to my concerns. SPG finally just gave me points due to the fact that the hotel never took the time to respond.

Next time I am in San Rafael I will look for an other property to stay at. Which is a bummer since I am a loyal SPG member.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. In April we did have some staff changes and were in the midst of a training campaign. Our plans have been approved for renovation on all of the guestrooms and public areas. We have begun with our new Fitness Center that will be ready this month. Please give us another try on your next visit to San Rafael.

Travelers are raving about these San Rafael hotels

Pilot Hill, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Me and my two daughters recently spent a few days in San Francisco and Six Flags Vallejo and stayed at the Sheraton San Rafael. I expected A nice Place because it was a Sheraton Hotel and that's Exactley what we got and more. The rooms were very nice with a fridge , microwave and ours also had a patio to enjoy. The pool was awesome and heated with a nice hot tub, And there was also a nice fireside lounge area by the pool were we could relax after swimming at night and enjoy the fire and sunset and I also had a glass of wine from there Nice well stocked Bar. The staff was very Helpful and friendly and made our stay wonderful by providing directions to the nearby mall and cvs less then a mile away. We also enjoyed a Great Breakfast Buffet in the morning to top off the already excellent time we had. The buffet was well stocked with Bacon Sausage , eggs, Milk , juice, and everything else me and my Kids ages 9 and 11 could possibly ask for. I would like to thank the staff for helping my family have a wonderful time and feel so welcomed and important and very at home at your hotel.

Room Tip: I had a Ground floor room witch I prefer usally and this time it seemed like it was a great call bec...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Rob P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We love hearing how much you enjoyed our hotel. We take great pride in our service and making all of our guests enjoy a memorable experience.We are looking forward to our new renovation taking place the next 6 months.
Minden, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed here one night on a business trip. We have mixed feelings on this property. I'm sure that I expected more because of the name. They were very nice at the front desk upon arrival and let us check in early. We appreciated that as we had a 12 hour workday ahead of us. The room was clean and spacious. The bed was good and the bedding was comfortable. When we came back after working all day there was no soap, shampoo, or conditioner. I did not feel like waiting to get some or chase some down so luckily I had some packed. We went to have breakfast the next morning and they have a buffet or you can order off the menu. We noticed people getting plates full of food and to go boxes. So we had ordered off the menu after finally getting someone to take our order. We had to wait and almost not get to eat as it took so long to get our food. I assume it is because they kept replacing the food on the buffet. Overall, we were very disappointed in our stay here and will not be back.

Room Tip: This hotel is close to the freeway. Rooms on the inside are very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you taking the time to share your experiences. We are sorry to hear about the housekeeping replenishment and restaurant service. We have identified the associates involved and have used this information to do some extensive service training for all departments. If you return to the area consider giving us another try as we are always improving our service and our product.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Stayed for about ten days. Trip kept getting extended beyond my original four days.

Front desk staff very friendly and very helpful. They had to move my room as I had to extend the stay and did their best to accommodate. Had constant room service and food was good. One thing though tip is automatically added to bill which is fine but each and every person pointed out when I signed the receipt that their is a tip line, I always add a bit more but please don't put me on the spot. Ended up just picking food up from restaurant after a certain point. Hotel is clean, people friendly and location is great. My room was in a tower that had work being done so no elevator but staff told me so you can't expect any more than that, work needs to be done. Of all the hotels I stay when I come to visit this seems to be the best for the best price.

My only complaint is I left a $40 water bottle on the dresser when I left and called three times to see if it was handed in leaving a detailed description and contact information. Each time the front desk transferred me to someone where I left my message to never hear back. Sort of ruins a good stay when you feel like they got your money band your gone so why bother with service standards

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your kind words following your stay with your family. We like to think of our property as a resort in Marin County. The location is ideal. I am sorry to hear about the sports bottle being lost. We will contact you directly to replace the item for you right away.
San Clemente, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Stayed here for four nights while attending a conference. Right on the 101 freeway and comfortable enough. Room was clean and looked to be in good shape. Did find that one of the dresser drawers wouldn't stay closed. Not sure if it was because the floor was sloping slightly or what, reaching to call that a complaint though. Had a small snafu one day where housekeeping didn't show up but they provided towel replacement and we were able to manage the slight inconvenience. Front desk staff is friendly as are all hotel personnel we encountered. It's not the Four Seasons, but generally a comfortable bed in this pleasant bay area community.

NOTE: Hotel does offer 250 points/day if you opt NOT to have housekeeping tend your room. Just leave a little card on the door (or on the bed). Also, upon check-in you may spin a wheel at the check-in counter for bonus SPG points - up to 500 I think. A nice little perk.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Rob P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to describe your recent stay. We always enjoy having conference attendees stay with us on business or pleasure. We do have a GREEN program available if the guest chooses points over housekeeping refresh. We are all doing our best to conserve resources. We hope to see you again in the future.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Ronesh Sharma at checkin made us feel special from the moment we walked in the door.
Everybody was very friendly & accommodating. Nice, clean, larger than usual room.
Refrigerator was not working when we walked in but was fixed within 10 min after reporting it. Very comfortable & attractive pool area.
We'll be back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Rob P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you very much for the complimentary review. Your feedback will be shared with all of our front desk team and Ronesh will be recognized for a job well done. It will be our pleasure to serve you anytime in the future.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael? Share your experiences!