“Over charged me” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in San Rafael
Crescent City, California
“Over charged me”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Four Points San Rafael over carged me two weeks ago and I have call numerous times to the hotel and the SPG without success. The charged me twice for the same day and have not eimbursed the funds. I was placed on hold mulitiple times and was told management was aware of the problem. I was transferred to the account, which was a voice mail. The staff that answered the phone did want to help or didn't know how to reimburse the over charge to my credit card. I've gotten the run around on every call. No one is knowledgable enough to fix the over charge. Other factor that rate this hotel low is the room they placed me in was loud, near the outside door. House keeping came by at 8 am to clean the room. Breakfast was over priced.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. We have resolved the issue and you have been reimbursed. Please contact GM, Hartmut Ott, directly at hott@rimhospitality.com if you have further questions.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Polish first
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

After reading and hearing about the outstanding customer service the Four Points Sheraton San Rafael provided Kaiser Permanente, our Employee Resource Group decided to book our annual Service Awards dinne medical center at the Four Points Sheraton. What fantastic service we all received, culturally respectful of our veggie request due to Lent not only did their Chef provide dinner several options he provided our guest attendees with a delicious Mexican food buffet. Their staff provided our Executive Board with the perfect ambiance, perfect food menu, and perfect people providing our guest with extraordinary customer service. What an amazing event, amazing venue and amazing Four Points Sheraton staff. Thank you for an amazing evening!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
San Rafael, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is my second stay at this particular hotel & I WILL be back again! Talk about stellar service! I have four names worthy of mention; however, that is only limited by the names I remember!! Morgan; Gina; Omar; & Mohammed are ambassadors and the epitome of high quality customer service . . . . there is alot more that could be said, but the preceding comment says it all . . . . the only thing that could be better that they do not have control over is the difference in shuttle operation here compared to Rancho Cucamonga . . . . alot of people fly in here and go to Terrapin Crossroads (TXR) to see Phil Lesh & Friends on Yacht Club Drive just 3 miles down the road from the hotel . . . . safe there & back is key . . . . if the shuttle was not limited to corporate clients only, this would definitely be the bomb!!! Sheraton Four Points in Rancho Cucamonga extnds there shuttle service to all guests for drop-off & pick-up and that would just make the whole stay that much more comforting even before one leaves their departure city for the trip to San Rafael. TXR just had their one-year anniversary during this stay and they will probably be in business for many years to come since Phil Lesh owns TXR and his sons are in the business as well to carry on the legacy. Cater and advertise to this note and you will be amazed at the happy clients you will have at this hotel venue . . . . the hotel is so close to this very popular music venue that it would be naive not to take advantage of it by catering to it --- this opinion is not just from some relic of a Deadhead, but from a 22-year Navy veteran that enjoys pleasant townships/cities. high-quality music venues, and leading edge hotels to rest my weary head after quality entertainment experiences!!!

Room Tip: I have stayed twice in different parts of the hotel . . . . it appears thsat there probably is NO ba...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
FourPointsSanRafael, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Great comments that we have shared with those you mention as well as the rest of the team. Our shuttle bus is available to all guests in a radius of about 3-5 miles. The service is only dependent on the availability of a driver. Thank you for the marketing tip and we look forward to your next visit!
Edina, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at the Four Points over the weekend. Pros: The staff is friendly--especially the front desk and the Bar area. The bar-tending staff was expecially kind. Good location and free internet. Nice Lobby. Clean bathrooms and lots of towels. Maintenance is responsive. Cons: The hallways and elevators are dirty and tired. Marked with black marks and scratches almost everywhere. There is blue duck taped next to each elevator covering something. Very strange. Room was dusty and poorly vacuumed, and clearly edges hadn't been dusted in quite some time. The air-conditioning is horribly loud. There is poor soundproofing--can hear every conversation, door closing, etc. Food is not the best--not particularly fresh or inviting. The elevators are shared with hotel services and I found that the staff continued to discuss their issues in front of me; they didn't defer their trips so I rode in the elevator with a variety of maintenance/cleaning/set-up equipment, etc. This would be a much nicer hotel with a little cleaning and refurbishing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us. We will be sharing your pros and cons with our team members at our next meeting. We are pleased to announce that we will be updating our guest rooms within the next year. We invite you to come back and give us another try and experience the refreshed rooms!
Hilo, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Pros:
1) Friendly staff (front desk,engineering,banquet lady,room service)
2) Nice lobby
3) Really nice and clean pool/hot tub
4) Rooms are nicely upkept
5) Good size T.V
6) Good location
7) Free internet
8) Good burger and beer

Cons:
1) Hvac needs to be updated
2) Internet could be faster
3) Food service was sub par
4) Buffet eggs and bacon were worth one bite
5) Carpet needed cleaning in room
6) Price was average
7) Pool furniture warn

Advice: Spend a little money to upgrade these issues...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for bringing your thoughts to our attention. This will allow us to address these items and ensure continuous improvement. We are also happy to announce that the hotel will undergo a renovation.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Walking in the front you notice an updated and clean area(first impression is great). The check in was smooth and the front desk agent was very informative about the hotel and rewards program available. When a arrived at my room the first thing I noticed was the room reflected the lobby area. Clean room, fresh paint and what looked to be a recently remodeled bathroom. The T.V was a nice size and the bed was comfortable. Loved the blue oversized lounge chair! It was where I spent most of my time while in the room. The food in the restraunt was good. Breakfast was also good but the bacon could have been better. The pool and hot tub were just as fresh and clean as the lobby area. I had a very plesent conversation with one of the employees who was testing and scrubing the pool. I belive he said he was running the engineering department? He was very intrested in how my stay was going and gave me his name and said if I had any maintenance needs to ask for him at the front desk. Personal, Informative, and made me feel at home. This young man know's how to treat a guest! I will return to this hotel because the rooms are nice, the staff is great and I really felt welcome!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Wow. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay as you're writing. A team that takes pride in caring for guests makes a hotel great. We are honored to know you were impressed, we thank you for sharing your observations and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Eureka, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

By far the best and most comfortable in the San Rafael area. I work in the area once a week and always return the The Four Points, after having experienced all that is available in the neighborhood. The comfort level and the friendly staff make this place shine. It's a tree star hotel so you can't judge it against a five star, not sure what other reviewers were looking for. The beds are comfy and most rooms I've stayed in are newly redecorated. The restaurant and bar are small but good quality

Room Tip: It's right off the freeway but the rooms are quiet. But if you're a light sleeper I would su...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate it! See you next week!

Been to Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael? Share your experiences!