You added Embassy Suites Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center
GreenLeadersSilver level
Mesa, Arizona
“Be warned”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I arrived to a bathroom that was filthy. Blood splatters on shower curtain (don't even want to guess about cause of this). Stained carpets that smelled old and scuffs and missing paint on beat up walls and doors. The vent in the bathroom was covered with dirt and the cover broke fell off bathroom outlet which then quit working all together. The toilet paper holder's spring was broken by day 3 and not replaced. Paper wouldn't stay on roll. It's really hard to believe housekeeping can ignore all of these items so completely.

I left an empty water bottle on bed stand which stood untouched for 2 days till I finally threw out. Bed was okay for comfort, but sheets scratchy and could use softener!

As a Hilton Honers frequent traveler since 1990 and I have to say this is one of the saddest rooms I've ever stayed in. Hilton should be embarrassed! Entire property needs a facelift. Even the furniture in the bar/lounge is circa 1980's!!

On the flip side, the staff was very nice and food decent.

Room Tip: Can't recommend based on my experience. I'll avoid in future completely.
Green Features: Can't say as I had to use my towels everyday to cover filthy floors in bath and bedroom.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Pat S, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
First and foremost I want to apologize for what you experienced during your recent stay with us. What you encountered and found was unacceptable and no where near the level of service and cleanliness one expects and deserves at a Hilton Property. Honestly, I am embarassed as the General Manager to realize that this suite was even put in service. I am reasonable enough to know and understand that at times something can fall through the cracks as we are human, however, we failed on many points relative to suite. You can be assured that I will be speaking with the staff and will do what is necessary to ensure that this does not happen in the future. As a Hilton Honors Member your patronage and loyalty to the brand is appreciated. Thank you for your candor and for also citing a few positives relative to the food being good and the staff friendly. It is my hope that given the opportunity to stay with us again, that you will do so, as I can assure you that we are far better then what you experienced.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Spokane,WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This property has a great location in beautiful Marin County. I paid AAA/AARP rate @ $160.55+19.59 tax, which I thought was a pretty penny. I was surprised that it was quiet -- given the open atrium design. I was comfortable for the most part; but it has shortcomings---maybe age-related.
THE BATHROOM: Has no night-light; no close-up mirror; t.p. holder is inconvenient. BETWEEN THE WALLS: Hear toilets flushing constantly; next-door slams and moves the bed! The sounds of sexual intercourse,too!
Window frame dirty;no screen;opens 3"; AC mechanical and refrigerator are noisy. GOOD THINGS:Breakfast [buffet needs hand-sanitizer dispensers]; towels; complimentary happy hour; business center; manager's attention.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, but for also speaking directly to me prior to your departure from the hotel. As I had mentioned, our guests feedback is important and is a means for us to better understand and improve upon our guests experience. The items brought to my attention in your suite were taken care of and I am looking into and sharing your suggestions and recommendations with Ownership with the hope that we can make them happen soon and/or with upgrades and changes to the property from a capital investment standpoint. I appreciate your mentioning that you enjoyed the breakfast, complimentary evening reception, the business center and the fact that you were listened to. I appreciate that. It is my hope that when your travels bring you back to our area, that you will not hesitate to stay with us again.
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed for two nights in the Embassy Suites. The staff was very friendly and helpful in every way. We enjoyed a two room suite with comfortable beds. The breakfast was very complete, we enjoyed the "made to order" omelets. The WIFI was a little slow, but overall our experience was first class. This is located next to the Convention center which provides a nice area by a small pond with abundant wildlife (birds). The complimentary drinks with some light snacks made our time complete. Being only a 30 minute drive from downtown San Francisco made this a perfect location for us to stay on our trip. The elevators can be slow at times, but with only five stories one does not have to wait for too long.

Room Tip: Great views of the interior area from upper floors
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Pat S, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I was very happy to hear that you found the hotel to be comfortable, the amenities enjoyable, the staff friendly and our location to be ideal for seeing the best of what San Francisco has to offer. The staff works hard to ensure that all of our guests feel like they are home and they appreciate it when they receive feedback from our guests...it's wonderful reinforcement for them...so thnak you again. We look forward to welcoming you back.
La Pine, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This was the worst experience I have ever had with an Embassy Suites. The coffee cup appeared to have been used and left in the room. Someone had used and left a pubic hair inside the conditioner container and the manager seemed to think it was no big deal. It made the whole stay feel gross and dirty.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

First and foremost I want to apologize for your suite not being up to the normal standards we expect and strive for on a daily basis. There is no excuse for what you found in your suite to have been there... I sincerely apologize. I have asked that my Director of Rooms to share your review with our Housekeeping Team and to work with them to ensure that they understand the importance of not only cleaning but in checking and double checking before they leave each suite to ensure each detail has been taken care of. As you can see from the many reviews we receive, we are much better then you experienced and it is my hope that if in the area again, that you will give us another try. In fact, when you do visit, please contact me directly at the hotel and i will personally make your reservation for you.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Besides the 80's decor in the Atrium and restaurant and bar, which is the center of the entire hotel this place is ok.
It's is great for families with young children. There is a pool and stream running through lobby area that the kids will love. The rooms are suites and very nice bordering on 4 star but a little dated. The free bees are a good deal too, free drinks at 5 pm, free full breakfast in the morning. The hotel is quiet and is off the freeway about 1/4 mile. It is clean and well staffed,service was good and friendly.i don't think you ll have a problem here except for the dated areas.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper floors, corner rooms, rooms away from banquet room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your candid feedabck regarding your recent stay with us. It was nice to read that you found the hotel clean, the amenities enjoyable and the staff attentive and friendly. In terms of the hotel needing to be updated, your feedback and insight is important as we share our guests feedback with Ownership. As a 23 year old property, there are areas for improvement as well as those that need to be re-freshed and we are currently working on a few areas now that will be completed towards the end of the year and others that will be addressed in the not too distant future. Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.
Sacramento, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Make sure to take full advantage of all the complimentary benefits of ordering this suite. Do not waste your time sitting in the bedroom saying "I love you" to each other. You paid 200+ dollars to stay here so make it worthwhile.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Pat S, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thanks for letting people know that the amenities that Embassy offers it's guests are what makes a stay with us so enjoyable. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you once again.
Jacksonville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Best place to stay in the area. The staff was great. The breakfast was outstanding and the rooms and lobby are in good condition. I will be returning next time I am in the area. Just to point out a few areas for improvement... Some of the room furniture is a little dated but in good shape. The WIFI was a little slow and difficult to hook up to and stay hooked up to.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate your candor and feedback. It was nice to hear that you found the staff , your suite and our cooked to order breakfast more than satisfactory. Relative to the hard goods in the suites, we are working with Ownership to update and change what we have and we anticipate being renovated in the not too distant future. In terms of wi-fi, we do occasionally run into times/days when the it has been slower then it should be. There can be more then a few reasons why so we are working with our IT people to see what we can do. Thanks again for your comments/feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the area.

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center

Address: 101 McInnis Parkway, San Rafael, CA 94903
Location: United States > California > Marin County > San Rafael
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in San Rafael
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Embassy Suites Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / San Rafael
Embassy Suites San Rafael
San Rafael Embassy Suites

If you own or manage Embassy Suites Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.