“Dirty and in bad condition” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 San Rafael

You added Motel 6 San Rafael to your Saves list
Motel 6 San Rafael
737 East Francisco Boulevard, San Rafael, CA 94901 (Formerly Days Inn San Rafael/San Francisco)   |
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in San Rafael
London, United Kingdom
“Dirty and in bad condition”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This hotel looked fine from the outside but that is where it ended. The room was not clean and was in a bad state of repair. There was no plug in the sink, the sheets looked like they had not been ironed, the walls had been patched up with a different colour paint, the bath had been sort of painted but it had caused it to have black marks all over it even the TV was hung crooked on the wall. Do not stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

If I wasn't travelling with a male K9 trained German Shepherd I would have been terrified to stay here. I had No choice it was late and I had 4 dogs and we needed to find a hotel fast. Most motel 6's I have stayed at were really modern and clean and decent locations. This one was full so I couldn't park my s500 Mercedes right by the door which bothered me.It was apparent that prostitution and drug dealings took place here. I was un-loading some things from my car and police showed up.. I asked the officer if she thought it was safe and she said.. don't leave any valuables in your car and there is lots of "activity" here. So many scary looking men were walking around... and the room was old and not clean and not updated. I slept on the top of the bed on my own blanket with my clothes on and my hoodie pulled over my head! the guy that checked me in was very kind.. and told me I could park My benz right in front of the lobby if I wanted.. very nice offer. Also this dump was $79? plus tax so over $80 where other hotel 6's are only $50. Too dangerous and bad area,,, there are better hotels I am sure but again Pet friendly is what I was needing.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
USA---
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The room looked just like the picture shown by motel. Found this room after 8:30pm. Nowhere very near by to eat, right beside interstate. Strangely, a taxi limo sat in our rooms parking space for quite a long time after check in and "U" shaped narrow parking lot had tight parking . Floor slopes somewhat and creaked and had very large empty open closet in addition to room. Very basic room. Naturally Motel 6 has no breakfast.
Only one stay for me.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I was traveling with a group of 14 people many of whom were on a limited budget (college students). The price was the best we could find in San Rafael. The rooms were adequate, spacious for a Motel 6. There was free wifi and they are dog friendly - not even charging a pet fee. This was important, since we were traveling with 7 guide dog puppies.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This place was close (walking distance) to where we were hanging out that night - that is the only reason we stayed there. We were in room 109 which looked as if it may have been recently updated but that didn't make up for how dirty it was. It really grossed me out.

The desk clerk was very nice, I'll give them that. And it was cheap, it is a Motel 6, but like most Motel 6's the walls are paper thin.

This place seemed to be less of a motel and more of a long term lodging place. Lots of people standing outside their roomdoors drinking and smoking. I was very thankful that we weren't spending much time there.

The parking lot was so small. Cars were tight and ours was dinged in several places in the morning. If you can stay elsewhere do so.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Why,why,why did I make THIS mistake again? And they put me in the same nasty, scary room # 156 again. It cost 71.67 total. They don't care to find out your car license or anything. I am a solo female traveler. Men hanging outon second floor watch you unload your car (in a hurry)! They ask smoking or non, I said non & the room smelled of smokers. The floor is barren of carpets, warped and slanted from wall to door. The bed slants with the floor yet is higher at the foot than the head and yet slants downhill towards the door on the right side. I check the restroom for creeps hiding and the strange side room. No fridge, no coffee maker, no mirror as is normal in a decent motel. Door doesn't seem secure, flimsy chain.
No decorations. No safe feeling at all. Bring your flashlight & pepper spray & another weapon, even if you are a guy.
Its a Patel Motel for sure.

• Stayed February 2013
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I stayed 4 or 5 days in Feb 2012. Just a basic roof & bed. Occupy San Quentin happened that Monday and it was very busy. SQ prison just across freeway and looked like it was visiting weekend. I never felt unsafe although the property is definitely run down. This industrial area of San Rafi is pretty much working class Hispanic, which allowed me to practice my shameful Spanish on poor housekeeping staff!. All I wanted was a clean room with WiFi internet service (it worked, barely -courtyard corner behind the office on ground floor). Scary tight parking but scored traffic cone and deployed at front of my old minivan - don't bring the Benz. Left my kayak on top unsecured and used my bicycle for most of time, down to town centre & over to Larkspur ferry (thru bike tunnel or over the ridge past prison) into SFO. My wife came on the next weekend and I moved to the nearby Extended Stay but on my own I have no problem here. Great place to base out of for rest of Marin/SFO/Sonoma/Napa on daytrips if you're single guy or your lady has sense of humour/adventure and loves you anyway. No bugs or needles of any type seen. Woo Hoo!

Room Tip: Behind office eliminates freeway noise and prob helps w/ WiFi reception. Few taquerias around and lo...