“Friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East

You added Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1775 Francisco Boulevard East, San Rafael, CA 94901 (Formerly Extended Deluxe San)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in San Rafael
Novato, California
“Friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

First off Meika was amazing! She was so sweet to both of us and made a stressful situation much easier! The staff is very friendly, the room is clean, easy access in and out to walk our dogs. On a lower note, tge kitchen could use a few more dishes and no ice machine is a negative for any hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay with us. We strive to provide clean, comfortable rooms and great service to all of our guests. I am delighted to know that we accomplished this goal during your stay. Thank you again for your extremely valuable feedback. We continuously try to improve our guests experience and without your comments we would not be able to do so. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I am giving this hotel location three stars in order to raise it's rating, especially with AAA. This is not the fanciest place I've ever stayed but it sure isn't the worst place either. It is spacious, clean and very reasonably priced. It isn't necessarily in a central location but I don't stay in the room, I'm out and about. I stayed two nights and from there went to Tiburon, Stinson Beach, Muir Woods on separate trips and back and forth to the northern part of San Rafael. Easy navigation to all locations. I stayed in a King room and had loads of space. The kitchen is small and efficient although they state it is fully equipped but really only had 2 of each; plates, bowls, cups, glasses, knives, forks and spoons. There were no other utensils in the room I had. They had a pot, pan, toaster, colander, coffee pot, microwave and oven/stove combo and full size refrigerator. It was sufficient for a simple meal but I could've use a sharp knife for cutting/trimming. The shower was nice, no tub. A hair dryer and iron are supplied.
I did find fault with a packaged soap in the shower that I couldn't open because the plastic was tough. Had I known I would have opened it prior to going in the shower. I also did not like the towels; the washcloth felt like sandpaper on my face, very rough.

They do provide a light continental breakfast and start that much earlier than most hotels. There is a pool and exercise room but I didn't use either.

As I expected this type of hotel does draw some people who are staying here as opposed to an apartment or other permanent housing. With that said it means that some of the guests are from a lower socioeconomic demographic. No one bothered me and everyone was nice. I just offer this information to be thorough. I, personally, would stay again and do recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Kelowna, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

The good places were not pet-friendly, so we ended up staying here, in the middle of nowhere.

We paid $139 for this place with a lousy excuse for a 'breakfast'. Awful. The lady at the front desk was nice.

The next day we were at the Sheraton in Petaluma, what a difference! Helpful staff, comfortable rooms, a restaurant, an outside pool etc. for $109 without breakfast.

Never again, unless we're desperate.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. We hope we have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in town.
Gardnerville, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

In general, we were surprised by the poor choice of motels in Marin County. We lived there years ago, and it is not much better than then. I suppose it is due to zoning constraints. The Extended Stay is very near to a busy freeway, so there is lots of traffic noise, fortunately, we were in back. The entrance is hard to navigate and even find. The beds were clean and comfortable, fortunately we had brought our own pillows. The supposed breakfast was horrible and consisted of granola bars, stale apples, and coffee.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for your review about your stay at our hotel. I am so glad that you found your bed to be comfortable; however, I am sorry that our location was hard to find and our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that your feedback is very important to us and we are keeping it in mind as we continue to make improvements moving forward.

We truly appreciate your comments. Hopefully you will choose to stay with us again in the future so we can show you our enhanced efforts.
San Rafael, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

The two ladies at the front desk are amazing. It is hard to be away from home. They have made my stay so comfortable. Working on the road is difficult. These folks make you feel welcome and safe. Outstanding JOB!!!

Room Tip: I have stayed in several rooms on both sides of the hotel and they have been nice and quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
San Rafael, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

This hotel has a very friendly staff that truly strives to make your stay enjoyable. They do their best to accommodate requests and always have a smile. The location is great for doing business in Marin County.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back. It's much quieter and you may get a view of the bay.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I wrote a long explanation and gratitude for a two month visit to Extended stay and feeling as like "one of the family". It is on the previous page.
I was a guest of the hotel due to water damage throughout the first floor of my home. I could not have felt more welcomed and I feel like I had a cross cultural journey and adventure for two months right in my own "back yard".
The staff was friendly, fun and very efficient. The guests were an adventure in the variety of personalities, employment, interests, traveling experiences. and reasons for traveling. I also met people that lived at Extended Stay. It literally is their home. Did I mention that pets are also welcome. My kitty was a welcomed guest as well.
I know everyone looks forward to the reburbishing and renovation upgrades that are now in progress. It will make "home" just that much sweeter.
I will always consider the staff as Extended Family at Extended Stay.
Thank you!
Beverly Stevens

Room Tip: the back of the building with a view of the bay
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East? Share your experiences!