“Your own apartment” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 13 hotels in San Mateo
Ottawa
“Your own apartment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here on business in late February 2013 for a week.

My first impression was mixed - Due to limited availability, I had massive room that included a small kitchen (full size fridge, oven, microwave, dishwasher, utensils, etc...), living room, dining room, bathroom and an upper floor with a bedroom and bathroom. I immediately loved the layout and it seemed perfect for a long-term stay. Unfortunately, there was a musty/smokey smell to the place despite it being a non-smoking room. The smell wasn't noticeable after a while, but it really turned me off the room each day I came back.

The staff were all excellent and extremely friendly.

I loved having the kitchen while I was staying there and found that they provided almost everything I needed in terms of plates, cutlery, pans, etc..

The room featured two large screen flat-panel televisions that worked well. The furniture wasn't very comfortable, but there was a small couch and a large chair in the living room.

The bed and shower were fine. A step below the quality I've found in nicer hotels, but I have no complaints.

The room also had free WiFi. Unfortunately, it was quite slow. I would have preferred the option to pay for internet access that was a decent speed.

I would stay here again if I could get a better price on the room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hugo H, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

I want to THANK YOU for taking the time to post a review about your experience in our Residence Inn by Marriott San Mateo. This helps us to be better service our guest and improve our facility.

I will share the comments with my staff as they take pride in the job they do. Once again THANK YOU for your review and hope to see you in a near future.

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for business . Great location . Cheaper than the Marriott , nicer than other local chains and gives you a suite ., bedroom , bathroom , kitchen and small living room .

Small villa setup . Good breakfast .

Certainly would recommend .

• Stayed February 2013
Hugo H, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

I want to THANK YOU for taking the time to post a review about your recent visit to our Residence Inn by Marriott San Mateo.

I am very glad that you like our location and amenities that we offer. I will share your comments with our staff to keep them motivated as they take pride in the job they do.

THANK YOU again, we appreciate your business and hope to see you in a near future.

San Mateo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have stayed in Residence Inn straight for 6 months. This is one of the better hotels in the neighborhood. The staff is courteous and very proffessional. I was impressed with everyone especially Jose Garcia, Andrea Hebrio, Jacquiline Ocasio, James and Brittany. The support staff is prompt and well mannered.
The place is very close to places like Target, Safeway, Marshall and CVS.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would recommand this hotel for any long term traveler.

Room Tip: Pick a room which is on the upper deck for privacy. Also stay away from basketball court which can g...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hugo H, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

I want to THANK YOU for taking the time to post a review about your experience at our Residence Inn by Marriott San Mateo.

The team and I appreciate your valuable comments as we take pride in the job we do. We know you have many options when it comes to hotels and we appreciate you selecting ours.

Thank you again and hope to see you in a near future.

Bangalore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I and my team stayed here for over 2 weeks last year. It is very good hotel with great rooms, nice service and friendly staff. The kitchen is fully equipped and the room amenities are good for a long stay as well. The breakfast options are a little limited, but they make up for the same with the evening snacks.

The staff is extremely helpful and always ready to serve you better. The location is good as there are shopping malls and restaurants close by. Would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I want to THANK YOU for taking the time to complete this review regarding your and your team stay at our Residence Inn by Marriott San Mateo.

We are glad that our facilities were able to accommodate your needs. I will share your nice comments with our staff as they take pride on the job they do.

Thank you again and hope to see you in a near future.

Coto de Caza, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room is spacious with a large well equipped kitchen for being a hotel. The only bad thing about our room was that it had a large gap around the seal of the door so the sitting area was very cold.
I left a brand new pair of boots still, in the box, at the hotel in our room. I called the hotel to ask if housekeeping picked them up, and to my surprise they had them and were very happy to mail them to my home. Good to know that the staff if very upstanding and honest! When back to visit my relatives in San Mateo this will definitely be my choice hotel! Thanks again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hugo H, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding our stay at our Residence Inn by Marriott San Mateo.

I’m glad our facility was up to your expectations and that your boots made it home.

I will share this comment with our staff as they take their job very seriously and work hard to ensure every single guest has a great stay at our hotel.

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Two adults and 2 kids were able to spread out in their 2 bed/2bath 2-storey room. Full Kitchen and 3 tv's. Internet was no charge and there was a very good free hot breakfast (be careful, it ends early) excellent service, clean and spacious room. Park your car near your room, though as I saw evidence of a car broken into near the very edges of the lot.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I’m glad our facility was able to accommodate you and your family and we hope to see you in a near future.

Sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Compared to other placed, this hotel is cozy, very personable staff. Beautiful room. Kitchen is a plus and the fireplace make you feel at home. All in all this is a great place to stay at. If you are staying in san Mateo you need to stay here :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I’m glad our facility was up to your expectations and we hope to serve you in a near future.

Best regards,

Been to Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo? Share your experiences!