“Great place to stay if you are planning to go into SFO” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Los Prados Hotel

You added Los Prados Hotel to your Saves list
Los Prados Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2940 South Norfolk Street, San Francisco's International Airport Area, San Mateo, CA 94403-2018 (Formerly Best Western)   |
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in San Mateo
Redding, California
“Great place to stay if you are planning to go into SFO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel last minuet and I read all the reviews. Most of them were complaining and I was worried about what I was about to face. When we got there I realized it wasn't that bad. The lobby was clean and we got good service from our check-in. We got a room upstairs in the 2 building. The room was very clean and everything was very organized. It was great and very comfortable. The next morning we got up luckily there is a Denny's at walking distance. I would defiantly recommend this hotel to anyone. If your going with a group larger than 4 the room might get packed since you can get 2 queen sized beds. Other than that the second building is probably the quietest. I'm coming back to SFO in October and I'm defiantly booking this hotel again Keep up the good work!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

What inhale liked about this hotel in the past was that they allow me to check in early . But the last time I was there I felt it was in terrible shape . The rooms needed updating and if I were traveling with a family or a single women I might pass on it because of the lack if outside lighting .

• Stayed February 2013
Ashland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Not a fancy hotel, but for the price in this area was very acceptable. Breakfast buffet was better than many I've had. Bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean. Friendly staff. Denney's Restaurant next door. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sonoma County, Callifornia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Clean motel; near SFO with a good Park-n-Fly option and complimentary taxi to airport. Hot breakfast is OK but nothing to write home about. A major problem with our stay was that they didn’t put us in the room I’d reserved: I’m disabled and had reserved an accessible room. I didn’t realize the room we were given wasn’t accessible until I needed to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, sat down, and couldn’t get back up. When I told the front desk clerk about it the next morning, she checked our record, shrugged her shoulders, and said “That’s not an accessible room.” That’s all she said. I guess I would stay there again if I was flying out of SFO and needed parking, but I would certainly make sure they put me in an accessible room!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Redmond, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Boy, if only we knew the location.... Barely could sleep, because it is in the middle of a strip mall, people were constantly coming and going, revving the engines of their motorcycles. This hotel seems to be the base of some Asian airlines, pilots and stewardesses everywhere. Not the best neighborhood, either. Room was clean, dining area small, no hot breakfast. Way overpriced.

Room Tip: I don't really think there is a good room here.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed 2 nights, very warm welcome on Saturday night very late, internet access, I used the computer they have in the lobby to print my boarding passes. good breakfast, for the hotel; but I saw some people abusing of serving food, I understand that breakfast offered is limited and not all you can eat. the lady was very nice and helpful, the man at front desk was very professional both days when I arrived and when I checked out, he gave me useful information. rooms are clean and nice. I recommend this place like being home.

Room Tip: king bed second building
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Pacific Grove, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I rarely give bad reviews unless it's necessary to warn other travelers so that they do not have to suffer the same consequences I had to endure. I booked this hotel at the last minute because I needed someplace close to the airport to pick up my daughter and send her to camp. The first sign that it was a big mistake is when I checked in after 7 pm showing them my booking confirmation for a non-smoking room and was assigned to a smoking handicap room on the first floor. Luckily, I'm not a complainer so I let that slide. Having driven for 5 hours, I was tired and thought I'd nap before picking up dinner at the Dennys across the parking lot. I was awaken less than an hour by loud noises next door which continued on throughout the night. Apparently, there was a big party going on in the two doors next to mine. A group of people hung out in front of my room playing loud music, smoking & drinking. I phoned the front desk to complain and they said they'll ask them to quiet down. By 1 am the noise level became louder & continued to persist so I kept calling the front desk to complain explaining to them I'm a single woman traveling alone & I'm tired plus too scared to go out to eat eventhough I'm hungry. The gentleman at the front desk said he'd take care of it but nothing happened till dawn! I had fallen asleep with the lights & TV on to block out the noises. I waited till 6 am to pay a visit to the lobby and the same gentlemen who had been answering my calls of complaints throughout the night told me there was nothing he could do & that I should've just banged at their door myself to shut them up. Furthermore, the housekeeper & another clerk came to my assistance also fully aware of the noise & problems the other guests next door caused and that's when I found out I was the only other guest placed on that floor/side of the building when they had other empty rooms they should've offered me as compensation. After an unsatisfying breakfast, I canceled the remainder of my reservation and asked to speak to their manager. It wasn't until I reached the Best Western corporate offices online with my complaint did the manager finally return my numerous messages which was 2 days later to apologize. This is one of the most dreadful experience I've had and I no longer trust large chain hotels who cannot keep their standards of services consistent.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Los Prados Hotel? Share your experiences!