“Park and stay worked out but it gave me some concern” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Los Prados Hotel

You added Los Prados Hotel to your Saves list
Los Prados Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2940 South Norfolk Street, San Francisco's International Airport Area, San Mateo, CA 94403-2018 (Formerly Best Western)   |
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in San Mateo
“Park and stay worked out but it gave me some concern”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with their park and fly package. The package is priced well and the room provided a good nights sleep prior to my trip. However, on the day of my departure, I arrived early to the shuttle pick up area. Long story short, the shuttle never arrived. Fortunately, one the staff recognized a problem and managed to drive myself and another guest to the airport, in what I expect was her personal vehicle. So on the positive side, they were helpful, in that they got me to my flight, however, I wonder what happened to the shuttle. On my return trip, I called for my pick up and was told a taxi would come get me and that they would settle the fare once we arrived back to the hotel. This all worked perfectly but I still wonder if there is actually a shuttle as part of the park and fly package.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I regularly travel for business, and Best Western is the preferred hotel for our company. I've stayed at most Best Western hotels in California, and without a doubt this was one of my worst experiences.
Upon checking in, I was received poorly by the desk clerk, Julio and was made to feel as if I was interupting him by having him do his job to check me in (no one else was in the lobby). Further, the lobby reeked of smoke and was in sad shape.
Next, I was shuttled off to the back building (there are three, 3 story converted apartments that make up this hotel). The parking lot had many loiterers and I felt very uneasy about leaving my car in that lot.
The hotel smelled of rancid food or sour milk (especially in the stairwell and hallways).
The thermostat in my room did not work, nor did the iron.
I left a day early and found lodging elsewhere.

DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Pacific, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Well were do I start.. Room was 123 First floor - small balcony facing the parking lot

Monday night: No towels in the room, room was not what you expect from a Best Western. Had to go to the front desk and get towels and got a great roll of the eyes from the front desk clerk.

Tuesday morning: Shower did not work very well at all. Told the front desk they asked if I wanted a different room, I asked if they could just fix the shower she assured me yes.

Tuesday Night: Back from a long days work, Well I got one towel and one washcloth. Room was not cleaned to my standards. The bed was kinda made and I was missing a pillow? Again informed the front desk.. they assured all would be well tomorrow.

Wednesday Morning: Gave up on the breakfast just went to Denny's across the street
Wednesday Night: got back to the Hotel after a very long day, Entered my room and found it to be fairly clean and in good order.

Thursday Morning: Denny's again.. not much at the breakfast bar which is located in the third building.

Thursday night: Entered my room and was greeted to the Balcony door wide open.. Cautiously checked out the room and was relived to find that nothing was missing. I cant even begin to tell you how unhappy i was at this point.. Again went down stairs and told the night shift clerk what i had found.. he was very nice and was apologetic, I was told the manager was out of town.

I would not recommend this Hotel to anyone..Beware!

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you have to! This hotel was unsafe and not well managed
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
BWSM, Manager at Los Prados Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Mr. Keller:

We further apologize for your inconvenience with our breakfast as we are completely renovating our breakfast area which should be complete by the end of the month.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at (650) 341-3300.

Allison
Best Western San Mateo
Rosemead, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

The only thing I feel OK is the location. If you find something broken in the room, it is always your fault, and you will be charged. You even can't sit and have your breakfast since the dinning area is so tiny.

If you have no other choice, this hotel is better than nothing. Please ignore the messy and noisy surrounding area as the hotel has no responsibility for those either.

Room Tip: Choose 2nd floor with interior access rooms only.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
BWSM, Manager at Los Prados Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2012

Allison
BEST WESTERN San Mateo
Flagstaff, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

The size of the room should only have had a double bed, not a queen. The complimentary breakfast was good and served early enough to accommodate our needs. They have an airport shuttle, but one would still need a car because it is too far from the southern most BART station. The room also had a small refrigerator and microwave.

Room Tip: Small but clean. Forty minutes south of San Francisco.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
, Manager at Los Prados Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you again on your next visit.
Birmingham, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

We visited SF for 3 days and decided to rent a car, stay in San Mateo and drive to the city. The hotel was conveniently located, just off the major highways. Our room was very spacious and comfortable for a short stay. The refrigerator didn't work but not a big deal as we didn't use it. Staff was friendly and accommodating. The continental breakfast could have been better, but for what you pay and considering the location, it is decent. There is not much to do in San Mateo, but if you plan to drive around, this shouldn't bother you.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Biloxi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Great place to stay near the airport. We flew in early morning. Staff was very nice and helpful. My mother liked the fact they had glass cups and glasses. Room was comfortable and very clean. I would stay here again to be near airport.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Los Prados Hotel? Share your experiences!