“Arrival/Check-in” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Las Vegas, United States
“Arrival/Check-in”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We arrived at about 11:00pm and we were greeted by a smiling young lady. Since it was too late, the restaurant in the Hotel as well as the Room Service were already closed. With her assistance, we were able to find a restaurant that was still open (that late) and had our late dinner.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Temecula, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Stayed 3 separate stays over a month, with another 5 weeks coming up. Construction and re-model are not an issue and the rooms are nice. Rating is about front desk staff. Requested a wake-up call and the front desk did not enter it into the system. Was an hour and a half late to a meeting the next morning. Manager called me after I left a message, apologized and offered points - no points have been posted. At check in requested complimentary waters (based on HiltonHonors level)...front desk said they were in the room. They were not in the room - had to get them. Called the front desk about room service menu...front desk said the menu could be viewed on the room TV...it was not on the TV. TV hotel channel shows breakfast at the hotel is $14.95, breakfast is actually $16.33. Separately not big issues, but together becoming more noticeable for frequent traveler.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
dghudson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Gregg S,

I have spoken with all our front desk to remind them of the importance of wake up calls. I'm sorry your day got started off on the wrong foot.

You spoke with me after this particular stay and I contacted HHonors to double check your account. They tell me the points I submitted were posted. Please contact me directly if you do not see them in your account.

The room service menu is on all our TV's. I am considering going back to printed ones but it does not give us the freedom to update our menus as often as our electronic TV menu.

The breakfast cost is $14.95 plus California sales tax. We offer all you can eat cooked to order American breakfast. This includes omelets, bacon, sausage, potatoes, muffins, cereal, yogurt, coffee, juice, etc. Guests frequently tell me our breakfast is one of their favorites.

I see you have continued to stay with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should the need ever arise. We take pride in being the #1 hotel in San Mateo and would like to keep you as our guest.

(650) 356-6107
Derek.Hudson@Hilton.com
legrand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and 3 days for leisure. We have in past stayed here for last 4 years. It was a quiet, clean and fully accomading place that would come after going to Stanford medical for procedures. We are a Hilton Honor member enjoy courtyards models. This stay we were aware of the remodeling and temporary change area od dining. The new furniture for lobby and dining looks inviting. We were placed on first floor was a little noisy. The breakfast was still tasty and complements to cook for him able to make omelets in a small area. I love the complementary oatmeal bars in evening better tasty then cookies. We only had one mishap, left for the day the housekeeper cleared out the fridge and microwave accidently. We had refreshments, fruit and desserts gone. I am good organized clean guest all the time. Going in our room it would look like we had checked out. Our luggage was in closet. Our food in microwave and fridge.
I appreciated the desk clerk accomading by replacing our refreshments, unfortunately she was not able replace our fruit or dessert. There is great shopping plaza close by so I went to replace what I could. The only one thing in our room not working properly was bathroom fan. Overall we plan to continue staying at your hotel in future.
I love location, clean, value in price and staff always commanding in all situations =)

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
San Mateo, CA, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Noisy lobby contruction in April 2014. Restaurant is in Conference Room. Amenities (pool, fitness) blocked by construction. Hotel located near Bridgepoint Mall in San Mateo. Very convenient to Gilead.

St. Helena, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

This hotel was a great value for the money. There was construction in the lobby, but I was warned about it in an email before my stay. It is quiet and clean. I have stayed there in the past and will again.

Gilbert, AZ, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

...but was in the process of having the lobby/Restaurant renovated. I only found this out when I arrived. The checkin counter was a pair of folding tables off to the side. The "restauant" was relocated to a conference room and the "bar" was another folding table in the corner of that. I had to walk to another hotel nearby to enjoy the bar there. I was charged full rate without being able to really enjoy the hotel's amenities. On the plus side, the staff were all very pleasant and helpful. The renovations should be completed in another few weeks to a month.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

dghudson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Jonathan,

I want to personally thank you for sharing your stay with us. We do have a renovation notice posted on our website and have been emailing guests prior to arrival with pictures attached of our current progress. We want to make sure everyone is informed about the condition of our lobby prior to arrival so there aren't any surprises. I'm sorry you did not see that information.

I understand our lobby and restaurant’s presentation was a concern, as it is for us as well. We have been in the process of renovating the entire lobby. I’m sorry you were unable to enjoy our bar and that we couldn’t deliver a satisfactory level of service for you. I think you are really going to like what you see when it's done at the end of April. I do hope that the next time your travels bring you to the area you will stay with us and provide feedback about our new lobby. We would love to have you again. Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Email: Derek.Hudson@Hilton.com
Chicago, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Hotel Construction in progress, caused many problems Noisy, confusing, relocation of temporary restaurant and fitness center. Fitness Center a mess and most non functioning. Restaurant workable with excellent personnel ( only plus feature in hotel)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dayton,

Thank you for your comments on our restaurant and I’m sorry we were unable to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the construction noise you encountered during our lobby renovation. We are making every effort to get the work done quickly during daytime hours when most of our guests are out for the day in an attempt to minimize the impact. We anticipate the lobby to be complete by the end of April.

Our fitness center is fully operational with the exception of TV's on the cardio equipment. This area will also be put back in place by the end of April.

We hope you will consider staying with us again to see all the improvements.

Kind Regards,

Email: Derek.Hudson@Hilton.com

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo? Share your experiences!