“Good price and value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of San Mateo SFO Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added San Mateo SFO Airport Hotel to your Saves list
San Mateo SFO Airport Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   350 North Bayshore Blvd, San Mateo, CA 94401 (Formerly Comfort Inn Airport South)   |
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in San Mateo
“Good price and value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed here as part of my visit to Frisco. The price was just right for a person who has a car available.
I was commuting in and out of the city, but the price compensated for that.
The breakfast was good. Very close to the airport.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
obr2000
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very convinient if you arrive SF after a long haul flight or if you have get up for an early flight. The hotel is a bit outdated but clean. The highway is nearby but did not really causing any problems with regards of sleeping. The aircon unit is from the last century and very loud would not stay there in Summer

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Since its only about a 15 minute drive from the airport, this is a perfect hotel for anyone flying out of SFO. I stayed here for one night as my wife was flying out the next morning and it was perfect. The room was nice and the location was good too. There aren't many restaurants nearby, we had to hunt around for a Chinese restaurant that was a couple miles away in a residential neighborhood. We also went to downtown San Mateo which is about 15 minutes away (its not easy to get to if you don't know the area). The hotel is right off the 101 so getting onto and off of the freeway is no problem at all. The continental breakfast is a REAL breakfast, not just a cereal and a toaster. I would definitely stay here again the next time I fly out of SFO.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2014

I stayed here in July and gave the front desk $200 deposit when I check in. But they refused to give the deposit back to me when I check out.

What is worse is they kept lying to me about why they can't give my deposit back, the excuses I have heard are "the manager is not here", "We will give it back to you but it takes time for the company to issue a check", "the person who is in charge of this is on vacation", etc. All lies!

It has been 2 months and I made 5 visits to the hotel. I still haven't got my deposit back. It's ridiculous. I have never had such a bad experience with any hotels at the U.S.

The picture proof that that hotel owes me the deposit is attached in this comment.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Christchurch, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014

I stayed one night arriving from overseas and a continuing flight the next morning. It took a long time and a couple of calls to get the shuttle, but when it finally arrived it was all smooth from then on. Quick and friendly check-in. Spacious room, with a small kitchen, coffee making facilities. Comfortable bed. I had breakfast in the morning, which was OK, but very crowded (a larger dining area would be good). Wifi was good. I liked the location. Close to SFO and it was an easy walk to Coyote Point Recreational Area which is a good place to stretch your legs and relax on the waterfront, something I like after a long haul flight. The place looked a bit old and dated, but was generally clean.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
New Port Richey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2014

This was an excellent place to stay, its part of Holiday Inn Express located next door, great bed, room, you can not beat the hot full breakfast everymorning, free. Front desk persons are the most professional people you will ever meet. Our rate was great 3 nites for $267.00 plus tax of 12%

Room Tip: choose a room facing court yard or parking lot, not facing N. Bayshore Bld. It is a quick trip to ce...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2014

I waited shattle bus after I arrived airport. but I took a taxi because I couldn't know which bus I had to use.
this hotel near the holliday inn.
I wish I had to use holliday inn shattle bus..

breakfast is good!
room is so clean!
I could be comfortable !!
but I don't like shower this room.because low water pressure in this shower gets on my nerves.

• Stayed August 2014

Been to San Mateo SFO Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!