“> than average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of San Mateo SFO Airport Hotel

Save Saved
You added San Mateo SFO Airport Hotel to your Saves list
San Mateo SFO Airport Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   350 North Bayshore Blvd, San Mateo, CA 94401 (Formerly Comfort Inn Airport South)   |
Ranked #11 of 14 hotels in San Mateo
Honolulu, Hawaii
“> than average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

- Shuttle does not operate from midnight to 4 am.
- I very much appreciate the front desk (Juliet) helping me get to hotel without having to take taxi (because of mistaken inference by other employee about shuttle operation early in the morning.)
- Older facility but it has all the necessities i.e. coffee maker, refrig, flat screen, etc. and roomy enough for "dining table" for two and easy chair.
- Basic free morning breakfast.
- Bed and pillows a plus/comfy.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Clean but very run down place. No Internet connection during the day or night. (I had to go to an other hotel lobby to get online) Very disappointing the internet connection! TV is cutting out when watching. Water in the shower is running very slow, takes forever to have a shower.
Front desk staff are very cold and not really interested in the customer. Not even ask how my stay was as I checked out.
Housekeeping staff have been very friendly and helpful.
In the lobby was a dying plant on a site table all week. (see pics) Definitely NO attention to detail.
Not very good value for money.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
FOM_HISanMateo, Front Office Manager at San Mateo SFO Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear BillyN,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the San Mateo SFO Airport Hotel. We would like to thank you for your feedback on the service you received, as it does help us to retrain our staff when they are not providing the level of service that is expected. We have just upgraded our wireless internet systems, and are looking forward to the renovations that will be happening later this year which will greatly improve the experience our guests will experience. We hope that we will get the chance to have you stay with us again, and show you the level of service that we are capable of delivering to our guest.

Travis N
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

It really hurts me when i write this revew..i booked this place for Feb 25th till Feb 27th for work and i did not even have a Wifi connection that was working. I called the front desk and they gave me a reason that many people are using wifi and thats why i am not getting the connection...i was like is that a reason ???? I pay for the room and i get a response like this is not acceptable..and then they ask me to work in the lobby if i really want to get connected..i was like then y do i have to pay for the room i can as well go to star bucks and work... I am planning to check out on 26th so my stay and work is not affected.
I wish i could give a negative rating for this hotel. On complaining they said they can give me 10% back thats like 15$ for a 151 $ stay which is really pathetic ..I would never ever recommend this hotel to anyone...THE WORST STAY I EVER HAD.. i have stayed in many places before and have never ecperienced this!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear NishaT,

Thank your for your review of your stay with us. We would like you to know that he have just upgraded our entire wireless internet system in the hotel, which is providing higher speeds and better connectivity in our guest rooms and public areas. While we did offer you a discount, we also did not charge you for the second night when you checked out early. We hope that in the future, you will give us another chance to show you the level of service that we are capable of providing to our guests.

Cheers!

Travis N.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

My title sums it all up. This is pretty much a no frills airport hotel but they have a very decent sized room with a very comfortable bed, recently renovated bathrooms, bath and body works toiletries, complimentary tea, coffee, a fridge, coffee machine and a microwave. Am very satisfied with this hotel overall and would recommend it to anyone who is looking to stay near the airport

• Stayed February 2014
northern Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Yes, this is an old Comfort Inn, and a little shabby around the edges. But it doesn't deserve the bad reviews it has received, IMHO.

While I'd agree that it isn't worth $200 a night, I paid well south of $100, and for what I paid, it was well worth it. The front desk staff were polite and friendly, there is ample free parking, the room was clean and quiet, and the mattress was just as comfortable as one in a more expensive Hampton Inn or HI Express. Yes, the water pressure in the shower wasn't great, but the towels were far better than you'd get in a Motel 6.

If you're looking for a full service hotel/motel, this isn't your place. But if you just need a room the night before your flight out of SFO, you'd be crazy to pay twice as much at the surrounding establishments - unless you really need the extras they offer.

Room Tip: make sure you aren't on the 101 freeway side - I suspect those rooms are noiser.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Halls120,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the San Mateo SFO Airport Hotel. We have been working to upgrade furniture and the linens in the guest rooms. We are looking forward to our renovations later this year which will provide an entirely different experience for our guests. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Cheers!

Travis N.
Bandon, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I found this Hotel (really a poorly repainted Motel 6 wannabe). Through Hotel Tonight. Paid over $200 including tax. Other customers reported rates much lower. There is no onsite cafe. The cafe in the adjoining hotel serves this property. Three of us at the bar ordered dinner. Two meals were not edible. Cafe did not charge for mistakes. They offered to cook something else. We refused as the bread was toasty on the outside and frozen in the middle. Shrimp uncooked and fettucini overloaded with chunks of garlic. We watched the chef in action. Would have loved to tip him for his performance. He was frantic. I would love to take the currrent staff and retrain them with ethical business practices. Our room had an intermittent flashing light on the entry light switch that disturbed my sleep. I finally covered it with tape. Coffee maker failed. Fridge was off . If you get this motel for under $80 you will get full value.

Room Tip: Look at the room first. Make sure the elevator works before you use it. Try to avoid highway side...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

My tour group brought us to the hotel. The lobby was separated from the hotel wing and we had to lug our luggages into the cramped and small hallway. Stayed at the west wing. The room was nice and clean. It has a microwave much to our relief.
The place is closed to hotel and maybe silicon valley but from tourist attraction it is quite far to go anywhere else. Other than that if you dont mind the travel its quite ok to be here. There is free wifi as well

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to San Mateo SFO Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!