“Positive experience.” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Temecula, California
“Positive experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I’m writing this as a credit to the front desk people at this Holiday Inn.
My friends stayed in this holiday inn for few nights in December. Its a beautiful Inn. It was great to see such friendly staff as well. I’m always nicely greeted there. When ever we came back to the hotel in the evening we happen to see Rema, the front desk agent, with another agent named Forice.-sp? They are very pleasant, upbeat, cheerful & very good. Nice to see a person give costumer service, and it is appreciated. The rooms that we stayed in were large, and neat and clean. The WiFi coverage was not that great, in fact, I read that there is problem with the WiFi. In future visits, when ever I come to this town, This is my first choice .I As of yet I haven’t, but I will try the restaurant. I recommend this hotel to my family & friends. We all enjoyed staying in this hotel very much. We all went for a nice walk at the coyote point. Besides the restaurant in the hotel, there was no other very good restaurants in the area within walking distance. The neighborhood seemed safe, there was free parking, close to freeway.
We’ll be back to Holiday Inn & Suites.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large & sunny.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
San Mateo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I’m a regular business traveler and have had several stays at the San Mateo Holiday Inn and Suites. My experience has always been a positive one. The hotel is clean and quiet and the rooms are comfortable and spacious. The staff is friendly and attentive. Rema, the front desk manager, is always helpful and courteous and has made my visits to this hotel a pleasant experience. The lobby restaurant is a great place to go for a good meal with great service. I would definitely recommend this hotel to business colleagues and friends.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Stayed there for a couple of nights when there were no rooms available in Palo Alto. A nice hotel, nice room, nice shower, pleasant service. Parking available. Close to freeway. Nothing extraordinary - as expected.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
FOM_HISM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear nettads,

Thank you for reviewing your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your room and the service provided by all of our team members. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the SFO area.

Happy Holidays!
Travis N.
Front Office Manager
Salinas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I had a block of 18 rooms at the next door hotel San Mateo SFO Airport Hotel, but arranged a late night get together at the Holiday Inn. The staff accommodated me by extending its closing hour to midnight along with providing a wonderful, fresh and delicious buffet for 60 guests. This was an "after party" after a boxing event so I didn't know exactly when we would arrive. The manager suggested I call a half an hour before our arrival so that he could be certain the food was fresh and hot when we arrived. It was perfect. The staff was excellent. The next door hotel is managed by the same group, and it also had a wonderful staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Foresthill, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We originally had 2 in our room, but another couple joined us so they upgraded us to a 2 bedroom suite for a nominal fee. Because it was going to be a 3 night stay, I thought they would have stocked the "kitchenette", but I was mistaken. Thankfully, we brought our own plastic utensils, paper plates, glasses, even napkins! There was nothing to do dishes with. There was a small coffee maker, small microwave and small refrigerator. Those were very helpful, but not what I would have expected.
As for the bathroom, every day I had to call for additional towels because they would only leave 3 bath towels for 4 people.
Other than the above, the room was alright. The bed was VERY comfortable!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
FOM_HISM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Vanessa K,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again when you're in the San Mateo or SFO areas.

Happy Holidays!

Travis N
Front Office Manager
Brasileia, AC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

This is a nice hotel and well run by its managers. If you are looking for this class of hotel, close and convent to both the city and the airport, then you can't go wrong with the Holiday-Inn hotel in San Mateo. Plenty of places around the hotel to get a bite to eat. And great running along the bay if you're looking to get a work-out in.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Stuck at SFO until tomorrow which is how I ended up here. I called the hotel from the pickup area at the airport and the shuttle van was there within less than 10-minutes. Check-in was a bit of a hassle but not unpleasant. I waited 15 minutes in line to get checked in to a room. The lobby was very small. The entry carpet needed to be vacuumed badly but the lobby was clean and bright.
I arrived too late by mere minutes to eat in their bistro restaurant, however Manuel (who was cleaning up in the restaurant) was wonderful. I told him of the hectic day I had and though the restaurant was closed and the chef had just left, he took the time to piece together what he could for me to eat so that I could return to my room to rest. Manuel was just the positive customer service experience I needed after such a challenging day.
The hallways to the rooms were very clean as was the small elevator. This Holiday Inn has been renovated quite nicely. The room was spacious and clean with a very nice and open bathroom and a small kitchen table with 2 chairs. There was no refrigerator or microwave in the room. There were some stains on the carpet in my room but nothing too bad. Though the bedding was clean, the decorative mattress box covers were very dirty on both beds, with several obvious stains. Out of place and gross, especially with everything else being so clean.
There's laundry facilities on the main floor ($1.25 to wash and $1.25 to dry). There's ice machines as well as vending machines on each floor and all of the public areas were clean and tidy.
It is true what the reviews state about the free wifi; It boots you off every couple of minutes and you spend most of your time online re-entering the access code and logging back in.
There is nothing in the area by way of a grocery store or a place to eat within a decent walking distance (aside from their restaurant on site). I ventured out to walk the 10-minutes they said it would take to reach a CVS and a Safeway, but after only a few minutes I returned to the hotel as I didn't feel safe walking in the area.
This hotel is directly off of the freeway and though I could see the freeway from my room, I could not hear any noise. This hotel seems to have proper insulation as I did not hear any guests in surrounding rooms.
Overall this hotel was better than I expected.

• Stayed November 2013

Been to Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO? Share your experiences!