“Efficient Business Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in San Mateo
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Efficient Business Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week to attend a conference and visit our local office. The hotel is a lot bigger than the pictures make you believe but the atmosphere is of a small hotel. There is a welll stocked little shop with Starbucks and the California Grill restaurant is good too. The gym is split into two ans open 24/7 and there is a 7/11 and Trader Joe's nearby. Great!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
WarmRegards, General Manager at San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Matthijs2517,

We are very excited to receive your great review! Thank you for choosing to stay at our Marriott property during your recent business trip to our area. Your compliments are greatly appreciated! We do hope your travels bring you back to see us again in the near future.

Best Regards,
John Parker, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Although I will probably return to this hotel on furture trips to the area, my last trip made me feel like something was lacking. I think that it was the personal feeling I used to get when staying there in the past.
Circumstances had prevented me from staying here for about a year but prior to that I would stay there for three or four nights at least ince each quarter.
I would always pay for a room with the Concierge servce and would always be treated like a welcome , returning guest upoon check in.
On my trip of two weeks ago I felt like I was being treated as a first time guest of the hotel, and when I asked if I was getting the Concierge service the desk clerk stated, " you only get that if you are a gold member or higher. You are only a silver memeber." His tone made me feel like I had just asked for an audiance with the Pope. When I explained to him that I was a frequent guest of the hotel prior he said, " I guess that I can allow you Concierge service for this one time only, but this is a special favor I am giving you and you will not get it again at your level." Not too professional at all.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
WarmRegards, General Manager at San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Jimc82,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for your continued patronage to the San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport. We sincerely apologize for the less than impressive level of service you received on your recent stay. Thank you for providing us with these important details, as your insight assists us in recognizing where we are succeeding and where improvements are needed. We have shared your comments with our staff and have taken the corrective action to ensure this does not happen again. Please know that our guests are always our top priority. Again, we are sorry for failing to deliver the superior Marriott customer service level that you deserve and have come to enjoy at our hotel. it is our hope that we will continue to have the pleasure of calling you our loyal guest. Thank you for your review.

North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I just stayed here for 3 days of meetings in Redwood Shores and would stay here again. Very easy, convenient Marriott. Nothing amazing, nothing terrible, pretty much what I would expect from a good solid Marriott. Cardio room had good equipment but was a bit crowded and stuffy but no complaints. Breakfast buffet was exactly what you would expect as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
WarmRegards, General Manager at San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear EJG4,

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you would stay again. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Although, we appreciate your recommendation of our good, solid Marriott, it is always our goal to exceed our guests expectations. Please keep in mind for your next visit, that we are available 24/7 to assist in any way we can to ensure your comfort. We look forward to having you as our guest again to deliver the impressive stay that you deserve.

Nevada City, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have stayed here before and it has been a nicer experience. The room was not really clean, the toilet and desk area were dirty. The heating system was very noisy and just seemed to blow air and make noise but not do much to heat the room. It blew the whole night. The alarm went off at 4:15 am. The cable TV could not receive NBC, HBO, and ESPN2 as the picture broke up and did not resolve. The other channels worked fine.

I was tired and only staying one night and discovered all these things over time. If I had discovered them all at once when I came into the room, I would have asked for a new room and I am sure they would have given me one. The hotel seemed empty. The was on Jan 2nd and maybe the regular cleaning staff was off. The bed was quite comfortable as usual and the front desk was courteous and efficient. But, it was not a four star hotel experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
WarmRegards, General Manager at San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear MobileTraveler30,

Thank you for choosing to return to our hotel. It is extremely disappointing to hear that your recent stay was less than impressive than your first experience. You are correct; it would have been our pleasure to relocate you into another room. Please accept our apologies and know that we welcome any opportunity to assist in making your stay a comfortable and enjoyable one. We have taken all of your comments seriously and have immediately followed up with our staff. It is our hope that you will decided to return. We would appreciate the opportunity to deliver the exceptional experience that you deserve!

Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Everything that makes Marriott Marriott: Consistant, clean, and good food. NO surprises, even better! Only negative is the shared (Hyatt) shuttle to and from SFO, if you miss it you are in for a loooong wait! Hotel offers good views of the the bay and airport. Lobby restaurant offers some of the best food any Marriott!

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, but the inside facing rooms are a bust view wise (ask for bay or airport).
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Paris_Junkie,

We can't help but be excited to receive your wonderful feedback! It is very rewarding to hear that we are consistent in delivering what Marriott Hotel brands symbolize; quality service, comfort and value. Thank you for sharing a few traveling tips with other travelers. We are certain they will be helpful. We appreciate your review and hope your travels bring you back soon!

Best Regards,
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Marriott, like a good stock, rarely disappoints and is very consistent in its earnings. Such is the staff and accomodations at the Marriott San Francisco Airport. . . .they are always on their game. I had several invited guests join me for a conference in the city--but the service and quality of this property is an excellent value. More importantly, the staff (Cliff, Angie and all the front desk representatives) are truly first class.

Whether it's a trip to the city or Silicon Valley, stay where you're wanted and appreciated. This Marriott property is a good investment.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mike_Adventure,

Your review and fantastic compliments on our Marriott excellence are greatly appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to recognize our efforts in consistently providing you with a quality experience and exceptional customer service. We truly enjoy what we do and understand that it's our job to always be on our game. Once again, your 5 star rating and review are appreciated by our entire staff. We will look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I've stayed here off and on for the past 10 years, for my business travels in the Bay Area. This place has never disappointed me. The staff has changed over the years by the hotel continues to be the best place I stay at nationally. The staff is genuinely happy to be working and are all very natural in their quest to provide service. It's nice to have staff treat you in a warm genuine way. The hotel is sweaty clean and well maintained. Food in their restaurant is great. The hotel is HUGE and spread out,

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear OCTodd,

We truly appreciate your continued patronage and are honored to be the best hotel you've stayed at in the nation! Thank you for recognizing how dedicated our staff is and how much we truly enjoy making your experience a comfortable and enjoyable one! We are thrilled to be your favorite Marriott and look forward to your return!

Warm Regards,
John Parker, General Manager

Been to San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport? Share your experiences!