“Gem in San Mateo” 5 of 5 stars

(650) 348-8164
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Vault 164 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 361 Restaurants in San Mateo
denver
“Gem in San Mateo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I took a party of 12 to dinner here based on TA and Yelp reviews. The place has a cool, hip atmosphere and great food. Lots on interesting beers on tap. I stuck to cocktails, which were great. No one had a complaint, from salmon to risotto to baked alaska for dessert. All excellent and fairly priced compared to other popular places in town. This could be good for any size party, but I can confirm it was perfect for our size group.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Half Moon Bay, California
“A Decent Place For Lunch, But Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

OK, I love to find "special places" and unique food experiences. I think my reviews express that. Vault 164 was neither unique nor special. The service was fine, the burger was fine, the fries were fine, and the price was fine. It was a nice place to have lunch with an old friend. I do not mean that as a "dis" but as a fact. You can have a nice meal here but it will not be a great one or a "light my fire" one. Not one where you will say "wow this was the best meal of my life." I would eat here again if I had the chance, but with the expectation that it would be OK and not much more than that.

• Visited November 2013