“Yummy, but a bit $$$” 4 of 5 stars

Cross street: El Camino Real
San Francisco
“Yummy, but a bit $$$”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I had the tuna tartar and a salad. The tuna was packed full of flavor and I totally loved it!
The salad was a salad... nothing overly special. I'd go back again sometime for a glass of wine and the tuna. But it's a bit pricey for regular visits.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Alicia P, Owner at Astaria, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thanks so much for your review. I'm glad that you thought the tuna tartar was packed with flavor. We make sure to select fresh and seasonal ingredients from local farmers and ranchers so that everything tastes flavorful. I understand that the ahi is expensive, but it is Sashimi grade. We defiintely try to balance out our menu to offer items at all different price points so that guests can enjoy the astaria experince no matter what their budget might be. Try our happy hour. It is daily from 4:00-6:30 and all day on Monday. You will ge able to try a number of our appetizers at almost half price and our house wine is only $5.25/glass. If you are a wine lover, we offer 1/2 off all of our botled wine all day onTuesdays. I hope you're able to dine with us again soon!

Best,

Scottsdale
“Wish this place was in my town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My absolute only complaint is that this restaurant is not in our town so that we could eat there very regularly. The menu is very inviting and we had trouble deciding it all sounded so good. My wife ordered the pork tenderloin which was done in a honey balsamic glaze and was delicious. I had the best barbecued boneless short rib I've ever had anywhere. I changed the accompaniment from creamed corn to bacon fried yukon gold potatoes which were awesome. Both our portions were very generous. It happened to be tuesday night when wine is half price so we took advantage of this also. Every single thing about Astaria was perfect..... now if they would only expand to Arizona.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alicia P, Owner at Astaria, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thanks so much for your review Peter. I'm so happy to hear that you and your wife loved your dinner. Our focus is using ingredients with integrity and preparing them with the same care. What else did you want to try from the menu? If it ships well overnight I'd be happy to send it to go :). I hope you get a chance to visit us again the next time you're in California!

Take care,
Alicia, Chef, Co-Owner
“Quiet, Neighborhood Jewel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Good food, nice atmosphere and good service. My husband enjoyed his steak with a very tasty sauce while I enjoyed the Asian salad. Worth checking out.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Alicia P, Owner at Astaria, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thanks so much for your review! I'm glad that you and your husband enjoyed your meal. We make sure to order all our meat and produce from local farms and ranches so that everything tastes fresh. The next time you're in the neighborhood, please make sure to stop by!

All the best,
Foster City, California
“Great for brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

So far I have only been to Astaria for a Sunday Brunch, but given the quality of the food I would imagine it would be a great place for any meal. My friend and I split an order of the steak and eggs and also an order of the banana-stuffed brioche french toast. Both were exceptional! They also had $4 mimosas during brunch. I am bringing my mother-in-law here for brunch on Mother's day. This place is very nice-upscale and the food is delicious!

Visited April 2012
california
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Was invited to an event at Astaria, and had never dined there before. Everything was delicious. Great flavors, tender meat, and served hot. The service was nice as well. I would definately return when in the area.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alicia P, Owner at Astaria, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad to hear that we left a great first impression. Which dishes did you try? The next time you're in San Mateo, please make sure to stop by!

All the best,