“Maybe it was an off night” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Greenbelt, Maryland
“Maybe it was an off night”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We tried this restaurant based on a recommendation from a family member. My family was definitely not impressed. We ordered several items to go and everything was hot and looked good but, one we got it home it all tasted bland. Two of our dishes were wrong. We ordered combination lo mein that only contained two pieces of chicken and sauteed string beans that for some reason contained more chicken than vegetables even though I just ordered plain string beans.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Oakland, California
“good chinese food and good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wife and I ate there last night. The food was served promptly and was very good. My wife had their steamed fish specialty. It was very good and tasty. I had one a mixed medly of sea food, beef, chicken pork and vegetables. It was spciy and very tasty. It was not expensive.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“A Wonderful Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My son and I were ending a father-son trip and planned to eat at the Noodle Shop based on Trip Advisor's ratings. Unfortunately, when we arrived, it was closed. However, right across the street we saw the Fortune Star. It wasn't busy, but we found the food and service to be excellent, particularly in comparison to the disappointing Four Seas in Chinatown. I had the sea bass which was recommended to me by a very nice lady who is a regular customer of the restaurant. It was one of the best fish dishes that I've had in a Chinese restaurant in years. The prices are reasonable and the serving staff very nice. A very nice conclusion to a wonderful trip to the Bay Area.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Great food, friendly owners, right prices (especially at lunch)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

Fortune Star has long been a favorite of my families. We enjoy dishes such as the Kung Pao Chicken, Szechuan Chicken, Hot & Spicy Braised Chicken, Bao Bao Sampler, or Lemon Chicken.

At lunch, for $6-$7, you'll get a heaping plate or to go container with rice/appetizer/entree choice/soup. Our daughter enjoys lunch specials because she gets a little bit of everything.

The owners are very friendly and kind, we've been a frequent enough visitor that they'll give us free appetizers or desserts randomly. I like the potstickers quite a bit, as they have a hint of ginger that just sets them apart.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Natick, Massachusetts
“One of the better chinese restaurants in the area, with decent prices.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2008

One of the better chinese restaurants in the area, with decent prices.