“amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 13 hotels in San Mateo
san jose
“amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2010

Okay so I decided to just have a litle romantic get away...and let me tell you, this hotel exceeded my expectations...since the moment I checked in, I was amazed by the manager's excellent service...the rooms are huge, trendy and definitely more than what you pay for. I will defenetly come back and stay, I truly enjoyed my stay there!!!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

178 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2010

I am Jingyu W. I am from Chicago I had a trip to San Francisco. Well I have to say that the room is perfect, is warm and clean, it has microwave in the room, which is a big advantage. The bed is soft and comfortable. The room keeper is kind and nice. They have separate breakfast room and there are toast, doughnut, apple, banana, hot coffee, milk.etc. I had a wonderful trip there

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
san francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

I loved the room and the decor of this place. It also feels and smells very homely. Its a very neatly kept place and the service is very punctual. The breakfast was good too. The TV comes with HBO and other great channels. Its a convenient place on El camino real and very close to hillsdale shopping complex, the airport and SF downtown.
The owners are very cordial and helpful. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and would come here again if I am in the town again.
And I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone. 4 stars for less money.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Califonia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2009

We found Stonevilla Inn on the internet. Couldn't make it for the 1:00 check in time
had a bit of a distance to drive .
So I called to say we would be a few hours late the person I spoke to was very kind and said no problem we could check in when we arrived .
When we arrived we found the room to be like the photo on the website.
It was clean ,had nice modern furniture , free WiFi , fridge ,microwave, T.V.,
and free breakfast. We had a great stay and will stay here again when we come out to San Mateo again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2009

This was a great place to stay after we flew into SFO. We got there late in the evening and we had a great, comfy room waiting for us on arrival. The owner was working the front desk when we arrived and was very friendly. Our room was right next to the stairs so I was a little nervous about noise, but we didn't hear anyone on the stairs at all! Even though it is close to a fairly busy road, we hear no road noise either. We had a comfortable king size bed in a very tastefully decorated room, with a refrigerator and good water pressure in the shower. I can't believe what we got for the price. Overall, a great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Fullerton, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

We stayed here for a few nights for work-reasons in San Mateo. The price was the best we could find in the area. The inn is really pretty much a remodelled/upgraded motel. The upgrades look very cute with the color scheme and furnitures, but you don't have to examine too closely to notice all the poor quality of the furnitures and the upgrades. Toilet seat cover doesn't fit quite right, some of the molding doesn't match up, the chair's a little bit crooked. Also there were cigarette burn holes in the duvet covers and furniture. The location is great, near downtown San Mateo & near freeways. The street is pretty busy though (which makes it difficult to turn into the driveway), the first night I stayed up at night from hearing every single car that zooms by on the street (even with window closed), after that I guess I got used to the sound. So try requesting a room farther from the street if you can. Breakfast is fair, the typical coffee, juice, bagles, toast, fruits. The room has microwave, a mini fridge, and a walk-in closet, which is nice. Free wi-fi is a plus!! I think as a motel, I'd rate it a 4 out of 5 star, but as a hotel/inn, i'd rate it a 3 star.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2009

During a recent business trip I stayed at this recently refurbished motel for 3 nights. The rooms are well done & feels very comfortable. The price included free Wi-Fi and a satisfying breakfast. The motel is very close to downtown San Mateo and many good restaurants in the neighborhood and its proximity to the airport makes is attractive

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to Stone Villa Inn San Mateo - San Francisco SFO? Share your experiences!