“Ok for the money but a few problems.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book Direct and Save!
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in San Mateo
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Ok for the money but a few problems.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here after a long drive from Santa Monica. It looked nice and the room (Queen) was a very good size with a large very comfortable bed, big flat screen TV. A few niggling problems. The shower head is very low. I'm tall so it's not a complaint as such but I havn't had the problem in other places. What is not so good is the noise from the aircon outside, the strong smell in the reception and the smell of detergent In the room. Unacceptable points were the huge pair of yellowing granny pants we found when checking the room as we left and the bottle of KY I found in the draw next to the bible!! The place is good value but the management need to tighten up their act a bit. The breakfast is a bit take it or leave it as well. Put it this way, we were starving when we left but opted for hunger. Enough Said.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I was to California on vacation for 1 week and I stayed in 4 hotels (Candlewood, Holiday Express, Stone Villa Inn and Red Roof). I have booked Deluxe Queen with Stone Villa Inn. Everything was excellent and way better than the other hotels I stayed, with the price being nearly half compared to other hotels I stayed at. Even the breakfast was way better with multiple options compared to the others. It was family owned and maintained very well. I would strongly recommend staying there if visiting SFO (it's 30 min drive).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Everything is overpriced in the Bay area, but this place is actually reasonable. The rooms are updated and some other posts talk about the beds being very firm, which they are. The walls are thin and you can hear your neighbors all around. I would recommend a room upstairs. The second story walkway is impossible to walk on without being heard downstairs. The breakfast was not good. Instant coffee and cereal.

Call the hotel and get the rate and then check prices on Expedia, etc.

It's an ok place to stay when you have to pay your own expenses when traveling for business. I wouldn't take my family along to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed here on business.I travel frequently. This review is based on my experiences in the bay area. Curb appeal was very nice. the flower gardens are a nice touch and well taken care of in the front of the facility and also throughout the common areas, new parking lot which was freshly painted along with the entire building , appearance was very nice. Check in was fast and simple the management was very kind and helpful. The room was very clean and newly remodeled with a very comfortable upscale office chair,large desk, new 39" flat screen TV (much larger than most hotels) new lamps with the plastic still on the shades i must say these rooms must've been remodeled within the week it was very nice exceeded my expectations for the price for the area. In regards to "price" I decided to take advantage of the "call for special rates" listed on the website as opposed to using a GDS I'm glad I did I got an excellent rate! The bed was very comfortable I slept very well! the location was great too offering free private secured parking on a new parking lot. walking distance to several different style restaurants and pubs. the Airport is very close only 6 miles away and it's just 30 minutes to San Francisco or San Jose! 5 stars for the value of my experience at this hotel and I will definatley return to Stone Villa Inn when visiting the Bay area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
San Mateo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Great stay and nice play. Dont forget to bring you ps3 cause it is a nice lcd tv. I would stay here again..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Great location outside San fran near a really good shopping centre. Great shower and the room was nicely done out. Breakfast was fine but the pastries ran out on both days we were there. I would stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and arrived late on a Sunday night, without a reservation and after having no luck finding a hotel in San Fransisco. It was around 11pm, the owner was the BEST. He gave us a king sized bed for the price of a queen, and he even allowed us to pay the same amount the next day when we decided we wanted to stay one more night. Good free breakfast, super fast wi-fi, and the room was super clean and well decorated. Definitely one of the best deals/stays I've ever had at a hotel. Perfect for travelers and those looking for a spot to stay while visiting the bay area.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Stone Villa Inn San Mateo - San Francisco SFO? Share your experiences!