“My stay @Extended Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in San Mateo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
“My stay @Extended Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed one month in this hotel. Its a nice stay for me as all staff members are friendly and co-operative for all your queries. Its a very nice place to stay. One can enjoy free internet and tv with selective channels. Very clean and immediate response to your any concern will be greatly appreciated.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America San Mateo. It is so gratifying to get such great reviews from guests such as yourself. We are so happy to hear that our staff was helpful to your during your stay with any needs or concerns, we pride ourselves on providing clean, comfortable accommodations coupled with outstanding guest service. It sounds as if you really enjoyed your stay with us. This is what we are about, stay after stay! I hope that you will come stay with us again should your travels bring you back to the area or that of any of our over 680 locations nationwide. With our thanks, the Management at Extended Stay America San Mateo.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The refrigerator's noise apparently didn't wake me cause I slept through the nite. The reception staff was friendly and checked me in quickly. The room was clean, the kitchenette convenient to heat up some soup and make some toast. NO bed bugs found!

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Our sincere thanks to you for such a nice review about your stay at Extended Stay America San Mateo. I am so glad to hear that you found our rooms to be just what you needed for your stay while in town. Our newly refreshed guest rooms with the kitchens tend to be an added comfort and convenience for all our guests more so than a regular hotel room. It is very nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to get a good nights rest. We thank you again for your nice words and hope that you will return to visit us should you be back in our area again. With Hospitality, The Management at Extended Stay America San Mateo.
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Probably the nicest extended stay we've ever stayed in with the best staff. Completely remodeled and clean.

Free internet is a huge plus as we usually have to pay....limited cable selection though does have Showtime.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
We would like to offer our sincere thanks for your kind words about your stay with us at Extended Stay San Mateo, California. It is so nice to hear that people are taking notice and enjoying the freshly appointed accommodations of all our hotels throughout the nation. We pride ourselves on providing clean comfortable rooms all at a great value. We also indeed now provide complimentary Wi-Fi accessibility with the option to purchase higher bandwidth for just 1.00 a day. We feel that our guests comfort and satisfaction are key to our continued success as a hospitality provider. Thank you so much again for your kind review, we hope that you will stay with us again should you be back in our area or that you visit any one of our other 680 locations nationwide. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay San Mateo.
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed six days in this hotel with my friend. Past three days, I found bed bugs bite my neck ,arms ,and fingers.
And I found two pieces of bed bugs on my bed and pillow. I killed them.
we called front office ,and changed another room.
I was so upset and feel so bad. My shin was getting red and itch by bed bugs bites.
we asked talk to the manager, but they did not say anything.
I will never stay this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Keiko - Thank you for posting feedback about your stay at our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide 100% guest satisfaction, which is why I am so disheartened to hear of the issues you experienced during your visit. We work hard to provide clean rooms and great beds to all of our guests; however, it seems that we were unable to do that for you.

Please know that I am working with the staff now to ensure that a situation like yours does not happen again in the future. It would be great to have you stay with us again to show you the efforts begin made. Please contact us directly for a reservation should you choose to give us another chance.
Centreville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Out of 7 hotels on a 10-day trip from LA to San Francisco, this was the worst hotel, and I was bitten by bedbugs. It's so basic, it didn't even have a soap dish; I had to use a coffee mug. Decor and linens are out of date, and last but not least--there were bedbugs. The front office staff was great during the stay, but when I called to report the bedbugs after I had gotten home, I didn't even get an apology or offer for a credit. It only cost $89.00/night, but I should have paid a little extra. Never again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Mary - We appreciate you posting a review about your stay at our hotel. I apologize that your stay at our hotel was not a comfortable one and am disheartened to hear that our staff was unable to provide you with 100% guest satisfaction. Please know, with your review in mind, I have spoken with each member of the team, reviewing cleanliness standards, room set-up checklists and customer service guidelines. We are going to work hard to improve.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future. We look forward to having the chance to show you our redoubled efforts. For a reservation, please contact us directly.
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I had reserved a nonsmoking room with a king bed and sofa sleeper. We got to the room and there was only a king bed. We had 4 people with us and there was no way for us to all sleep together. We had to stay in the room that night since it was about 11pm and the front office was closed. I called the after hours number and they told me to check with front desk in the morning for a different room. I got a new room at about 3pm the next day since they had to clean it. We got to the room and it was a smoking room. The smell was horrible. We stayed there anyways since they told me there weren't any other rooms available. We left last Sunday and just yesterday we woke up to bed bug bites on our necks, arms and back. This is the first time this has happened to us. We thought they were spider bites. Needless to say I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here due to bed bugs.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
David - We appreciate you posting a review about your stay at our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings for all of our guests to enjoy. It seems that we were unable to do so in your case, and for that I am truly sorry.

Please know that our housekeeping staff is held to extremely high standards when it comes to cleanliness. Our company policy is to clean guest rooms every 7-days, and in between upon guest request for a minimal fee, as well as once a guest checks out of the hotel. Managers are then tasked with inspecting the rooms. By following these procedures, we can ensure that our guests are entering rooms which are guaranteed to be clean and comfortable. You have my sincerest apologies that we did not meet these expectations with you and your family.

In response to your feedback, I have met with the entire staff to review cleaning and inspection procedures as well as coached them on professionalism. It is our goal to use your remarks as a way to improve our overall processes.

We hope that you will give us another chance, and stay at our hotel again in the future. We also have a myriad of locations which you can stay at around the U.S. and Canada. Either way, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly should you have any further questions.
Abilene, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I received a voicemail from the manager asking me to call. I did, and got a second person who explained that another guest had extended their stay, so the room I had guaranteed was not available (King Suite). I would have to settle for a smaller room and a Queen bed.

This should never happen, and has never happened to me in hundreds of hotel stays across the country. Guaranteed means guaranteed. If an existing guest wants to extend their stay, they are told, as I have been, that the room is not available beyond their reserved time, but that THEY can move to the smaller room, NOT the arriving guest with a guaranteed reservation. I will be writing their home office about this as well.

In all fairness, I was told over the phone that my first night would be free, and I would receive a discount on my second night.

When I arrived, a third individual tried to tell me that the first night was not free unless I moved to an alternate hotel (within their chain). I had him read the notes carefully, which clearly indicated the first night was to be free at their hotel as well. He eventually capitulated and the first night was comp’d.

Are you kidding me? What terrible communication!

Again, in all fairness everyone was very polite during this entire fiasco.

The manager sent a note and a Starbucks card to my room the following day. Very nice.

Even if none of this had occurred, I have to say I was unimpressed with the facilities. This is a motel with outside entrances. The kitchen light did not work properly. The bed was of poor quality. The noise levels were pretty high, especially in my room which faced the freeway. It would have been nice to open the window, but the road noise is non-stop. There was hair on the shower tile (not mine). The grounds are not well kept. It’s not a dump, and the grounds are not hideous, but they are also not well kept.

I will attach a few photos I took, I recommend you give them a look.

Based on this stay, I will not return.

Room Tip: Don't. But if you do, make sure your window is not facing the highway.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your recent stay at our hotel. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry we are.

As an extended stay lodging hotel, we have many guests who need to leave their departure date open or extend their stay at the last minute. We work hard to prevent these changes from affecting other guests. However, in extremely rare cases like yours, a sudden increase in guests extending their stays without notice causes a shortage of rooms or room types available for arriving guests. Our standard policy when we are unable to honor a reservation is such that we find you a new accommodation at a sister hotel site or other close by comparable hotel and we pay for the first nights stay. Should we have a room type change due to availability at the same hotel we may offer a discount on the stay or a "complimentary" night at the Managers discretion. I do sincerely apologize that there was confusion and mis-communication between the staff members on this upon your arrival.

Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. We work very hard each day to keep our hotel and grounds clean and the grounds debris free and our guests comfortable and satisfied. We would certainly appreciate the opportunity to have you as a guest at one of our many locations again. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of our other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Been to Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO? Share your experiences!