Fourth of July weekend, we rented a four bedroom Fairway Home which was perfect for our group: 3 couples and four kids under 6. This is a small (45 rooms), quiet, exclusive, ultrahigh-end resort, yet it was as kid friendly as any place in Disneyland. It's primarily a private golf community and the golf and related services were what one expect from a private club hosting the PGA Tour and USGA championships. Immaculate fairways and greens, great caddies, excellent practice area, etc., etc. Service is exceptional and a strict no tipping policy (except for caddies and food servers) simplifies everything. Food was high quality private club food, with excellent (and very reasonable) kids menu.
Didn't use spa. Gym was adequate.
All in all, a perfect family weekend, but it would be equally great for a grown up golf trip. Fairway homes for four guys (or couples) located right on the first tee would be ideal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the foothills of California's Santa Cruz Mountains, CordeValle is a luxury retreat in an extraordinary setting between San Jose and the Monterey Peninsula. The resort is infused with country club charm and superb amenities including a luxury spa and 7,169-yard championship golf course by legendary designer Robert Trent Jones, Jr. Clos La Chance, the on-site winery and vineyard, offers guests the opportunity to experience California's famed wine country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your CordeValle, A Rosewood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordevalle, a Rosewood Hotel San Martin
- Cordevalle a Rosewood Resort