“Magical Family Vacation, plus World Class Golf” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CordeValle, A Rosewood Resort

Save Saved
You added CordeValle, A Rosewood Resort to your Saves list
CordeValle, A Rosewood Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   1 CordeValle Club Dr., San Martin, CA 95046 (Formerly Lodge at CordeValle)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book Now
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in San Martin
Southampton, New York, USA
“Magical Family Vacation, plus World Class Golf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Fourth of July weekend, we rented a four bedroom Fairway Home which was perfect for our group: 3 couples and four kids under 6. This is a small (45 rooms), quiet, exclusive, ultrahigh-end resort, yet it was as kid friendly as any place in Disneyland. It's primarily a private golf community and the golf and related services were what one expect from a private club hosting the PGA Tour and USGA championships. Immaculate fairways and greens, great caddies, excellent practice area, etc., etc. Service is exceptional and a strict no tipping policy (except for caddies and food servers) simplifies everything. Food was high quality private club food, with excellent (and very reasonable) kids menu.
Didn't use spa. Gym was adequate.

All in all, a perfect family weekend, but it would be equally great for a grown up golf trip. Fairway homes for four guys (or couples) located right on the first tee would be ideal.

Room Tip: Fairway rooms (available individually or in groups of 4 to make a Fairway Home) are most convenient...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Chowchilla, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We only live 1 and 1/2 hours from here, decided to get away for a night. We sure didn't expect this. What a FABULOUS place for a getaway. We had dinner there, went for a hike and enjoyed a massage in the fabulous spa. The gold course looks wonderful but we don't really golf so we didn't use it. We did enjoy breakfast on the patio overlooking the gold course, delicious food and scenery. We will definately go back!

Room Tip: We chose a room with a jacuzzi and a living room area separate from the bedroom with a patio, very s...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Los Gatos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Group of us went for Valentine's weekend and we weren't disappointed. Dinner was absolutely awesome and I highly recommend making s'mores in the portico fireplace. Service was again fantastic, and the rooms are gorgeous. Get a bungalow! Only problem, room service significantly undercooked our burger, which happened last time too. Very odd.

But I'd go back anytime

Room Tip: Bungalows or villa suites are an essential choice
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Oak Beach, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Highly recommend Cordevalle for your family or friend gathering as the atmosphere is soothing and the landscape a sight for sore eyes! Service impeccable, food and wine first class. California fresh is the best way to describe this getaway! Have visited on 4 different occasions.

Stayed November 2013
Clovis, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

We spent a long holiday weekend at Cordevalle, and would definitely return there again. The service was friendly, low-key, and professional. This was not a five star experience, but was an excellent value for the money spent. The decor in our bungalow was relaxing, and well-maintained--if a bit dated. My spouse thoroughly enjoyed the spa services which were, again, a good value for the money spent as we received a spa credit through the Amex Platinum FHR program. California relaxation at its best!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
andalasia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Wonderful staff, beautiful property and worth every penny you'll pay to be there. The golf course was tough but fun and the practice areas are fantastic -- a few minor things for other couples golfers to improve their stay:

1. You have to have a caddie since this is a member's course and it's not well marked and actually pretty tough. If you're like us, you go to resorts to golf to spend some QT together and a caddie isn't exactly part of that plan. The first round, the caddie was right there with us and it got a little awkward and he dove into his personal life and was with us every minute. The second round, Tami in the pro shop finally figured out we weren't thrilled about the situation and set us up with a fore caddie that would drive with our bags while we walked together -- perfect! Kudos to her for asking what exactly our objectives were and how we could work within the rules.

2. The food isn't great and no getting around this since you're in the middle of nowhere. We had our wedding at the Rosewood in Sand Hill and I think our expectations were a little high since that chef has a michelin star. If you're a foodie, try to go off property for a special evening.

3. Food generally is a little hard to come by when it's quiet. On Monday we finished at 3:05pm and the golf grill was closed even though everyone/our caddie told us (and documentation said) the grill would be open until dusk. It was just a quiet day and not many people were there so I think they adjusted the schedule -- anyway, that meant we had to eat at the other restaurant again, where we had been for dinner the night before and for breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I had heard about this property and how wonderful all of the Rosewood properties were. I was lucky enough to have the chance to spend a night at Cordevalle so I took it. The property is a bit out of the way which concerned me at first but once arriving at the front gate I realized that I had just arrived in paradise. The gate keeper had my name on the list of reservations so I was let in and directed where the checkin was. Arriving at the valet in front of the hotel I was greeted by name and directed to the front desk after being asked what luggage I needed to be removed from the car. Walking to the entrance the door was opened for me and again I was greeted by name. At the front desk again I was greeted by name and they had already started the paperwork to check me in. The process was very speedy and friendly. After checking in I again had the door opened for me and a golf cart with my luggage and a driver waiting for me to take me to my room. After a quick ride I arrived at my room. My luggage was brought in and I was asked if I would like a tour of the room or needed anything. I declined as I wanted to explore things for myself. I explored the room and it was beautiful. Very clean and not one detail was missing. Everything in the room was very high end. Then I went to the patio to see my view and my breathe was taken away. I had a wonderful view of the golf course and mountains. I wasn't sure if I wanted to explore the property or just stay and enjoy the view. I decided to tour the property and I was not disappointed. Every part of the property was more beautiful than the other. Every detail was there. All of the employees were friendly, helpful and professional. I enjoyed a late lunch in one of the restaurants which was unbelievably great. It was just a sandwich but it truly was NOT just a sandwich. It was a large portion and delicious. Once again there was that spectacular view. No matter where you were in the property you had a view. This is a private club that you either have to be a member or a guest to be able to enter the property which was very nice especially as I am a woman traveling alone I felt completely safe. I had wanted to golf and enjoy the spa but time did not permit unfortunately:( the grounds are in pristine condition. After a long day of travel I went back to my room to relax. I took a whirlpool bath which was wonderful and relaxing. Oh, a did I mention there was that view again! It was everywhere! I was so relaxed and full from lunch that I spent the rest of the night on my private patio enjoying that darn view again:) the amenities in the room were very high end and the room had everything that you could need and more. All you have to bring are your clothes everything else is there. Even binoculars to enjoy the view even more. The bed was very comfortable and I did not want to leave the next morning but I had to. I called to be picked up and it seemed as I had just hung up and there they were to pick me up. Upon check out everything was ready for me. My car was pulled up and my luggage was already loaded. I was very sad to leave but am already planning my next visit with my husband to golf, have a spa treatment and relax. This has to be the nicest hotel that I have ever stayed in. Well worth the money. The entire staff truly seemed to enjoy their jobs and that makes the property even more appealing.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to CordeValle, A Rosewood Resort? Share your experiences!