“Relaxing California-style getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of CordeValle, A Rosewood Resort

You added CordeValle, A Rosewood Resort to your Saves list
CordeValle, A Rosewood Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   1 CordeValle Club Dr., San Martin, CA 95046 (Formerly Lodge at CordeValle)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in San Martin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Clovis, California
“Relaxing California-style getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

We spent a long holiday weekend at Cordevalle, and would definitely return there again. The service was friendly, low-key, and professional. This was not a five star experience, but was an excellent value for the money spent. The decor in our bungalow was relaxing, and well-maintained--if a bit dated. My spouse thoroughly enjoyed the spa services which were, again, a good value for the money spent as we received a spa credit through the Amex Platinum FHR program. California relaxation at its best!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
andalasia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Wonderful staff, beautiful property and worth every penny you'll pay to be there. The golf course was tough but fun and the practice areas are fantastic -- a few minor things for other couples golfers to improve their stay:

1. You have to have a caddie since this is a member's course and it's not well marked and actually pretty tough. If you're like us, you go to resorts to golf to spend some QT together and a caddie isn't exactly part of that plan. The first round, the caddie was right there with us and it got a little awkward and he dove into his personal life and was with us every minute. The second round, Tami in the pro shop finally figured out we weren't thrilled about the situation and set us up with a fore caddie that would drive with our bags while we walked together -- perfect! Kudos to her for asking what exactly our objectives were and how we could work within the rules.

2. The food isn't great and no getting around this since you're in the middle of nowhere. We had our wedding at the Rosewood in Sand Hill and I think our expectations were a little high since that chef has a michelin star. If you're a foodie, try to go off property for a special evening.

3. Food generally is a little hard to come by when it's quiet. On Monday we finished at 3:05pm and the golf grill was closed even though everyone/our caddie told us (and documentation said) the grill would be open until dusk. It was just a quiet day and not many people were there so I think they adjusted the schedule -- anyway, that meant we had to eat at the other restaurant again, where we had been for dinner the night before and for breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I had heard about this property and how wonderful all of the Rosewood properties were. I was lucky enough to have the chance to spend a night at Cordevalle so I took it. The property is a bit out of the way which concerned me at first but once arriving at the front gate I realized that I had just arrived in paradise. The gate keeper had my name on the list of reservations so I was let in and directed where the checkin was. Arriving at the valet in front of the hotel I was greeted by name and directed to the front desk after being asked what luggage I needed to be removed from the car. Walking to the entrance the door was opened for me and again I was greeted by name. At the front desk again I was greeted by name and they had already started the paperwork to check me in. The process was very speedy and friendly. After checking in I again had the door opened for me and a golf cart with my luggage and a driver waiting for me to take me to my room. After a quick ride I arrived at my room. My luggage was brought in and I was asked if I would like a tour of the room or needed anything. I declined as I wanted to explore things for myself. I explored the room and it was beautiful. Very clean and not one detail was missing. Everything in the room was very high end. Then I went to the patio to see my view and my breathe was taken away. I had a wonderful view of the golf course and mountains. I wasn't sure if I wanted to explore the property or just stay and enjoy the view. I decided to tour the property and I was not disappointed. Every part of the property was more beautiful than the other. Every detail was there. All of the employees were friendly, helpful and professional. I enjoyed a late lunch in one of the restaurants which was unbelievably great. It was just a sandwich but it truly was NOT just a sandwich. It was a large portion and delicious. Once again there was that spectacular view. No matter where you were in the property you had a view. This is a private club that you either have to be a member or a guest to be able to enter the property which was very nice especially as I am a woman traveling alone I felt completely safe. I had wanted to golf and enjoy the spa but time did not permit unfortunately:( the grounds are in pristine condition. After a long day of travel I went back to my room to relax. I took a whirlpool bath which was wonderful and relaxing. Oh, a did I mention there was that view again! It was everywhere! I was so relaxed and full from lunch that I spent the rest of the night on my private patio enjoying that darn view again:) the amenities in the room were very high end and the room had everything that you could need and more. All you have to bring are your clothes everything else is there. Even binoculars to enjoy the view even more. The bed was very comfortable and I did not want to leave the next morning but I had to. I called to be picked up and it seemed as I had just hung up and there they were to pick me up. Upon check out everything was ready for me. My car was pulled up and my luggage was already loaded. I was very sad to leave but am already planning my next visit with my husband to golf, have a spa treatment and relax. This has to be the nicest hotel that I have ever stayed in. Well worth the money. The entire staff truly seemed to enjoy their jobs and that makes the property even more appealing.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Rancho Cordova
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I had never heard of this resort, nor had I ever been to San Martin. What a gem this place is in the, seemingly, middle of nowhere just South of San Jose. My husband wanted to golf here, as they have a Trent Jones Jr. 18-hole golf course. I wanted to experience the spa and relax. We both had an amazing time! The service is AMAZING - 5 star all the way! The resort is beautiful, peaceful and secluded, tucked away on 1700 acres in rolling foothills. The rooms aren't "hotel rooms", they are called Bungalows - and for good reason. They feel like a small home, with a private patio overlooking the golf course (with two lounge chairs and small 4-top table with seating so you can eat outside), gas fireplace, wall-mounted flat screen LCD TV, entry foyer with sink, refrigerator and Keurig coffee maker, and the HUGE bathroom contained an oversized closet, vanity area, jetted tub, and undercounter lighting that was perfect as a nighlight.

No comfort has been overlooked, no amenity has been left out, and the staff are happy, attentive, helpful, and gracious. For example, while sitting on the patio having a cocktail (the Ginger Basil Gimlets are delicious!), my husband was caught squinting by our waiter who immediately said "Mr. S*****, may I get a pair of sunglasses for you?". Two minutes later, someone delivered my husband's watch he had forgotten in his golf bag. In the restaurant, they have portable phone chargers to use while eating, and the locker rooms are stocked with everything you need to get cleaned up after working out, visiting the spa, or golfing.
The food was delicious and the portions were over and above what was expected. I never was able to finish one meal completely! We ate at Il Vigneto and the One Iron Bar and both are first rate. (Don't plan on a quick meal in Il Vigneto, take your time and just relax and enjoy the amazing food and ambience.)
The pool area was clean, with a beautiful view of the golf course, with sunscreen provided and plenty of towels and seating available. The pool was heated to a perfect 80 degrees and very enjoyable on a sunny Saturday afternoon, because even though it was February, it was warm out!!
The package deals are well worth it, so look at their offers before you book. We did the golf/spa package and received $200 credit for the spa with a 2-night stay, and my husband was able to play two rounds of golf. We also received $19 towards breakfast each day. Well, well worth it!!
I can't wait to go back! Who knew a gem like this was so close?!

Room Tip: We stayed in Bungalow 20, which was close enough to walk to the lobby and restaurants. Golf carts ar...
Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

This hotel resort was amazing with 5 star Service! We had a Fairway room which was just like the pictures, very nice. It is like a small cottage, very private, with a courtyard upon entrance where you can lounge in the sun or have lunch at the table. The room is plenty big with a big closet and nice size area with fridge and Keurig coffee maker. Plenty of space. Theses rooms do not have a view. If you want a view of golf course you will have to reserve Bungalow or suite.
We stayed two nights and did not feel the need to leave the property. We spent a few hours at the winery which they give you a ride to on the golf carts. We did not play golf but it looked like an beautiful course. We will be back! We loved our stay!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed at Cordevalle for a night for my boyfriend's 30th birthday. I could not have had a better experience! We stayed in a bungalow over looking the golf course and the mountains. It was absolutely beautiful and perfect on a rainy day. You are transported around the property on golf carts which was so fun. Every person who worked at this hotel was unbelievably nice, especially Benjy the tennis pro who improves your game ten-fold in one hour.

I have never stayed at such a nice place and would recommend it to everyone!

Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I want to thank both Rian and Ben for making my family's stay at Cordevalle a true pleasure. The rooms were warm and welcoming, the service, smiling and attentive and the surrounding golf and hills made it a truly lovely environment. The rooms have trail maps along with interesting discussions about the wildlife you may see - nice.
The room was large enough to really stretch out in and i wouldn't hesitate to want to spend a week in such a big room. Nice amenities and a great fireplace to boot.
Rian checked us in and he understands customer service in a way that puts others to shame. If it were my choice, Rian would be leading the training for all the employees who are meeting and talking to guests. Truly a first rate guy.
I would also thank Ben for making sure that our trip ended on a good note, too.

Room Tip: They are all lovely, not a bad one in the bunch.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to CordeValle, A Rosewood Resort? Share your experiences!