This may be the nicest hotel/resort I have ever stayed in. Heck, let's just say it. This IS the nicest hotel I have ever been lucky enough to enjoy.
The setting is absolutely fabulous. The grounds, the golf course, the spa -- everything is top-notch. Absolutely fabulous. As I said, if money is no object...and especially if you are traveling with man's best friend, as we always do. This resort is dog-friendly to the max -- our Golden Retriever Jasper could not have been happier. The staff treated him as if he were an honored guest (which of course he was).
I could go on and on. The hotel is great. The staff super-friendly and professional. The spa is great, and the grounds are perfect.
The only "but" is the price. The rooms are extremely expensive unless you can get in on some sort of deal. The restaurant and bar are excellent (get the mushroom pizza!). But a margarita will set you back almost $20 after tax and tip. It was really good, of course, but $20 for a pretty small margarita?
The hotel/resort obviously caters to the well-heeled. But they don't make you feel less than worthy if you are watching your budget.
Go for a special event -- that's what we did. I will be shocked if you don't love CoredeValle. But be prepared to burn some serious cash.
Will we be back? You bet. It's a special place. But for people like us, we have to pick our spots -- and our specials. The price point is pretty darn high for the rooms and the restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the foothills of California's Santa Cruz Mountains, CordeValle is a luxury retreat in an extraordinary setting between San Jose and the Monterey Peninsula. The resort is infused with country club charm and superb amenities including a luxury spa and 7,169-yard championship golf course by legendary designer Robert Trent Jones, Jr. Clos La Chance, the on-site winery and vineyard, offers guests the opportunity to experience California's famed wine country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your CordeValle, A Rosewood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordevalle, a Rosewood Hotel San Martin
- Cordevalle a Rosewood Resort