“Best Ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CordeValle, A Rosewood Resort

Save Saved
You added CordeValle, A Rosewood Resort to your Saves list
CordeValle, A Rosewood Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   1 CordeValle Club Dr., San Martin, CA 95046 (Formerly Lodge at CordeValle)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book Now
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in San Martin
Brookline, Massachusetts
“Best Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We just returned from Cordevalle and WOW! What a place. We've been very fortunate to experience many luxury resorts, and this was one of the best we've been to. The service & staff here is unprecedented. The setting is spectacular, and the food is beyond. We are already planning a return trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
PGH Metro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My husband and I spent two wonderful nights at the CordeValle resort recently. This visit was the kickoff of a week long vacation together and this was a fantastic way to start!

My husband arrived separately to the resort with some friends he had been playing golf with for the past few days and his last round of golf was at this resort. I arrived just after him and immediately began my scheduled spa appointment. After waking up early in the Eastern time zone to fly out to CA, this spa visit was eagerly awaited. Additionally, we were unable to check into our room at that point so our respective golfing and spa tripping were welcome distractions. I must mention that the high service level was impressed upon me from the very beginning, pulling up to the gate and being greeted by my name upon pulling up to the resort.

The spa is amazing in short. Other reviews I read prior to visiting mentioned the lack of customers in the spa and I loved this. I feel like I had a very personalized experience and the services were spectacular. I had a package that included a facial, body scrub and massage. Both of the employees that provided these services were friendly, comforting and fantastic at what they do. I left feeling super relaxed and ready to enjoy my vacation.

After the spa, I was able to check into the room which took little time and I was soon on a golf cart to our villa. This villa was fantastic! Very huge room with a living area, separate bedroom and master bath with two designated outdoor patios, one with an eating area and lounge chairs, another with a private spa pool and outdoor shower. The living area had a fireplace which made the villa seem cozy despite it's size. Both televisions were on with welcome messages which is a nice touch. We really enjoyed the accomodations and woke up both mornings to stunning views of the golf course. I believe the name of our villa was the Chairman's Villa.

The first night we had a reservation at il Vigneto, but once my husband was finished with golf, he was too tired for dining in the restaurant so we switched the reservation to the next night and ordered room service instead. Friendly service from the employees which only further impressed upon us the high degree of service instilled within the employees at CordeValle.

We ate dinner our second night at il Vigneto. That was a very nice meal with attentive service and the decor of the restaurant, and the entire resort itself is stunning. Very grand looking but still very inviting and comfortable.

We really enjoyed staying at CordeValle and would definitely return if our plans in the future take us out that way. Beautiful location, supreme service and luxurious comfort that anyone could get used to!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

It's as if you are a member of your own private golf club...but you don't have to pay a $100,000 initiation fee.

The rooms are large and spacious; ours was on the first fairway. Everything worked great.

The food was ideal and the presentations were attractive.

The golf course was beautiful, challenging and tough for me, but manageable for my teenage daughter and son, who shot an 83, despite 30 mph winds.

But the attention and pampering of the staff was exceptional. They deserve 6 points.

I loved the paucity of guests; my wife prefers a little more hustle bustle. No matter it's a wonderful property so close to the Bay Area and 10 degrees warmer than sf.

My only word of warning is if you aren't a proficient golfer, the course will eat you alive and spit you out. It's unrelenting.

The only thing that cones close in my experience is the Yellowstone Club in Montana were billionaires ski and golf in their own private reserve.

• Stayed April 2013
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My Wife and I usually get down here for a getaway one weekend a year. The weather is always great and the atmosphere is so relaxed. Rooms are big and so amazing. Dog friendly which is a plus and some rooms have enclosed patios so the dog can run free. We love going to the pool and then to the restaurant for a late dinner and finish with wine by the outdoor fire pit. Such a nice place to get away from it all.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
san clemente
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night at CordeValle. We chose the property because we were driving back to Orange County from the Bay Area on a Monday and wanted to stay south of the Silicon Valley morning rush hour traffic. We saw some good reviews and booked the room. The property is beautiful. It is known for being a great golf destination, but for non-golfers you're not overwhelmed by everything "golf". The pool is lovely, the restaurants are good, and the staff is top notch. The rooms are very nice and the beds are extremely comfortable. They have what you would expect from a luxury resort: cozy robes, slippers, well appointed bathrooms, and walk-in closets. It was a bonus to have a wet bar with a small refrigerator. We checked out wishing that we could have stayed a few days to explore. It was a tranquil escape, even if just for a night. We will be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
monterey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

LOVED this place. We stayed for one night, took advantage of the spa and ate on site. I cannot wait to go back. The attention to guests from the staff is exceptional. Our room was beautiful, comfortable and private. We had wine on the private patio with friends before walking over to dinner. If you get the chance to do smores on the patio, do it. YUM. The guest room bathrooms need to be updated ( 4 inch square white tiles - yuck, my only complaint) but the spa tub was lovely. My massage was wonderful, but remember you will be sharing the locker room with country club members. I thought the 60 minutes massage was over priced, especially since it is not part of the resort fee. Love the resort fee - reasonable and covers all your tips for bell staff and cart drivers etc. Small & Intimate, very romatnic, but we would have no problem takign our toddler next time and I am sure she'd be treated like royalty

Room Tip: The smallest rooms they have are HUGE - plenty big for you a couple and one or two young children.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I spent four lovely nights at Cordevalle. Our room, #46, was a villa overlooking the golf course. Except for one night, we had all of our meals at the hotel, and the food was outstanding. We played golf three times, and the course is really a top golf course. We especially appreciate having the caddies help us along the course.

Room Tip: We stayed in a villa, but the bungalows( a little smaller) were very nice as well
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to CordeValle, A Rosewood Resort? Share your experiences!