“Wonderful Resort!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CordeValle, A Rosewood Resort

You added CordeValle, A Rosewood Resort to your Saves list
CordeValle, A Rosewood Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   1 CordeValle Club Dr., San Martin, CA 95046 (Formerly Lodge at CordeValle)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in San Martin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful Resort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed the weekend at CordeValle. We were in a bungalow, which was lovely. It reminded me of the Four Seasons in Scottsdale - wood floors, a fireplace, high ceilings. There was a little foyer when you walked in with coffee, etc., then the large sleeping area had a fireplace, two chairs and a desk. The bathroom had a walk-in closet, a separate shower stall, a separate water closet and a jacuzzi tub. There was a vanity with a magnifying mirror as well (great for applying makeup). They even gave you a little flashlight next to your bed if you have to get up at night. did turndown service as well.The only thing they could have improved upon was the hair dryer - it was a 1600 small dryer that barely had any air - we called down to the spa to bring one of the more powerful ones to the room. Also, they used the resort brand toiletries in full-size bottles, so there were no little sizes to take home. The view from the room was wonderful. They give you binoculars and we had fantastic weather and we sat outside and enjoyed the view of the golf course and the mountains.

My husband golfed, and I went to the spa. I had a wonderful massage - they add a thin water pad under you when you get the massage, so as they move you around, you have comfortable support. I also had a pedicure, which was very nice. I was almost the only one in the spa, and it was comfortable and quiet.

The food was good, but expensive. I had a wonderful eggs relleno for breakfast and my husband had the eggs benedict and with tip, the breakfast came to $50. For lunch, I indulged in one of the Wagyu/Kobe type hamburgers ($26), and it was all right, but they had it flavored with a sweet glaze that was a little too sweet for my liking. I ordered their house-made chocolate chip cookies to take back to the room and they were great. We had an event to attend the first night and it was a buffet of mexican food and it was delicious - carne asada, lime shrimp, etc. The second night we also had an event and we had steak and shrimp, which was average.

The resort was beautifully decorated and the staff was so helpful. You call for them to give you a ride to your room in their golf carts. They had several dogs on site as well as they have a special menu for them and they walk the dogs as an offered service.

It really was a nice weekend and a pleasant surprise for our destination as we never heard of this resort previously. This place would be great for a romatic weekend or a golf/spa getaway.

Room Tip: Really, any rooms are good for a view as they all face the same way. We stayed in bungalow 22 and t...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Rockville Centre, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

Just came back from a 4 day golf trip to California with 16 friends. Our first night we stayed & golfed at Cordevalle. To start with, the place is magnificent. The location is just beautiful, the entire resort is first class all the way. We stayed in the fairway homes, which are located on the golf course. They are basically 4 bedroom houses with separate entrances & separate bathrooms that have a common living space in the middle. All the bedrooms have fireplaces. They are really nice & have every amenity you could hope for. The golf course was magnificent. We ate breakfast in the morning in the bar area, which is beautiful, very comfortable with a huge fireplace & couches. Breakfast was great both mornings. We also went up to the winery for a few hours after golf, which was good. We sampled a few wines & bought a few bottles. The staff could not have been any more accomodating or friendly everywhere in the resort. We had dinner at their "high end" restaurant the one night we were there. Food was good, not off the charts. Service was a little slow but we did have a large group. The dinner was quite expensive, but we knew what we were getting into. Terrific wine list. Overall I absolutely loved the place & would certainly go back. Place is very relaxing. Its in a secluded location, which I particularly liked, but its only ten minutes off the main highway. They also gave us a pretty good deal because of the time of year we went, but trust me, they got their moneys worth from our group!

Room Tip: Lots of different options to choose from
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We had a family gathering and celebrated Thanksgiving at Cordevalle. The staff could not be more helpful. The food was excellent and all of us are "Foodies" from Canada, NY, LA, SF and OHIO. The rooms were so comfortable for all of us to gather. The weather had a lot to do with it too. We sat on the patio/balcony and had a beautiful site of the colors of autumn. We have stayed her before but I think that they have fine tuned the service and food. Previous stays were great, but this time everything seemed to run smoothly and without any glitches. We certainly will return. It was intimate but so efficiently run, you did not have to ask twice for anything.

Room Tip: Bungalows 39-42 have a fabulous view
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
San Mateo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Recently stayed at CordeValle for a business/pleasure weekend, I didn't even know this resort existed.

We stayed in a Bungalow (#40) overlooking the golf course and the mountains. The room was amazing, the view was beautiful, the patio was relaxing. Since cars aren't allowed up to the bungalows they "taxi" you in golf carts wherever you want to go on the premises, therefore it was unbelievably quiet. I can't say enough positive things about the room's decor, layout, cleanliness, amenities, etc. etc.

The service was top-notch in all areas I visited, valet, front desk, doorman, bar, spa, housekeeping. The service level here should be the model all other hotels aspire to reach. Front desk recommended the winery next door, (again didn't know that existed either), and said they have complimentary tasting for hotel guests and if we wanted to go she'll have someone drive us over in a golf cart and they would pick us up when we desired to return. We took her up on the offer, accepted the complimentary wine tasting, bought a bottle, had the winery call the hotel when we were ready to come back, they picked us up within 10 minutes and brought us directly to our room. Superb!!!

My one blemish on a perfect weekend was the food. I wasn't impressed at all, especially for this caliber of hotel, I'd rate the food a three if they're lucky. To be fair I didn't eat at the main restaurant. They provided food at our dinner meeting (salmon was fishy and chicken undercooked), I ate dinner at the bar (pizza was like cardboard and olive garden spaghetti is way better, than the spaghetti here), I at breakfast at the bar and that was decent but way over priced.

Nonetheless the hotel still deserves every bit of my five star rating!!!!

Room Tip: Bungalow's are amazing.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We've been members since before this place was built. We saw employees come and go, we stayed here through the sheets that crunched like newspapers, the clocks that were so loud that you had to put them in the closet and even then you could still hear them. We stayed through bad service, people letting their unruley kids run amuck in the locker rooms and back to good. Now we can't get a reservation for a room or a tee time, our tips are no longer included in the tab and were paying dues on a great resort that we can't even get into unless we want to stay for one or MAYBE 2 nights during the week. What do we pay dues for a beautiful place we can't even use more than twice a year for a couple of days, hhhhmm.

Room Tip: Book more than a month in advance.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011 via mobile

Stayed for a getaway night with my wife... Service was incredible, food awesome, room fantastic. This resort is first class all the way... A local treasure. Just wish I had time to play the championship golf course which was getting ready for three world class tournaments.

• Stayed September 2011
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

My fiance and I had recently gotten engaged, and he took me to CordeValle as part of a celebration. I cannot say enough about how special this visit was. From the second we walked onto the property, through our entire stay, we felt as though the staff's purpose was to make our life more enjoyable!

Even though our room wasn't ready as soon as we go there (check in is at 4, we got there early), they made sure that we were taken care of - they held our bags, took care of our car, and then and drove us to the nearby vineyard - Clos LeChance. We stayed at the vineyard for a couple of hours because the views and wine were amazing - not to mention the live music! The staff of CordeValle then came and picked us up as soon as we were ready, took us back to the hotel and already had our luggage waiting in our room.

The rooms are truly special - spacious, clean, beautiful, with outdoor areas, jacuzzis in the bathroom - such a great place! The staff let us use golf clubs to drive some balls at no cost, and shuttled us in the golf carts wherever we needed to go. We also got a massage at the spa, and it was obvious that they were experience, excellent professionals.

And then the restaurant - WOW - what a delicious meal!! A little pricey, but so worth the experience!!! Overall, we LOVED it at CordeValle andlook forward to coming back and spending an anniversary here one day :-)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to CordeValle, A Rosewood Resort? Share your experiences!