The Huntington Library, Art Collections and Botanical Gardens
Type: Historic Sites, Libraries, Gardens
Activities: Walking
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: A popular tourist stop, this 207 acre complex houses a library, art collection and stunning gardens. The library and art gallery contain rare books and one of the most complete collections of 18th century art outside of London.
CT
22 attraction reviews
“Spectacular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

My daughter and husband took me for my birthday. We had the "high tea" buffet at the rose garden. Pricey but delicious!
The gardens are absolutely beautiful, and I just wish we'd had more time. We saw most of the gardens, and also the library (really fascinating) I wish we were able to visit the art collection, but not enough time.
The next time we go out to visit our daughter in LA, we'll make a return visit to the Huntington!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, CA
“lots of books, including science and art exhibits, beautful gardens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

although it's 20 clams, it's a nice place,and plan 4-6 hours easy to see everything.
if you go to the Getty go here the next day.

Utah
“A true gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010

The Huntington provides a perfect setting for the extensive art an historical collections. The botanical gardens are truly amazing, and are as beautiful as the art available to view. Great for families, and the staff was very gracious and accommodating.

California
42 attraction reviews
“Wish I lived here !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

This is worthy of an all-day visit. The collection of Art and old books is fabulous! But to me, the gardens are the high point of Huntington. I think its the largest, most comprehensive botanical I've ever visited. The gardens are in themes: Japanese, Camellia, Rose, Shakespeare, Herb, Tropical, and so forth. Ponds brimming with beautiful Koi, arched bridges, shade & sun, desert or jungle plants, its all here!! I liked especially the Sculpture Garden with its life size statuary of god, warriors, mythical beasts. I go to Huntington at least once a year, there is always something new.

Assiniboia, Canada
8 attraction reviews
“Would go back everyday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2009

One day is not enough. Whether you have any botanical background or not, it is an amazing place. During the week it is only open from noon until 4:30, but on the weekends it is open from 10am to 4:30. Different times of the year bring different exciting exhibits. The volunteers are helpful and will answer any questions you have. I just can't speak high enough of Huntington's!

Travelers who viewed The Huntington Library, Art Collections and Botanical Gardens also viewed

Been to The Huntington Library, Art Collections and Botanical Gardens? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Huntington Library, Art Collections and Botanical Gardens, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later
Save Saved
You added The Huntington Library, Art Collections and Botanical Gardens to your Saves list