“Excellent place for Seafood lovers” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
st Petersburg, United States
“Excellent place for Seafood lovers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

The Seafood at Fish House Santa Cruz, San Marcos was excellent the day we visited, the only minor disappointment was that they were out of the red snapper very early in the evening. The Sole and Monkfish were very flavorful, prepared to perfection and very enjoyable. The steamed muscles were mixed, some very good and some overcooked, not up to par really for a restaurant that specializes in Seafood. Overall good experience and being a seafood lover I will certainly return when next in the area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Oceanside, California, Usa
“Great Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Fish House Vera Cruz is a great place for any occasion. I love taking my wife there for a delicious lunch or our extended family for special occasions. It is a very good place for business lunches, however it can be a bit noisy at times. I have never had a meal that was anything less than great.

Visited May 2014
California City, California
“Disappointed: What use To Be is now No More”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

On my recent visit to this establishment, I requested a very simple meal: Grilled Salmon, Garlic-Mash Potatoes, and Sautaed Spinach. The waitress informed me that they did not have Sautaed Spinach so I settled for cold-slaw. I was in formed that the only Mash Potatoes in the house was a batch mixed with cheese. What I received was an partially-cooked Samon Filea which was very unseasoned an appeared to have been frozen previously, a scoop of Mashed Potatoes that was stiff on the fork (as if it had been drawn from an old batch, which included a drizzle of melted butter to give it flavor, I also received a scoop of chopped cabbage that was drinched in Mayonaise... I was charged $35.00 for this meal. Neadless to say I was completely disappointed..This establishment use to be a great attraction in San Marcos. As I only finished the Salmom, I endured a very bad lunch experience and I wont be returning to this location

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Santa Rosa, California
“Consistently Good Quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

We have been here in previous years and the quality of service and the food has consistently maintained high quality levels. The server was very knowledgeable and assisted my wife in selecting gluten-free entrees or modifications to suit her needs. I had a combination plate with food that had been prepared over a mesquite wood grill. It was delicious and the fish was moist.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Diego
“Like to eat at this restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I have eaten a few times here. The fish were so good, had Halibut, Orange Roughy, Rainbow Trout and Snapper, they were all good.
I also like to eat here because they have Manhattan Clam Chowder soup . Most restaurant only have Boston Clam Chowder soup which I don't care for the creamy soup.
The only negative comment is I wish they have more variety on the vegetable side dishes besides cole slaw and steamed veggie (carrots and brocollis). Sometimes we got so many steamed carrots only. Wish they have green beans or peas or zuchinis.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere