“always excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
San Diego, California
“always excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Best Indian restuarant in North County, and I've been to them all. Best Indian restuarant in North County, and I've been to them all. Best Indian restuarant in North County, and I've been to them all.

• Visited October 2013

Carlsbad, California
“Has the taste of India”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

After having spent years in India, I believe I know good from not good Indian food, and this restaurant prepares food that is not only good, but tastes like Indian food is supposed to taste. One easy way to corroborate this is to look at the clientele, which always includes many south Asians. The kitchen, with a tandoor, is open, and fun to watch. Unlike much of which happens in India, Curry and More is clean. The ambiance is simple, pleasant. Portions adequate to large, prices low. There is one issue that one should keep in mind - the hot spice is adjusted to the American palate, but asking for your food to be hotter is in problem.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Very good Indian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Three of us just came back from dinner at Curry and More and were all very happy with our meals. We tried the chicken tikka masala, lamb vindaloo and two Aloo Gobhi (cauliflower and potatoes). Every dish was a good size and came with two small sides (we had rice, naan, cumin potatoes, curried lentils and yogurt with cucumber). Our bill before tip was just over $60.

We ordered most of the food at "5" of "10" and found that it wasn't quite as spicy as we think authentic Indian should be. I suspect that maybe around 7 would be a little better.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Erik, you were right, 'the best Indian food ever'.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Outstanding. My son insisted I had to try the best Indian food ever while visiting him. Told me I wouldn't find this in Florida. He's right. Very, very clean. Most delicately flavored Indian food ever. You would not be disappointed.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“The best we have ever had,and we have been around!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

This was probably the best indian food i have had in the united states after dining in at very high end indian food restaurants.If you are ever in the area or even closer to san diego this place ia definitely worth a visit.
I wish they open up closer to us.
Simply terrific.