“Wonderful Baking Classes” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Bakery, Bagels, Sandwiches
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: We scratch make everything on the premise from all natural ingredients. We specialize in unique bread varities from basil parmesan, wholesome 14-grain harvest to decadent chocolate zuchinni bread. For our lunch offerings, we use Boar's Head natural meats and local produce. We have a huge sample, so come on in and try a fresh slice of bread on the house.
San Luis Obispo, CA
“Wonderful Baking Classes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

If you ever want to learn how to bake homemade bread, take Sheila's baking classes. I can now bake many loaves of bread. I also buy most of my flour from House of Bread. It's great.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

San Luis Obispo, California
“Keeping with tradition”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Thanks to my wonderful mother fresh baked bread was the norm in our house. House of Bread allows me to maintain this wholesome tradition. I love the nutty crunchiness of their Harvest Grain in the mornings with a little coconut spread. The squaw bread is excellent for sandwiches. House of Bread is one of my regular stops when I'm doing my shopping.

• Visited January 2013
San Luis Obispo, California, United States
“House of Heaven!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I've lived in San Luis Obispo for 6 years now and the House of Bread was one of my first loves. I have to resist it every time I drive by! Their raspberry pinwheels are heavely, along with everything else they make. I love to get a sandwich there for lunch any time I can.

I love the way the House of Bread feels like a really legit bakery. They have these massive mixers, ovens and kneading boards and it just smells like flour. Everyone there is helpful and accommodating, not to mention the fatty free sample of whatever you want every time you walk in.

All in all, the House of Bread is just about my favorite location in all of San Luis Obispo and I'm sure it will be yours too!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good sandwiches and always smells good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I like going for lunch and sitting outside. I wish there was a little more excitement outside where we sit but it's nice in the sun and the people are very nice. All the breads are fantastic and it's such a temptation. I want to buy a loaf every time I go in. Yummy!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atascadero, California
“Darwin's Bread... YUM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Fabulous breads made using Montana Wheat flours. Our favorite it the Darwin Bread. And, if your timing is right...the seasonal Orange Cranberry loaf for dessert!

• Visited November 2012