“Best Chinese in SLO County” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #150 of 257 Restaurants in San Luis Obispo
Cuisines: Chinese
California Central Coast
“Best Chinese in SLO County”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We had been looking for a good Chinese restaurant for years and tried many, only to find them "OK". That changed when a friend suggested Mandarin Gourmet, which must be terrific because it has been around a long time and is located in a corner of a shopping center (corner Los Osos Valley Road and Madonna Road). The WonTon soup was the best I'd ever had and I grew up in New York, where good Chinese food is plentiful. The entire meal was delightful, the prices are reasonable, the service was excellent and the menu is broad for all tastes. Highly recommend

• Visited June 2014

US Navy Afloat
“Average General TSOs Chicken”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Very (very) expensive for Chinese takeout. Was hoping that for the price it would be the best Generals chicken I have ever had - but, unfortunately it wasn't. Save your money and visit another local take-out venue.

Visited April 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good food,fast service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Ate here two out of three nights. I liked the friendly welcome and on our second visit we were greeted by "Welcome back". The restaurant offered simple surroundings but excellent cuisine and was busy on both our visits so that speaks volume. Price was very fair, and servings were huge. I would recommend the chicken curry- yummy. The restaurant has plenty of nearby parking.

• Visited November 2013
San Luis Obispo County, California
“"Food is good but customer service is not"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I phoned in my order and the hostess sadi 45mins to 1hr so I said ok. Hour later my order hasn't arrived so I called and was put on hold for another 10mins so finally I hang up the phone and 5mins later food arrived. Driver did not apologize for being late.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Luis Obispo, California
“Delicious Food, Always Keep Going Back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I've been going to Mandarin Gourmet for some time now. It has delicious dishes with reasonable prices! When I first visited Mandarin Gourmet, I had their Pho. It is SO delicious! My favorite place that serves Pho in all of SLO County. Their other dishes are quite tastey as well! Recommend to all! I've probably gone out to eat here at least twice a month and I always keep going back!

• Visited February 2013