“Who was first, Outback or Tahoe Joe's” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
San Jose, California
“Who was first, Outback or Tahoe Joe's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We went to several Outback Steakhouses before and when we entered Tahoe Joe's we were reminded strongly of Outback. That is not a bad thing though because we love Outback.
The food was very good and I would go there again, be it during a business trip or with the family. My first choice while staying at the Embassy Suites because it is walking distance and I can enjoy the glass of wine without thinking of driving.

Visited October 2012

San Luis Obispo, California
“Yumm!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

You'd think being a "Chain" it would not have such tastty food or that it would have a pre-packaged, heat-it-up in the bag oversalted taste. No way! The steaks are outstanding and th potato sides are great!

Visited August 2012
Henderson, Nevada
“Nice & easy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Nice steakhouse, similar to an Outback Steakhouse. Easy walking distance from the Embassy Suites in SLO. Clean restaurant and efficient staff, with reasonable prices. Food was prepared as ordered, especially easy since I like my steaks "Philly Blue", cool center. Lots of families when we were there, but kids were quiet and still made the visit pleasant.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
seattle
“Ordered a medium and ...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Food and service was good but too bad they over cooked my meat. I ordered the surloin steak and the waiter only offered medium, medium well and well for some reason. I ordered medium but it came out well done and the waiter disappeard for me to send it back. I ate a few bites and the meat was very tender but dry due to it being over cooked.

Visited October 2012
Santa Maria, California, United States
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We had lunch - great nachos and appetizers. There is plenty of food and the service was super. We enjoyed the outdoor seating on a lovely day

Visited September 2012