“Clean and (relatively) cheap” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 San Luis Obispo South

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 San Luis Obispo South to your Saves list
Motel 6 San Luis Obispo South
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1625 Calle Joaquin, US 101/El Camino Real at Los Osos Valley Road, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401   |
Ranked #18 of 31 hotels in San Luis Obispo
Cleveland
“Clean and (relatively) cheap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

$85 for a Motel 6?!?! Surely you jest!
Nope, not in this part of the county, and especially not on a huge weekend for wine tasting.
Once you can get past this, you realize this is a good bet: Clean, comfortable, and convenient to the 101.
The hotel claims to be renovated, but I don't see much of a change. This Motel 6 doesn't give you a lot, but the little it gives is fine.
Reference point: The Holiday Inn Express up the road in Paso Robles was $257 for one night. And you can't tell me that hotel is $172 better.
Minor gripe: I needed an iron, and the motel apparently only has two...and I never saw either of them, which left me a little wrinkled. Come on; buy a third iron!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

this is my second stay in a mont, i still haven't been disapointed,

The staff is freindly and outgoing, and the rooms as aiways are cllean!! The property actually is surronded by the foothills and Many tress, you actually feel like your in a state park!

The are close to the freeway, but not close enough to here the freeway noise!!

If you do get a room here, try to get one away from the back of the property, thats is where the big trucks park and you san here their genorators go on and off all the time, but not to bad all in all!!

Room Tip: try to get a room away from the rear of property, this is were the big rigs park and can be a litte...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Avila Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We live on our sailboat & when the seas get too rough or just need to get on land for a while,
we stay @ M6 .The M6 in SLO (south) Is the Best we have stayed at!We have stayed from the one in San Ysidro & on up. The south SLO M6 even have bathtubs (north does not).
The Staff is very friendly !Tami & Tom(No not Bodett;)always have a smile & make sure our stay here is pleasant.Tami goes beyond what we have got staying @ Hotels 4 times the price of here.
Nice surroundings too .We have a dog & makes for pleasant walks.
If there is a downside here,they only have one ice machine...

Room Tip: Try to get in the "courtyard" The rooms in back is where the semis park & it can be no...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Clovis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

So me and my significant other decided to go to Pismo for the day, then night, and we're only 19 and can't stay in any hotels/motels besides Motel 6. So, we missed the summer rates on Wednesday night (luckily), and I sat in the car while he got the room. He said the staff was friendly. Then we got our room, and I walk in and of course automatically inspect EVERYTHING. I checked the shower and he checked the bed. SPOTLESS! I've heard the rumors about Motel 6 and I was SO IMPRESSED. I would say their bed cover wasn't that warm, but luckily I brought my own blanket. They don't include bath size towels in the rooms, which I didn't know, but we brought beach towels so we were good!! Good TV channels, loved the deadbolt lock (made me feel very safe), the shower got really hot and nice, the wake up call option was nice and for a Motel 6 and what I expected, I am just impressed. When you think somethings gonna be low, and you see it's very normal standard, you're happy about it!! The bed was actually comfy too, but bring your own pillow! I like firm and their's were soft. Also, we brought a very mini sized cooler, for about three sandwiches and a drink size. I asked the receptionist if I could show her the size of it so I can get some ice in it (because big coolers are unfair to take all the ice out of the machine which is understandable, but I didn't need that much at all) and she said it was totally fine and we were welcome to get a little bit to line the bottom. We could hear our side neighbors shower or toilet but no voices which is good because that would've been uncomfortable. For 60$, two people, splitting the bill, this is a nice, hassle free place to stay and I will defiantly be going back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We are staying here at the moment, while on a road trip from LA to San Francisco. Great stay for a night. Wifi ok, for 3 bucks. Room is very tidy and the beds are nice (if you like 'em a bit n the hard side). Service is good.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here for one night while travelling from Death Valley to San Francisco. Rooms are new, all amenties are working perfectly. Staff was helpful and friendly. The parking was filled at about 80% with cars, so consider to book this place in advance. Wi-Fi speed was not blazing at all but we found the whole place perfect for a short stay!

Room Tip: Don't forget a free coffee at reception desk!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed one night in June whilst travelling from San Francisco to Grand Canyon. Only expecting a very basic place to put the head down for the night. Was pleasantly surprised athat the Motel was actually very adequate. Very basic furnishings but clean and tidy and all we wanted. Reception were very pleasant. We weren't aware of any restaurants close by so we went by car into town which was not far and pleanty of choice there. Overall the Motel was cheap and it did all we wanted.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 San Luis Obispo South? Share your experiences!