“Weird stay” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1433 Calle Joaquin, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401   |
Ranked #23 of 31 Hotels in San Luis Obispo
“Weird stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We been travelling from Northern California and decided to stay at this hotel we never had problem staying in motel 6 very convenient to check in/out. good service & friendly staff. this was the exemption & was weird about 9:30 pm our airconditioner stopped. So we tried to reset unplug and plug in again but didnt work. I went to the front desk to let them know the manager was the one who come down to our room and when we got in our room my husband said it started again. the manager told us that they put a "Motion sensor so when no movement the aircon will stop!" We understand that they are on Go Green Save anergy but that was not fun to sleep and every 2 hours need to wake- up and move ourselves so that our aircon will start that AGAIN that never normal to us to off the aircon night time it was just not fun to have a sensor motion.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
South OC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

I've read some less than stellar reviews of this M6, but decided to judge for myself as it was, frankly, half the cost of the "nice" hotels. I drove 4 hours to arrive and checked in to my guaranteed reservation at midnight. No

hassle, easy check in. They were booked up, and the clerk told the woman ahead of me in line there were no more rooms, but made a couple quick calls to other motels in the area to help her locate a vacancy. Very nice gesture, so though I was tired, I didn't mind him helping her out.
Room is remodeled and surprisingly pleasant for what you may expect. Vinyl wood plank flooring, basic maple wood furniture, with tones of soft white, khaki and paprika (dark orange) are comfortable and contemporary. A black faux stone bath counter with raised vessel sink suggest they are trying to provide some design details, while the plastic wrapped plastic cups and wall-hung towel cubby suggest "safe" and "clean" in an economy room. You can rest and shower, and watch tv on the 37" flat screen sitting on the desk, but don't expect 4-5
star amenities. Butter-pat size bar soap rounds out the provisions. No accoutrements, so BYO everything (water, shampoo, hair dryer, body
wash). The registration guy mentioned the free morning "coffee" using his own air
quotes, so I think I'll pass.
All in all, if the other joints' $59 room quality is too trifling, spend $99 for a clean and simple experience.

• Stayed June 2014
Schallstadt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

The rooms are above average, seemed newly renovated, clean, and no carpet - wow! - very convenient !!! and in the bath no wasting of water in this desert region....but unfortunately it was awfully loud from unbehaving motel guests getting more and more drunk... peeing over the balcony......until we finally reported to the office and they sent them in.... staff refunded that night! Sadly that the office clerc missed to make our reservation until our preferred day, so we had to leave instead of stay.

Room Tip: take the rooms in the back, further away from the main street
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Good for a stop on the road. Insides of rooms are recently renovated and room was clean. A quick drive to food options. Good for the price. Glad to have a second floor room away from the highway. Be aware that rooms on the back get noise from the neighboring car dealership in the morning.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Santa Rosa, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Motel 6 is always a good place too stay at. This place is friendly. Clean, secure. I always stay here when going thru San Luis Ob. Good for the price. Near stores n restaurants. If u are a single woman they will ask u if u want a upstairs room which is good.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
san diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

This motel 6 looks like it was just renovated. The rooms are clean, no carpet (yeah!). The shower is really cool! Almost European! Clean and modern. The motel seems safe maybe cuz there was a cop in the parking lot.

• Stayed April 2014
Oceanside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the motel 6, (the "north" location) in SLO. I was there for the weekend with my mother to see our family. My check in was very smooth, and welcoming. The young girl working the desk, Tanya was very helpful. Any question we had about SLO she could answer promply. My room was clean and comfortable. Even though there was not much offered I'm glad they had coffee in the morning. I'll stay here again thats for sure

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Motel 6 San Luis Obispo North? Share your experiences!